PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tired of the whining and complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlpatsfan

On the Roster
Reaction score
Here is to all you fair weather fans. Way to bail out when the going gets tough. I am tired of reading about how the season is over or how the Pats just aren't that good of a team or the Pats have lost it. You people sicken me. We have lost 3 games this season and two of them have been too two of the best teams in the league. I am sorry that you came on board as a fan during our first Superbowl run and have been spoiled up until this point but your whining and complaining about our losses doesn't help anything.

If you want to run down a team at least pick a bad team. Go be a Raider fan. Conversely, if you want to cheer for someone who will win most of the time go be a Colts fan. There is a bandwagon you can really sink your teeth into. I don't want to hear you crying about it when Payton blows another playoff game though...but I know I will.

The Pats are in a very tough part of the schedule and the real fans knew they would lose a game or two here. The rest of you "the sky is falling" crowd need to settle down and decide where you loyalty lies.
For me
I believe that the Pats are still one of the elite(and most feared) teams
I believe Tom Brady is the best QB is the league
I believe the BB is the best coach in the history of the game
I believe our running game will pull us through
I believe we have a great group of linebackers
I believe that our receivers are coming together and will be great
I believe that we will make the playoffs
and finally...I believe that we can win the Superbowl this year!

GO PATS! And for all you doubters, whiners and complainers GO AWAY!

atlpatsfan said:
Here is to all you fair weather fans. Way to bail out when the going gets tough. I am tired of reading about how the season is over or how the Pats just aren't that good of a team or the Pats have lost it. You people sicken me. We have lost 3 games this season and two of them have been too two of the best teams in the league. I am sorry that you came on board as a fan during our first Superbowl run and have been spoiled up until this point but your whining and complaining about our losses doesn't help anything.

If you want to run down a team at least pick a bad team. Go be a Raider fan. Conversely, if you want to cheer for someone who will win most of the time go be a Colts fan. There is a bandwagon you can really sink your teeth into. I don't want to hear you crying about it when Payton blows another playoff game though...but I know I will.

The Pats are in a very tough part of the schedule and the real fans knew they would lose a game or two here. The rest of you "the sky is falling" crowd need to settle down and decide where you loyalty lies.
For me

Great Post agree completely.

I agree with you the sky is not falling. But I think you might have some rose color Patriot glasses on. All is not well in Foxboro.

I believe that the Pats are still one of the elite(and most feared) teams -
No way, elite teams don't lose 3 home games.

I believe Tom Brady is the best QB is the league - maybe, but he is not playing like it this year. America is about "What have you done for me lately"

I believe the BB is the best coach in the history of the game - perhaps, but not the last 2 weeks.

I believe our running game will pull us through - I agree, it has to.

I believe we have a great group of linebackers - no way, they are old, slow and tired.

I believe that our receivers are coming together and will be great - good yes, great no. Great receivers make the pro bowl. We have no pro bowl receivers.

I believe that we will make the playoffs - yes, schedule and division give a good shot.

and finally...I believe that we can win the Superbowl this year! - I hope so. Yet right now I think the Pats are 6th best team in the NFL.

What's wrong with expecting good things from the team you follow? The people on these boards always bag on people who expect the Pats to win every week. They treat the 3 Superbowls as if that's all this franchise will ever get so we should enjoy them and shut up. Then they bring up how crappy the team was for 40 some-odd years as if that has any bearing on the Pats recent string of success. I hate to tell you but these aren't your dad's or granddad's Patriots. I, for one, have fond memories of the SB seasons and I watch the "3 Games to Glory" DVD's every once in a while.

The Pats are lucky to have a solid fan base that cares about their team. That's where the gripes and "whines" are coming from. The team is struggling right now and people are wondering why. We aren't getting any info out of BB, TB or anyone else in the organization and it can be maddening at times. All we can do is watch the games and speculate. That's the function of these boards...to vent a little frustration when the team is struggling and to share the joy when they win.

I'm fustrated by the Pats but I will continue to support them even if I gripe a little bit.

I have been one of NE's most ardent supporters this year, firmly entrenched in my position that NE would win the SB. With all the turnover, I was more than willing to excuse the offense's shaky play (at times) and play calling that rotated between simplistic and unnecessarily complex. Considering how well NE played early on in spite of these issues and the fact that NE under BB has historically played better November on, I was not swaying from my position on even after the Colt game.

That said, this Jet game really worries me. The Jets, who have a blah offense (decent WRs, decent but limited QB, below average OL, below average RBs and TEs) and a terrible defense, were able to expose all of the warts that have been on NE all season. They blitzed to stop the run and pressure the pass while playing up on the receivers and forcing them to make a play. They did what Indy didn't do (and didn't need to do) by just throwing swing and short passes to WRs and RBs to take advantage of the lack of speed at LB and the odd amount of cushion that NE's CBs were giving. And NE's problems with a consistent pass rush continued as well as special teams coverage.

I understand that tipping the cap and moving on is the right thing to do, but make no mistake, the Jets are not a good team. And they really didn't play all that good of a game. Yet they still won pretty easily.

What worries me most of all is the fact that NE just looks so uncomposed in the last two weeks. I know that a wierd type loss happens to ever team, even the Pats in their SB years, but rarely have they looked so discombobulated, even in their losses.

Does this mean I am giving up? Of course not. I still am not all that worried about the division, which means that I feel NE will win the East. I still feel that if NE plays a good game, they are capable of taking down anyone.

That said, I no longer can look at the rest of the schedule and feel 100% confident that there is one loss the rest of the way, tops.

rabthepat said:
I agree with you the sky is not falling. But I think you might have some rose color Patriot glasses on. All is not well in Foxboro.

I believe that the Pats are still one of the elite(and most feared) teams -
No way, elite teams don't lose 3 home games.

I believe Tom Brady is the best QB is the league - maybe, but he is not playing like it this year. America is about "What have you done for me lately"

I believe the BB is the best coach in the history of the game - perhaps, but not the last 2 weeks.

I believe our running game will pull us through - I agree, it has to.

I believe we have a great group of linebackers - no way, they are old, slow and tired.

I believe that our receivers are coming together and will be great - good yes, great no. Great receivers make the pro bowl. We have no pro bowl receivers.

I believe that we will make the playoffs - yes, schedule and division give a good shot.

and finally...I believe that we can win the Superbowl this year! - I hope so. Yet right now I think the Pats are 6th best team in the NFL.

Right, like the Pats have had Pro Bowl receivers during the dynasty. The lone one was Troy in 2001 - and that was for special teams.

Last edited:
oldskool138 said:
What's wrong with expecting good things from the team you follow? The people on these boards always bag on people who expect the Pats to win every week. They treat the 3 Superbowls as if that's all this franchise will ever get so we should enjoy them and shut up. Then they bring up how crappy the team was for 40 some-odd years as if that has any bearing on the Pats recent string of success. I hate to tell you but these aren't your dad's or granddad's Patriots. I, for one, have fond memories of the SB seasons and I watch the "3 Games to Glory" DVD's every once in a while.

The Pats are lucky to have a solid fan base that cares about their team. That's where the gripes and "whines" are coming from. The team is struggling right now and people are wondering why. We aren't getting any info out of BB, TB or anyone else in the organization and it can be maddening at times. All we can do is watch the games and speculate. That's the function of these boards...to vent a little frustration when the team is struggling and to share the joy when they win.

I'm fustrated by the Pats but I will continue to support them even if I gripe a little bit.

Good post. I agree 100%.

When you started this thread you must have overlooked the quite obvious fact that in Patsfans.com you had place where you could come and proclaim what you "believe" to be true about the Pats. You ought to give some room for others to say what they believe - who knows right now who will turn out to be right?

The only way Brady is not going to the HOF is if he plays the way he has the last two games for the rest of his career. I mean, I love Brady, he's my man, but he has had played poorly in the team's biggest three games (Denver, Denver, Indy) dating back to last year's playoff loss. Plus, he stunk at key moments this past Sunday against the Jets. Those are just facts and pointing them out or saying that you're concerned or confused by them doesn't necessarily make you a fair weather fan. Rather, it may make you an observant fan trying to figure out what is going on with a team and a QB that has conditioned you to expect the best they have to offer.

Last edited:
NEM said:
Nothing personal...but this IS a message board, a place where people get to discuss their favorite team, and players.

Not everyone thinks the same, and if they did, this wouild be a boring place.

I, for one, have always been very confident about this team, even considering it, perhaps, the best Pats team ever...albeit , at the present time it might not be quite living up to that prediction...

In any case, all people re-act differently, and in their way, and me too, we say what we believe to be the facts...and not all the time are they the same as yours, mine, or anyone elses.

Rather than criticizing them, and calling them fair weather fans, or bandwagon jumpers, or anything else, listen to what they have to say and if yu agree with it, or disagree with it, just say so in a debating fashion, attempting to prove yuor point and disprove theirs.

Ihad a very good friend who passed away two years ago, On duper Bowl Sunday.

He was as hard core a Red Sox fan as well as a Patrioits fan...but he always seemed to give up on the teams way to early in their respective seasons. This is just the way he was, and it didnt make him any less of a fan, or more of a fan, than those who may have looked at it the other way around, say , through rose colored glasses.

Sometimes real fans need to let off steam, and let it out, and gripe and complain about their team because they are frustrated, and they expected more from them.... and I, for one, see nothing wrong with it. It, to me, is the sign of a fan who really cares.

I have done it myself, angered by performances, but still being a hard core fan and wishing, and wanting the best.

Just because another fan shows his disapointment, or displeasure is not saying they dont care about the success of that team, and for you to call them fair weather fans, or bandwagoners, well, IMO, that is not right...it is very wrong.

We are all fans and we all come to this forum for a reason, to discuss our favorite team, the Pats.

Lord knows, even though I believe that I am right, ALL THE TIME, there might be one, or two, people who think otherwise, and I dont get down on them, Ijust try to make my point in a nice, friendly, and loving fashion. :D

After all, those TWO people who disagree with me, well in time they will join the throngs of millions that are now in the NEM corner. BTW, Have a nice evening. :D

Very classy post NEM, and I am glad I read it. I was just going to tell good ol thread starter that they could kiss my ass and if they dont like to read what everyone else has to say, then said poster can just go ahead and either shut the **** up or put up with it and be tolerable.
However, what you said was much classier and very well done. However, what is going on with people attacking another pats fans loyalty because they're pissed? I didnt know there was some classified way of telling how passionate someone is about their team. I for one, have been a pats fans since 1985 and even since then, I have always expected them to win every game they play, and that will never change.
So with that being said.....WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH TOM?????????

atlpatsfan said:
D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

atlpatsfan said:
Here is to all you fair weather fans. Way to bail out when the going gets tough. I am tired of reading about how the season is over or how the Pats just aren't that good of a team or the Pats have lost it. You people sicken me.

Blah blah blah...go p*ss in your hands rookie.

The Pats are a soft *old* team.

and BTW, the Jets played a *great* game last Sunday...kinda looked like the Pats used to back in the day. Everything changes...get used to it.

Tom Brady is indeed the best QB in the NFL. Blame for Indy was not all on him. I must admit the first two INT's were two HORRIBLE decisions and throws. The second two were both bobbled and tipped by recievers.

Now the running game is decent but not good. I havent seen anything on the ground that Maroney has been consistent with, it seems like 3.5 YPC and some occasional bursts. Corey is still playing well, and that 50 yard run was great. I understand he cant take as many carries but I'd like to see him get MORE than he has recently.

Recievers are doing pretty good.

Secondary and kick off coverage have sucked. No Harrison, no Wilson. I dont like it. I dont know if its just me but Hobbs has been dissapointing, despite playing with a cast. PLEASE, dont leave frigging Ghost back to try to make the saving tackle in the kick off coverage. All he can do is slow them down, but gawd tackle the damn returners.

I am still happy with this team. Tough losses but fact is we dont own Indy anymore...

Is it just me or are we playing a HELL of a lot better on the road than that home? Why is that?

atlpatsfan said:

For me

Bravo..I would not say it in that mode..but many of my sentiments..

And I'm tired of all the whining and complaining about the whining and complaining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes