PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady joking with Kobe Byrant following Celtics loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN. Tom Brady was seen laughing with Kobe Byrant after the Celtics loss last night.

Wilbon also mentioned that Brady got a standing ovation from the fans at TD Garden, and was modest enough to not raise his hand until Nate Robinson raised it for him.

So what do you guys think of this? Big Deal or No Problem?

NOTE: Mods I realize this regards basketball, but I felt it appropriate to post here since it involves Brady. Feel free to move if necessary.
brady isn't a boston celtic, end of story

brady isn't a boston celtic, end of story

Not yet, but as we all know Kraft is too cheap to re-sign Brady and I heard Ainge has his eyes on him as a replacement for Ray Allen.

Not yet, but as we all know Kraft is too cheap to re-sign Brady and I heard Ainge has his eyes on him as a replacement for Ray Allen.

I heard the Celtics are gonna sweeten the deal and send Big Baby to Gillette.:)

it's only basketball.

i definitely have a problem with this, but whatever.

Brady is slower than Scal ... what would we do with him PJ. :confused2:

Brady is slower than Scal ... what would we do with him PJ. :confused2:

Have him spot up and miss 3's all day just like Ray did yesterday.

i think it's pretty cool but i am a lakers fan. but even if you bleed green it should not be a big deal as much as we hate payton manning, him and brady are good friends.

im sure we all have a lot of friends who are not patriots fans it's pretty much the same thing i guess just two guys talking

I can't believe people are making such a big deal out of nothing. First of all, this isn't high school. Second, we are comparing apples to oranges or in this case, football to basketball. Is Brady supposed to support everything that is Boston? Absolutely not. However, the better argument would be whether Brady is chatting with Peyton Manning after a loss (since the Colts are the Pats rival and the Colts own the Pats).

By the way, I'm a pretty involved Celtic fan. And I have no problem with this. Just two athletes who dominate their sports chatting.

Same here. I'm a way bigger Pats fan than Celts, but I'm a pretty diehard Celts fan too (and I care more about the Celts than the Sox). And I don't have a problem with this either. Kobe's a hell of a player, and it makes sense that he and Kobe might enjoy each other's company, since competitively they're wired in much the same way.

Have him spot up and miss 3's all day just like Ray did yesterday.

I can do that too! And I'll do it for the rookie minimum, no less...

I can't believe people are making such a big deal out of nothing. First of all, this isn't high school. Second, we are comparing apples to oranges or in this case, football to basketball. Is Brady supposed to support everything that is Boston? Absolutely not. However, the better argument would be whether Brady is chatting with Peyton Manning after a loss (since the Colts are the Pats rival and the Colts own the Pats).

Who are you talking about? 90% of people are saying it's no big deal.

I'm fine with it. The Celtics are the most dislikable team in the NBA. Other than the classy Ray Allen and Doc Rivers the Celts are a bunch of whining wannabe punks. How can you guys root for dinks like Kendrick Perkins and Sheed Wallace??
And Kevin Garnett's pre-game headbanging stare down with the stanchion is hilarious. Go Lakers!!!

Brady should only hang with rapists off camera.

I'm fine with it. The Celtics are the most dislikable team in the NBA. Other than the classy Ray Allen and Doc Rivers the Celts are a bunch of whining wannabe punks. How can you guys root for dinks like Kendrick Perkins and Sheed Wallace??
And Kevin Garnett's pre-game headbanging stare down with the stanchion is hilarious. Go Lakers!!!

In as much as I dislike Paul Pierce arrogance, I will always support for my home team(s) irrespective of where I am located and even if I do not follow the friggin game (like NHL). I am sure you are rooting for 'non-dinks' in the Lakers having an impeccable reputation and with class, and more importantly, have a coach who always take the high road. :rolleyes:

Go C E L T I C S!!

I just wonder if the Boston media will be able to drive out one of the greatest athletes/personalities in the city's history.

That's what the local media wants to do. They also want to drive out the greatest WR in Patriots (and maybe the NFL's) history. This is not a new thing; Ted Williams would have left if he could have; they hated him. And Clemons and Petey and Manny.

Just saw this on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN. Tom Brady was seen laughing with Kobe Byrant after the Celtics loss last night.

Wilbon also mentioned that Brady got a standing ovation from the fans at TD Garden, and was modest enough to not raise his hand until Nate Robinson raised it for him.

So what do you guys think of this? Big Deal or No Problem?

NOTE: Mods I realize this regards basketball, but I felt it appropriate to post here since it involves Brady. Feel free to move if necessary.

players do it all the time. In baseball, you always see players chatting it up at the batting cage before the game. When the game starts, it is all business. When I played JUCO baseball (Quinsigamond CC) i had a very good fried that went to CCRI. We played them one series and things got heated, a fight broke out, and we beat the crap out of one another. I still talk to him this very day. Players have friends on other teams, but when the game starts, I can assure you that they are all business.

In the case of Brady, you are talking two high profile players. Also, Brady being from Cali, he might be a Laker fan. I say no big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case