PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady, NFLPA Granted 14-Day Extension To File Motion For Rehearing By Second Circuit Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Tom beat the odds. He's rewriting that book.

Does the court have the authority to overrule the commissioner?

Maybe Goodell will try and suspend Ted Olsen and see if it flies.

Because article 46.

Not trying to get too far ahead, but...

1. Brady is granted the en banc hearing and WINS. The NFL can appeal? Where?
2. Brady is denied the hearing or loses it. The next step and last chance is the SCOTUS?

Maybe Goodell will try and suspend Ted Olsen and see if it flies.

Because article 46.

Maybe he can use it on Hillary Clinton?

:eek::D:p

Political forum in 3...2...1..

It just hit me...this is going to be heard by the Supreme Court of the United States.

It's the only fitting conclusion to this insanity.

It's honestly possible because it has so much visibility at this point and you have to think the Feds are watching.

A NY judge just last week asked for the discovery process to get under way in the 1 billion dollar (way too low) concussion settlement to see if the NFL was negligent or WORSE.

So, the NFL is under some fire here and it's on a very serious level at this point. Throw in the undetectable Chinese roids that Gomer was using from the Guyer Institute, and Goodell can't really hide anymore behind his scummy lawyers.

I still believe the SI piece on some owners wanting Goodell to settle is a lot more about Brady having the fire power to dig in, not only because of how Brady is, but how it would be bad for business AND the idea Goodell would have to take a stand if Brady does sue for defamation.

Sounds like the NFLPA is going step by step.

1. Appeal back to get all 13 judges to hear this again without Kessler being cut off an unable to speak.
2. Go the Supreme Court.
3. Defamation suit.

I KNOW THE OWNERS and GOODELL do not want options 2 or 3.

They granted an extension, nothing more. Until TB12 gets an en banc or SCOTUS date I'm not getting any hopes up. Been down that road!

Just keep in mind, the ace in the hole remains a Brady defamation suit.

2. Brady is denied the hearing or loses it. The next step and last chance is the SCOTUS?

For 1, the NFL appeal would also be SCOTUS. For 2, that is correct.

It's honestly possible because it has so much visibility at this point and you have to think the Feds are watching.

A NY judge just last week asked for the discovery process to get under way in the 1 billion dollar (way too low) concussion settlement to see if the NFL was negligent or WORSE.

So, the NFL is under some fire here and it's on a very serious level at this point. Throw in the undetectable Chinese roids that Gomer was using from the Guyer Institute, and Goodell can't really hide anymore behind his scummy lawyers.

I still believe the SI piece on some owners wanting Goodell to settle is a lot more about Brady having the fire power to dig in, not only because of how Brady is, but how it would be bad for business AND the idea Goodell would have to take a stand if Brady does sue for defamation.

Sounds like the NFLPA is going step by step.

1. Appeal back to get all 13 judges to hear this again without Kessler being cut off an unable to speak.
2. Go the Supreme Court.
3. Defamation suit.

I KNOW THE OWNERS and GOODELL do not want options 2 or 3.

The NFLPA wouldn't sue the league for defamation, that's not their charge.

Brady, of course, could, but won't, because it is unwinnable.

SCOTUS is all there is for either side after this.

If whoever loses wants to continue this they will file a petition for certiorari with SCOTUS.

Unlike with the circuit courts, SCOTUS is free to reject the petition. In all but some rare, specific circumstances (this isn't one) you have no right of appeal to SCOTUS. You can only ask and hope they agree to hear your case.

The NFLPA wouldn't sue the league for defamation, that's not their charge.

Brady, of course, could, but won't, because it is unwinnable.

How is Brady filing a suit, getting his reps from Uggs and Under Armour on the stand explaining why they are a releasing a cheater/liar/perjurer like Brady, and how it will affect his finances, showing financial harm to Brady, while showing Goodell and Co's phones and computers, to show intent of a framejob here, "unwinnable"?

It's not only winnable, it's a slam dunk if you have been paying attention. I also think Ted Wells would actually testify on behalf of Brady because it's clear his investigation was compromised. i don't think he's too happy about some of the things Jeff Pash did, including his infamous "wordsmithing".

The 56 proven lies in the Wells Report are already proven, so once a judge opens up the case and get to the discovery portion of the process, on ALL of their phones, including starting with John Harbaugh and Chuck Pagano, it's a slam dunk.

We all now how this unfolded, dude. And right now, Goodell has called Brady a cheater, liar and someone who lied under oath, and Brady would have plenty of money to rattle the cage of the NFL.

But, John Harbaugh can start on that stand and tell the court what he and Pagano talked about AFTER Brady told Harbaugh to "check the rule book".

The last thing Goodell wants to do is take a federal stand, explaining his emails and texts on an overhead projector.

Tom Brady does not quit!

One might guess that even his legal opponents might get that. :rolleyes: :p

Yeah, but i'm sure it pisses goodell off, and thats a good thing.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist any longer :D

a0dKDOz.png

Just keep in mind, the ace in the hole remains a Brady defamation suit.

I was wondering the other day what would happen if he sues for some crazy sum of dough. I almost want to think the owners would breathe down the Fuhrer's neck to reduce/toss the suspension.

But then I remember that the Fuhrer is a smug and pompous little turd. His arrogance would probably still not allow him to call the union reps to deal. Any pressure would have to come from the other 31 owners.

Seems the public opinion in the media has swung strongly against the NFL. The longer Brady prolongs this, the more it is rubbed in their face by the media and the higher the bills go on this. Even if he does not ultimately win, this benefits him in the long run. Shows he wanted to pursue his good name.

I agree too, especially if Peterson wins in CA8.

How is Brady filing a suit, getting his reps from Uggs and Under Armour on the stand explaining why they are a releasing a cheater/liar/perjurer like Brady, and how it will affect his finances, showing financial harm to Brady, while showing Goodell and Co's phones and computers, to show intent of a framejob here, "unwinnable"?

It's not only winnable, it's a slam dunk if you have been paying attention. I also think Ted Wells would actually testify on behalf of Brady because it's clear his investigation was compromised. i don't think he's too happy about some of the things Jeff Pash did, including his infamous "wordsmithing".

The 56 proven lies in the Wells Report are already proven, so once a judge opens up the case and get to the discovery portion of the process, on ALL of their phones, including starting with John Harbaugh and Chuck Pagano, it's a slam dunk.

We all now how this unfolded, dude. And right now, Goodell has called Brady a cheater, liar and someone who lied under oath, and Brady would have plenty of money to rattle the cage of the NFL.

But, John Harbaugh can start on that stand and tell the court what he and Pagano talked about AFTER Brady told Harbaugh to "check the rule book".

The last thing Goodell wants to do is take a federal stand, explaining his emails and texts on an overhead projector.

Would losing four game checks count as financial harm? If so (and I don't see why it wouldn't, but maybe I'm missing something), I'd think demonstrating financial harm would be a no-brainer.

Rusty, what SI article?
I would think the nfl now knows TB is going to do everything in his power to clear his name, I would think a whiff of a defamation suit would make some owners a little nervous but some of those guys have huge egos so who knows.

Would losing four game checks count as financial harm? If so (and I don't see why it wouldn't, but maybe I'm missing something), I'd think demonstrating financial harm would be a no-brainer.
Yes, the 4 game checks would be the easiest thing to prove as far as financial damages to Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back