PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady ‘wouldn't be opposed' to NFL return, mentions Patriots -- DON'T NEED A QB ANYMORE!

LOL!! You're being awfully generous with most of the above selections and calling them good ones. Most of those names are easily replaceable, especially the ones on offense. I like Shane Vereen but the guy was a 2nd round pick who combined for 2,000 rushing/receiving yards in 4 years and could have been easily replaced if necessary. That's not what you want from a 2nd round pick.

He was GM for 25 years. You could throw darts at a dartboard to determine your draft picks and you'd hit a few winners over 25 years. Fact is Brady carried this team for 20 years. Once Brady left, the team went straight downhill. That's 100% on Belichick.
Vareen could have been a SB MVP. And sure you can take him off if you want. I probably missed a more than that anyway.

That's only the draft picks too. How many other impact signings or trades did he make too? Corey, Moss, Revis, Rodney just to name a few.

Fact is he was the best GM and HC ever.

When he had Tom Brady, yup. Before - and especially after - Brady, not so much.
The word I used was ever so of course that includes the TB12 years.

The word I used was ever so of course that includes the TB12 years.
Point being that there is absolutely no demand to hire Belichick - as a GM or HC - without Brady.

You'd think the best GM of all time would have some takers....

Point being that there is absolutely no demand to hire Belichick - as a GM or HC - without Brady.

You'd think the best GM of all time would have some takers....
Age is playing a role in demand. How much is up for debate but it's hard to make sweeping opinions without considering it.

He may come back Rocky style if the Chiefs 3 peat.

What would you say if Manning tried to come back now?

As for the color spot, I don't need my color guy to be super entertaining. I just need him to know the game and not annoy the crap out of everyone. I think Brady can fit that bill.
I wouldn't because he retired after the 2015 season and his arm is shot.

Brady retired a year ago and was healthy and incredibly productive.

Even if he sucked it wouldn't change his legacy as a player. Although he might be entering Favre territory as a grade a flake

Pass ... thanks for the memories and joy Tom.
A team loses their QB and has a chance at the Super Bowl ... go for it.
Yeah Brady might hurt our chances at another top 3 pick next year

Last time Brady skipped the off season workouts, he got injured early on and was out of the season....and he was younger then. These days he would get crushed and lose a knee or, even worse, a hip.

And, unless he was totally insane, Brady would not come back to the Patriots and try to play behind a turnstile of an OL with no receivers (except Pop) to throw to. The Patriots are, at least right now, the junior varsity of the NFL after a pathetic off season. Unless we are visited by a draft-day miracle, the Patriots are confined to the basement for the foreseeable future.

It we want to talk crazy talk, it is more likely that BB comes back to the Patriots (please, please), if they can just fire the elderly owner....but that will not happen, at least not this year, but, as it stands, Mayo will be the fall guy after another disastrous season and there will be a job opening next January.

BTW, I am sure I am making a lot of friends at Gillette these days :rolleyes:..
Brady would make our line look like a fortress. Good Qb's know how to get throws off and know where to go and do pre snap protection movements. Not just drop back and then if you see a defender throw it to the cornerback like we had

I wouldn't because he retired after the 2015 season and his arm is shot.

Brady retired a year ago and was healthy and incredibly productive.

Even if he sucked it wouldn't change his legacy as a player. Although he might be entering Favre territory as a grade a flake
Different opinions but that's OK. I for one would not want to see Brady finish his career floundering around like every guy (including Manning) who stayed way too long. Part of cementing his legacy as GOAT is leaving people believing he could have won even more titles. After 7 rings and a lifetime of dominance I don't know what else needs to be accomplished. And I believe this x10 if he actually came back to the Patriots and their current disastrous situation.

Where's Wilfork ... make that race happen.

Vareen could have been a SB MVP. And sure you can take him off if you want. I probably missed a more than that anyway.

That's only the draft picks too. How many other impact signings or trades did he make too? Corey, Moss, Revis, Rodney just to name a few.

Fact is he was the best GM and HC ever.
Bill was never named GM.

Bill Walsh is the GOAT GM/HC. He drafted Joe Montana and had a HOF QB succession plan with Steve Young replacing Montana

Bill was never named GM.

Bill Walsh is the GOAT GM/HC. He drafted Joe Montana and had a HOF QB succession plan with Steve Young replacing Montana
Come on now he was Defacto GM.

Your entitled to your opinion with Walsh as he is one of the few who can be considered for this debate. I'll still take Bill.

Not putting this on you but I find it funny how some will point out that Bill never won without Brady. Same is true of Walsh he never won without Joe. And a step further in Walsh's case Seifert was easily able to replicate what Walsh did and win with Joe and he was the one to actually carry out the succession plan to Young.

Bill was never named GM.
BB was the GM.
Please. Name one other time in history a HoF QB was replaced by a HoF QB. Credit to Walsh for trading for Young.

Bill had the plan in place. The foil was Tom who kept playing after 40.

BB was the GM.

Please. Name one other time in history a HoF QB was replaced by a HoF QB. Credit to Walsh for trading for Young.

Bill had the plan in place. The foil was Tom who kept playing after 40.
Yeah I mean obviously Walsh is one of the few guys you can put in a debate with Bill. If he wants to go with Walsh so be it. I'm going to stick with Bill.

But I'm not giving him too much credit for Young since he left before Montana did.

Age is playing a role in demand. How much is up for debate but it's hard to make sweeping opinions without considering it.
Age isn't much of a factor IMO. He is not a player. If an owner believes he can win with him, then he would get hired. Obviously no one does as the only interview he had was with the crappy Falcons and they said no.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back