PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To clinch the #2 overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not hear one criticism of the Maroney pick at the time we made it. Maroney had a great college career 1000+ yds 3x. Supposedly, NSA's God Polian even wanted him. Was pissed we took him before they did. They lost Edge and needed a rb more than we did. Addai was an underachiever in college. A lot of people thought he was a bit of a reach. He wasn't even a full-time starter at LSU. I give the Colts credit for drafting him. But, they would have taken Maroney too.

Addai
a 187 yds 911 avg 4.9 td 9 sr
a 101 yds 680 avg 6.7 td 3 jr
a 114 yds 520 avg 4.6 td 2 so
a 80 yds 438 avg 5.5 td 4 fr

Maroney
a 281 yds 1464 avg 5.2 td 10 jr
a 217 yds 1348 avg 6.2 td 12 so
a 162 yds 1121 avg 6.9 td 10 fr

Maroney also shared time with M.Barber or he would have had even better stats. Anyone who saw them play in college thought Maroney was the better prospect. It hasn't turned out that way so far. But, saying Addai is a better prospect is 20/20 hindsight. Nobody thought so at the time. And, I mean nobody. Chad Jackson is a different story. There were a few more skeptics of him than there were with L.Maroney.

We will probably trade the number 2 pick if it comes to be.

I'm also hoping to see the Browns lose more games (as well as Dallas but I don't think that's going to happen) in the hopes that they might be interested in trading their two #1s and a 2nd for the #2-4 overall.

Trading back with other teams is also possible but it starts getting complicated working three way trades or including players in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft