PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION TNF Watching: Bucs @ Buffalo

Todd Bowles gonna Todd Bowles

Devin White doesn't look like the same Devin White who was awesome in that Super Bowl run. Probably not a great time for that to happen if his contract is up this year.

Also think the Baker Mayfield experiment has run its course with Tampa. Might as well start Trask and see what he's got.

YDS:
#16 Julio - 13,632
#24 AB - 12,291
#32 Hopkins - 11,674
#40 Evans - 10,932 (on track for 11,656)
#41 Kelce - 10,869
#51 D Adams - 10,165
#56 Allen - 9,861

TD:
#10 Largent* - 100
#12 Gronk - 92
#14 D Adams - 90
#17 Evans - 86 (on track for 90)

I think if he ends up w/ 95-100 TDs and catches Julio in yards he can make it. There's only 10 players w/ >100 TDs and all are or will be HOFers. He's 30 so probably a couple more seasons. Having played and winning a SB w/ the GOAT can only help him.
Yeah he's on track stats wise, but with the extra 17th game a WR needs to produce bigger stats. I think 14000 yards and 110 td is baseline for ME and younger receivers. His issue is not enough national recognition ie probowls, allpro, and dominant seasons.

I enjoy watching him move up the all time lists just as I did with Brady and Gronk.

Brady became a true scoring machine when he had Moss. When Brady had Gronk, he was the best in the league. When Gronk was injured or retired (both times), Brady did not have as much success.

Clearly Mac will never be a top QB but I think he could be JG without the injuries. That is a top 10 to 15 QB. With good defense like the Pats have year in and year out, that's good enough to contend. But Mac needs a difference maker which he hasn't had in 3 years. That could be Evans. He's not a dominant WR like Hill or Jefferson, but he scores TDs year after year after year.

Evans is a TD scoring machine. If Mac is the starting QB next season, I'll be surprised if the Pats don't at least kick the tires on.

Last edited:
Also think the Baker Mayfield experiment has run its course with Tampa. Might as well start Trask and see what he's got.
Yeah but not because of Baker. He has played good enough. He is ranked in the middle of the league.

It's just that the issue with the team is the same as last year. The worst run in the league that can't get a yard on 3rd and 1, and too many negative to 2 yard runs. Then there's Bowles whose playing not to lose and not trying to score points.

Last years team had tons of injuries, while this team is healthy. So they should be doing better.

Todd Bowles gonna Todd Bowles

Yep... That 4th-quarter TD drive was a Clown Car with him & Mayfield as the drivers: they ****ing huddled Every. Single. ****ing. Snap... ALL of them!
I wish I could've tele-ported to their sideline and given those two sleepy-heads the Sister Mary Elephant treatment...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back