PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Tebow vs. Jermaine Gresham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Receiving TE's are a primary staple of the Indy offense.

It sounds like teaching a player to block is easy. But the reality is blocking takes courage and usually guys that do not do it in college are the guys that lack courage. At the end of the day, courage can not be taught.

I've worked with several football players over the years and after only 5 or 6 weeks, 3 days/week, for a few hours/day, we significantly improved their blocking. Using correct technique/biomechanics is HUGE, once one understands how to properly use leverage there is a dramatic difference in what they can do,

The next issue is strength/coordination, since most people use poor mechanics to generate force they've never had any experience working the muscles the should be using, this is not difficult to address.

The final issue, as you mentioned, is important, we usually refer to this as fear reactivity, and there are ways to work through it but it does require mental/emotional toughness on the part of the player. Once they have some confidence in themselves, by dealing with the first 2 issues, they can generally handle the 3rd without a problem.

I've worked with several football players over the years and after only 5 or 6 weeks, 3 days/week, for a few hours/day, we significantly improved their blocking. Using correct technique/biomechanics is HUGE, once one understands how to properly use leverage there is a dramatic difference in what they can do,

The next issue is strength/coordination, since most people use poor mechanics to generate force they've never had any experience working the muscles the should be using, this is not difficult to address.

The final issue, as you mentioned, is important, we usually refer to this as fear reactivity, and there are ways to work through it but it does require mental/emotional toughness on the part of the player. Once they have some confidence in themselves, by dealing with the first 2 issues, they can generally handle the 3rd without a problem.

Do you work with an outfit like API?

Do you work with an outfit like API?

No, this has all been in my martial arts club, we've worked with football players, police officers, bouncers, etc.

No, this has all been in my martial arts club, we've worked with football players, police officers, bouncers, etc.

That is really cool! I studied Kempo when I was in high school. It really helped me when I was a strong safety. Unfortunately when I got to college, I was told to bulk up and moved to FB.

That is really cool! I studied Kempo when I was in high school. It really helped me when I was a strong safety. Unfortunately when I got to college, I was told to bulk up and moved to FB.

Wrestling/Martial arts and Football go hand in hand haha. I started Sambo before this season and it really helped. If you have a good double leg, it really helps with tackling and driving through the ball carrier. IMO every football should incorporate some sort of combat sport into there offseason workouts.

Not sure that means Tebow could be TE. Does he have good hands? Sounds like a silly question but not all athletes do.

Besides, he's pretty set on being a QB and he has little value there for a rookie...won't be ready for years, if ever. Can he read a defense? Not all can.

Gresham runs like a gazelle at 6'5" 260 pounds and has great hands...not saying we need him as we don't throw to TEs in our offense (which is a huge mistake, I think).

Pitta blocks better than you'd expect coming out of BYU, though I'd think he'd be wasted in NE right now.

Pitta coming to an Oil Drum near you: September 2010.

No he was always at qb. I believe he went to a private school called Neese (not sure on the spelling).

This topic isn't even worth debating. We forget how good Gresham is because he was out last year.

Nease is actually a public school. He only played football there...he was home schooled by his parents.

How'd you like to see that?

nfl_tebow_teams_576.jpg

Jacksonville and GB look horrible, NE has some potential;)

As someone once said on this great forums & I quote "Sign The Beast!"

He could be our QB of the future!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore