PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB's options...

Status
Not open for further replies.
=================================================

Fair disclosure is I do think he is guilty

====================================================

Many would continue the ruse till the bitter end if they know there guilty, it proves nothing to continue to fight and continue to lose. And in this case even if he were to some how get a win out of this it won't mean much to the majority.

I say move on.

I don't and probably never will know short of a confession from TB if he is truly guilty are not.
Honor aside, sometimes the best move is to concede.

Full disclosure, i think you're a ******.

I have lost all respect for you as a poster. You're an im(poster). and a complete failure. You deserve your team.

He represents more than just a football player. Or teammate. Or employee. Or family man. He is a Union man. He's not giving in. He's got guts, nads and a sense of loyalty to his brothers.

**** that and **** you.

Well said. Especially the "**** that and **** you," it was poetic.

I wept.

Well said. Especially the "**** that and **** you," it was poetic.

I wept.
I stole it from the movie, Matewan.

Full disclosure, i think you're a ******.

Of course you do.........I mean you're a Jets fan.......at some point your jealousy gets the best of you

Only one option - 19-0

here's another option for Brady
Last_prism_dummies.gif

Many would continue the ruse till the bitter end if they know there guilty, it proves nothing to continue to fight and continue to lose. And in this case even if he were to some how get a win out of this it won't mean much to the majority.
Not necessarily. Minds can and are being changed with this case as the facts come out, as we have seen in the past year. Plenty of media and fans are very skeptical now that anything happened that night. That was not the case last year outside of NE.

Continuing to fight is more opportunity to put the facts out there as they are.

I don't and probably never will know short of a confession from TB if he is truly guilty are not.
Honor aside, sometimes the best move is to concede.

Not in this case.

The Patriots could get in a plane crash and the league would take away their first for not playing, if they did it as a protest the league would take the team over.
My question was actually serious.

So, you are saying that if they don't play for any reason, no matter how legitimate, the League can penalize them a Draft pick under the Owners' agreement?

And you're also saying that the Owners' agreement stipulates that the League can expropriate a Team that forfeits a game for any other purpose?

If those points are matters of fact, then, Thank You for the clarification. If they are the case, then it probably doesn't make sense to forfeit the Arizona Game, as satisfying a statement as that might be.

So, you are saying that if they don't play for any reason, no matter how legitimate, the League can penalize them a Draft pick under the Owners' agreement?

And you're also saying that the Owners' agreement stipulates that the League can expropriate a Team that forfeits a game for any other purpose?

If those points are matters of fact, then, Thank You for the clarification.

Haven't we learned anything? Fraudger can penalize a team for any reason at any time, and name any penalty he wants, and there's not a single thing that Kraft will bother to do about it.

I stole it from the movie, Matewan.
As Ian's independent investigator, I am handing down a 4 week suspension you cheat. Stealing movies quotes without proper documentation. If you have any new relevant information you wish to provide send me a PM so I can properly ignore it.

Haven't we learned anything? Fraudger can penalize a team for any reason at any time, and name any penalty he wants, and there's not a single thing that Kraft will bother to do about it.
Two statements there.
On the second, we agree. Kraft won't do anything that upsets Goofell and "the 32."

On the second, I am seriously seeking clarification. This isn't about the NFLPA and the CBA, but rather about the Contract that Owners sign with the League and the other 31 Owners when they acquire a Franchise. Are the consequences of a Forfeit other than for an Act of God covered in that Contract? If so what are the penalties and/or other provisions that surround such a Forfeit?

Let's face it, the Patriots are guilty. Brady too. We all know that McNally went into the bathroom and let out .1 PSI from all 12 balls in 90 seconds. This is the explanation for how balls fell from 12.5 PSI to 11.2 PSI. The Ideal Gas Law says they should have been at 11.3 PSI, but they weren't. I know some of you are going to talk about the wet balls and evaporative cooling, but come on. Be serious. He let out .1 PSI and he was highly motivated to do so. That .1PSI is the difference between a fumble and a non-fumble, a dropped TD and the winning TD!

If those points are matters of fact, then, Thank You for the clarification. If they are the case, then it probably doesn't make sense to forfeit the Arizona Game, as satisfying a statement as that might be.

I know the owners have the right to vote one off the island, I'm guessing this would be cause enough for NE.

Two statements there.
On the second, we agree. Kraft won't do anything that upsets Goofell and "the 32."

On the second, I am seriously seeking clarification. This isn't about the NFLPA and the CBA, but rather about the Contract that Owners sign with the League and the other 31 Owners when they acquire a Franchise. Are the consequences of a Forfeit other than for an Act of God covered in that Contract? If so what are the penalties and/or other provisions that surround such a Forfeit?

And I'll reiterate that it doesn't matter what any contract says. Goodell can do whatever he wants to the Patriots, whenever he wants, for whatever reason he wants and there's not thing one any owner will do to stop him,.

Not if they all have the "flu"
DW Toys

I think Brady's only shot at this is to win an en banc appeal. The supreme court probably won't help even if they decide to hear the case - it will probably be a 4-4 split.

This is kind of hilarious, But you think he is guilty of what exactly?

deflating footballs? Science and math prove otherwise, take the temperature of the game, the remembered start PSI of the footballs, and account for the fact that it was a raining relatively hard, you can put all the numbers into a calculator, or excel spreadsheet, and using the formula that the entire scientific community agrees is fact, the balls fall into the expected psi range.

Guilty of destroying his phone?

It's his phone, Wells said very specifically during the investigation "I don't need the phone". What do you do with your old phones? do you keep them? Do you trade them in? do you throw them away?

I mean you're a jet fan, So i fully expect you to take the jet fan route and not defend your position at all. But to say you think he is guilty shows you either didn't read any of the wells report, or the released appeal docs, You don't understand of basic high school level physics works, or you think Brady graduated from hogwarts.

Two statements there.

McCann and others have written about the NFL Constitution, etc. months ago. You can find a copy of the 2006 version of it (which may well be the most recent one) here: http://thesportsesquires.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/NFL-Constitution-and-Bylaws.pdf

If you look at pages 30 through 35 (the page numbers on the document) you will see that if Goodell can convince 3/4 of the owners (so currently 24) to back him, he can basically do anything he wants to a team, like declaring players to be free agents, forcing a sale, voiding front-office contracts, transferring draft choices or even players between teams, etc.

McCann and others have written about the NFL Constitution, etc. months ago. You can find a copy of the 2006 version of it (which may well be the most recent one) here: http://thesportsesquires.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/NFL-Constitution-and-Bylaws.pdf

If you look at pages 30 through 35 (the page numbers on the document) you will see that if Goodell can convince 3/4 of the owners (so currently 24) to back him, he can basically do anything he wants to a team, like declaring players to be free agents, forcing a sale, voiding front-office contracts, transferring draft choices or players on IR between teams, etc.
Thanks. So, the question becomes, would eight other Owners support Kraft in a showdown if the Pats forfeited a game in protest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News