PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady, NFLPA Granted 14-Day Extension To File Motion For Rehearing By Second Circuit Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of insulting going on there.

I have been discussing Deflategate objectively and openly from the very beginning. I was discussing Jim Irsay's Sunday Night tweets with the nightowls before this was even a story.

About the following video you wrote:

Several posters responded to this post of yours without you ever once engaging them back in any kind of back and forth.

Later

Again, several posters respond to this post you made and go to great, highly informative lengths to help explain to you the source of the .23 difference/talking point.

You nothing. Nothing at all. No back and forth. Just silence.

And finally.

These posts make me think you are less about the "adult conversation" and more about poking holes and expressing doubt about people's pro-Patriot Deflategate arguments...

I've read his previous comments and he has stated that deflategate is BS (in other words) but I do think he is looking at this as a defense lawyer and is trying to build the strongest case possible by finding answers to what he perceives as a weakness.

That's my opinion of his posts.

The science doesn't say nothing happened. The science says there is a theory that explains some or all of the pressure drop, but without knowing the inputs to that theory, we don't know definitively whether it explains some or all of the pressure drop. Big difference. Still, doesn't hurt to drop the IGL on the judges one more time just in case they missed it.
The cited filing does state that the NFL made unfounded assumptions about the inputs.

Somebody please tell me that this will mean something to court.
Given that Judge Chin stated that the evidence against Brady was overwhelming, this demonstrates the scientific community's finding that it really wasn't.

Given that Judge Chin stated that the evidence against Brady was overwhelming, this demonstrates the scientific community's finding that it really wasn't.

Yeah I know. That was just bizarre. It bothered me a lot. I now wonder if they even looked into the case at all or just glazed over it.

anyone know when we will hear anything about the appeal?

I hope Goodell gets HIV

The adults can discuss these things objectively without getting their feelings hurt. I can't promise that I won't again fail to censor myself to protect the more fragile of our flock.
Considering the tone and biting nature of this post, by your own logic your seat is still firmly entrenched at the kids table.

Perhaps you are unaware, but the onus of proof lies with the accuser. The science shows that the balls were within the expected range of temperature when the data is applied correctly. Because of the shoddy methodology and gauges used, the science allows that it is possible that manual deflation could have occurred, but only to a maximum of a fraction of a PSI.

The idea that Goodell can just convict without ANY evidence is absurd, but unfortunately our justice system is corrupt enough to let that happen. This violates the very principal of why our nation was formed.

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."​

Last edited:
Yeah I know. That was just bizarre. It bothered me a lot. I now wonder if they even looked into the case at all or just glazed over it.
The judges decisions weren't based on the details of the case, rather the money and/or power of the NFL and team owners. Chin and Parker were compromised regardless of how many naively believe that federal judges can't be bought.

If exponent used 71 as the locker room temp and used the gauge Walt said he used to the best if his recollection, the balls show no deflation other than what is normal. Why they used 67 as a locker room temp when the hvac is always set between 71-74 and the room was full of people, well I think we know the answer.

The judges decisions weren't based on the details of the case, rather the money and/or power of the NFL and team owners. Chin and Parker were compromised regardless of how many naively believe that federal judges can't be bought.

Not ruling that out but I reserve the use of that reasoning as a last resort especially when many pointed to Kessler's poor performance during the appeal. Something definitely went wrong.

Hoping for that the en banc hearing is granted.

Considering the tone and biting nature of this post, by your own logic your seat is still firmly entrenched at the kids table.

Perhaps you are unaware, but the onus of proof lies with the accuser. The science shows that the balls were within the expected range of temperature when the data is applied correctly. Because of the shoddy methodology and gauges used, the science allows that it is possible that manual deflation could have occurred, but only to a maximum of a fraction of a PSI.

The idea that Goodell can just convict without ANY evidence is absurd, but unfortunately our justice system is corrupt enough to let that happen. This violates the very principal of why our nation was formed.

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

There is evidence. The "big needle". The "deflator", the "pressure to them them done", the bathroom break, the ridiculous explanations given by McNally about being under pressure to unload 50-yd line tickets. Add it up, and it's not a lot, but it is something. If Goodell looks at that stuff and determined that something happened, then he can punish Brady under the CBA. End of story. It's why most legal experts have given Brady little shot in this case. The standard to "convict" is really in the eye of Jolly Roger. The players knew Roger was going to interpret the CBA this way and did little to limit his power, choosing a greater percentage of revenue. So, here we are.

Btw, our justice system may be corrupt, but not because of this case. This horrible system of "justice" at the NFL was bargained for by the players. They could've fought at the negotiating table for independent arbitration, but it would have meant giving up a few dollars. So they chose to benefit the many at the expense of the few that would become subject to the NFL's justice system. Sucks for those that become subject to discipline, but not unjust, because the players had every opportunity to insist on a better system.

Last edited:
There is evidence. The "big needle". The "deflator", the "pressure to them them done", the bathroom break, the ridiculous explanations given by McNally about being under pressure to unload 50-yd line tickets. Add it up, and it's not a lot, but it is something. If Goodell looks at that stuff and determined that something happened, then he can punish Brady under the CBA. End of story. It's why most legal experts have given Brady little shot in this case. The standard to "convict" is really in the eye of Jolly Roger. The players knew Roger was going to interpret the CBA this way and did little to limit his power, choosing a greater percentage of revenue. So, here we are.

References to the "big needle," "the deflator," and "pressure to get them done" can be explained away because it was Mcnally's JOB. He was an EQUIPMENT GUY who was asked to deflate (and inflate) footballs and prep them for Brady prior to the game. The question, which the wells report does not and cannot definitely determine, is whether Brady asked the equipment guys to deflate the balls AFTER the referees inspected them.

and no, an arbitrator cannot do what he wants. he has to act within the bounds of the CBA, which says equipment violations are at most a fine. If stick um was considered an equipment violation then so is deflating footballs. Does Goodell think we are stupid?

Last edited:
That isn't EVIDENCE. People who handle footballs making comments about needles, inflation, deflation etc at points months in the past is not evidence of a plan to deflate footballs. Going to the bathroom is not evidence of deflating footballs. Is McNally going to the bathroom evidence that he murdered someone in there? There is as much proof that he deflated footballs in that room as that he murdered someone.

If you researched the ticket comments it is not only reasonable but it was corroborated by wells team. The chose that the meaning they invented for the text was more credible than the meaning both people in the conversation gave.

None if this is evidence it is just occurrences that have zero value in proving anything being written down so people can think something could have happened.

I was at the bank talking about needing extra money for an addition in my house is not evidence against me when the bank is robbed. Same thing here.

I don't believe they were bribed but that's a very different idea than believing they were inherently biased or influenced by other factors than the facts.

References to the "big needle," "the deflator," and "pressure to get them done" can be explained away because it was HIS JOB. He was an EQUIPMENT GUY who was asked to deflate (and inflate) footballs and prep them for the game. The question, which the wells report does not and cannot definitely state is whether Brady asked the equipment guys to deflate the balls AFTER the referees inspected them.

and no an arbitrator cannot do what he wants willy-nilly. he has to act within the bounds of the CBA, which says equipment violations are at most a fine. If stick um was considered an equipment violation then so is deflating footballs. Does Goodell think we are stupid?

In the first paragraph, you are giving us your interpretation of the facts. It is a plausible interpretation. Unfortunately, Goodell's is the only interpretation that matters under the law. Your second paragraph, you are reiterating the NFLPA's contract arguments. I could see a court going either way on those (and what do you know, we are 2-2 so far on that question amongst federal judges).

I don't believe they were bribed but that's a very different idea than believing they were inherently biased or influenced by other factors than the facts.
I doubt they were directly paid any money.

That isn't EVIDENCE. People who handle footballs making comments about needles, inflation, deflation etc at points months in the past is not evidence of a plan to deflate footballs. Going to the bathroom is not evidence of deflating footballs. Is McNally going to the bathroom evidence that he nurdered someone in there? There is as much proof that he deflated footballs in that room as that he nurdered someone.
If you researched the ticket comments it is not only reasonable but it was corroborated by wells team. The chose that the meaning they invented for the text was more credible than the meaning both people in the conversation gave.
None if this is evidence it is just occurrences that have zero value in proving anything being written down so people can think something could have happened.

I was at the bank talking about needing extra money for an addition in my house is not evidence against me when the bank is robbed. Same thing here.

It is evidence and it is relevant. Your explanations go to the weight of the evidence.

There is evidence. The "big needle". The "deflator", the "pressure to them them done", the bathroom break, the ridiculous explanations given by McNally about being under pressure to unload 50-yd line tickets. Add it up, and it's not a lot, but it is something.

There is no dead body, and the person who was supposedly murdered is alive and well.

It makes your list of possible murder weapons moot, regardless of how likely they would be if there WAS a murder.

That isn't EVIDENCE. People who handle footballs making comments about needles, inflation, deflation etc at points months in the past is not evidence of a plan to deflate footballs. Going to the bathroom is not evidence of deflating footballs. Is McNally going to the bathroom evidence that he nurdered someone in there? There is as much proof that he deflated footballs in that room as that he nurdered someone.

Here, drop this.
mic.png

There is no dead body, and the person who was supposedly murdered is alive and well.

It makes your list of possible murder weapons moot, regardless of how likely they would be if there WAS a murder.

Read Palm Beach Pats Fans' post above. The science is inconclusive. It doesn't rule out foul play. It just fails to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents