PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady, NFLPA Granted 14-Day Extension To File Motion For Rehearing By Second Circuit Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are down 21-20 in the 4th qtr with 22 seconds left on your own 38yd line, all you need is a 1st down to then try and get the ball in FG range....

TB12 did just that.

Not really. More like he's down 6 with 22 seconds left.

Probably because clement and olson have 'sparred' before and clement has won ?

When they were out for martinis after a case I bet Olson ordered his with Magnum Grey Goose and got Clement's with Popov from the plastic bottle....

Not really. More like he's down 6 with 22 seconds left.

I dunna know....I think this is going the distance.

They will give Olsen his time.....out of respect.

Is a loss on the Peterson ruling mean we are screwed? And how likely is AD to win?

Is a loss on the Peterson ruling mean we are screwed? And how likely is AD to win?
A loss on Peterson would hurt the chances of SCOTUS taking up the eventual appeal (if Brady's loses en banc or is simply not heard en banc).

However, I like Peterson's chances of winning. Much like Brady, he won Round 1 and the NFL appealed so it's another case of trying to overturn a lower court, which is always tough (even though the NFL succeeded to that end with Brady). CA8 has been very unfriendly to the NFL, which is why the NFLPA always wants these things filed in CA8.

A loss on Peterson would hurt the chances of SCOTUS taking up the eventual appeal (if Brady's loses en banc or is simply not heard en banc).

However, I like Peterson's chances of winning. Much like Brady, he won Round 1 and the NFL appealed so it's another case of trying to overturn a lower court, which is always tough (even though the NFL succeeded to that end with Brady). CA8 has been very unfriendly to the NFL, which is why the NFLPA always wants these things filed in CA8.
And the Brady case wasn't filed in CA8?

The NFL did the filing in the Brady case with their whole "motion to uphold" maneuver, submitted about 2 seconds after announcing Brady's suspension was upheld. The NFLPA also submitted in CA8 the same day but that judge pretty much said "the NFL already submitted in CA2, so you have to go there."

I honestly do not know who decides whether or not to grant the extension, but it shows that the court does not consider this en banc appeal to be frivolous.
Not necessarily. Short extensions of already short deadlines are routinely granted, whether by agreement of the parties or approval by the Court. It doesn't mean anything other than they gave Brady and extra two weeks to get his ducks in order.

Initially but if you remember the whole race to file and the NFL beat the NFLPA to filing thing..

They granted an extension, nothing more. Until TB12 gets an en banc or SCOTUS date I'm not getting any hopes up. Been down that road!

They granted an extension, nothing more. Until TB12 gets an en banc or SCOTUS date I'm not getting any hopes up. Been down that road!
a91e96bdefcaf07b750bcf05be531e0d.jpg

o_O (sorry about the embedded f-bomb)

Not necessarily. Short extensions of already short deadlines are routinely granted, whether by agreement of the parties or approval by the Court. It doesn't mean anything other than they gave Brady and extra two weeks to get his ducks in order.

We were told by legal experts that the fact that Berman ridiculed the NFL meant nothing and that Chin insisting Brady was guilty also meant nothing. I have no legal experience and no offense, but at this point, I'm going to listen to my own common sense rather than legal experts since it's been more accurate. I'm taking this as a good sign.

As per florio this is the norm. This has no bearing on en banc hearing being accepted.
Yeah, but i'm sure it pisses goodell off, and thats a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back