PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Tebow cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a homer to a certain degree, but there are certain players such as gary guyton, duane starks, and tebow that if signed today would put a serious dent in my faith for the team.

Also, I don't like the moves the Jets have been making such as cutting tebow, their draft, and not paying the most expensive cb. Dare I say there might be signs of actual intelligence over there. I guess rex trimmed some fat off his brain when he started to feel the pressure of possibly losing his job.

They shoulda cut the butt (fumble) not the Jesus nut...

pats were offered the mighty tebow for a 7th, supposedly. No interest.

I don't get why certain teams with absolute crap at QB don't take a chance on him. He got the Broncos as far as Manning did, further than all other Bronco QB's since 2005. I've always been a fan of him as a person, wish him all the best.

And a here we go again. No no no. Why do you think teams can't rid themselves soon enough of this guy?He's a horrible QB and a distraction. Where's the upside? He can't play QB or learn a playbook. And for those thinking of a position change, the Pats have 8 TEs and 3 FBs on the roster, they have no need to give him a spot to see if could play those positions, which he apparately isn't willing to do anyway.

Want nothing at all to do with that locker room cancer (even if he does it unwittingly, he is).

All self, self, self too if he wants to be a QB and nothing else, go to the Arena League or CFL if you want that, Timmy.

Belichick loves the kid. Had dinner with him before he was drafted. Just sayin'. ;)

BB "loved" Dewayne Robertson and Vernon Gholston before the draft too. I think the Tebow interest was to get someone else to overdraft or bring him in as a FA. Preferably someone a couple hundred miles south along the Atlantic seaboard. :D

You're talking about someone who has brought in Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, OchoCinco, Albert Haynesworth and, last year, a guy pending trial in Nebraska.

BB isn't afraid of distractions.

This isn't about fear. It is about how he, and the coaching staff, allocate their time and which players get to rent space in their brains for the next few months. The players you mentioned above were risks he took, knowing that the distraction they'd create for the coaches (i.e. less time on other players) was worth it.

The more players in camp, the more dilution takes place in coaching attention.

There's nothing about Tebow as an athlete that indicates he'd be better as a backup QB or on special teams, or in any other role, than the players the Pats already have on the roster. So he's not worth the distraction from the other things the coaches would spend their time on.

1) Sign the Beast!!!!!!!!

2) Can he rush the quarterback????

3) Is he as good as Adam Seward????

.....that's it, I'm done.

4) Can he run vertical routes to stretch out the defense?

Jesus i hope he signs somewhere else asap because i really don't want to hear about Tim Tebow for the next 4 months.

Call me crazy, or maybe I just have a soft spot for him, but I think that BB could find a way to use him. Not at QB, but somewhere. He is a big talented athlete who has a great work ethic and is a good guy from all accounts. I wouldn't be opposed to taking him on and seeing if he can make the team.

Nothing personal against Tebow. I was originally a hater but he's earned some respect for the way he handled himself in NY.

But he's probably heard "switch positions and you could really do well in this league" more times than I can count. If he hasn't already done that by now I suspect it's either because he can't or he won't.

Tebow is keeping an upbeat, optimistic line of thinking, hoping another team picks him up as a QB, even if it means he needs to compete for the starting job. I firmly believe that once he clears the waivers, becomes an FA, and finds out that on one is interested in his services as a QB, he will start bending with regards to what positions he’s willing to play. Tebow is a humble and good guy, but not a stupid one. I can’t see him going to play in the CFL just for the sake of playing QB. At the end of the day, if the right coach/team approaches him, and offers him a starting/primary position (TE, HB), he will consider.

As far as him coming to NE…. I’m on the fence. On one hand he may attract the media initially, but the media is only allowed so far as the club in question allows for. And we all know that if the Jets are the media whores of the league, the Pats are the other extreme. Also, if Tebow comes to New England, it is OBVIOUS he is not here to compete for the starting QB position, so there would be no circus in that regard. At most, he can be offered the 3rd string QB position ‘just in case’ something happens to the other 2 in front of him. Otherwise, if he is brought as solely a TE/HB, where he can solidity his position with the team as a de-facto non-QB, I don’t think there will be much media interest in him. His story will simply eventually die and the media will move on the next gimmick.

On the other hand, I can’t see him being a major contributor as a TE/HB anyway, so I don’t know if he is worth the risk of just the attention we’ll be getting (if only initially). I’m not saying he can’t be a *good* TE/HB, I just don’t know if he can be an EXCELLENT one. Between Gronk/Ahern/Ballard, and our RBs core of guys, I think we’re all set at these positions, so I can’t see Tebow brining in any MAJOR upside over what we already have. If he played corner or WR, I could see the logic behind bringing him in, but at TE/HB? – don’t see the need.

I think this is really the key here, and to Tebow in the NFL. If he's on a team with a fringy-starting QB, then fans can clamor for Tebow because it's not clear that Tebow wouldn't be better. But nobody - NOBODY - on planet earth, probably including Tebow and his mother, thinks he's better than Tom Brady. So there would be no clamoring for him at ALL here in NE to start over Brady.

A place like New England is where he could possibly find a fit as a backup QB (probably 3rd stringer) that can also do some other things to help the team.

Not saying they should sign him, but this is the kind of place where a Tebow could actually work out.

The was a small vocal (and delusional) contingent of Tebowmaniacs that made a stink when Denver signed Manning instead of sticking with Tebow. Rationality ain't their strongest suit.

pats were offered the mighty tebow for a 7th, supposedly. No interest.

That's because of his contract and because they realized no one would trade for him. He's a jack-of-all-trades, swiss army knife football player who has demonstrated the ability to find a way to win. I personally am not a big fan of his but I think he's great as a Goal line option. He always seems to get a few yards and if he has to throw the ball a few yards he can actually do that.

Playing devils advocate here...

BB loved him in the draft and McDaniels drafted him... its inevitable that he comes here. :p

That's because of his contract and because they realized no one would trade for him. He's a jack-of-all-trades, swiss army knife football player who has demonstrated the ability to find a way to win. I personally am not a big fan of his but I think he's great as a Goal line option. He always seems to get a few yards and if he has to throw the ball a few yards he can actually do that.

no hes not.

Hes a horrible QB, a below average runner, and from what i saw of him as a receiver doesn't have a clue what to do when a ball is coming his way.

People need to stop describing him as a "swiss army knife" he's a good athlete with currently a very poor skillset for the NFL. He refuses to put the time in to be anything but a QB and after this many years in the NFL he should know by now that him as a starting QB is just not going to happen

Call me crazy, or maybe I just have a soft spot for him, but I think that BB could find a way to use him. Not at QB, but somewhere. He is a big talented athlete who has a great work ethic and is a good guy from all accounts. I wouldn't be opposed to taking him on and seeing if he can make the team.
It would be a complete circus around here if the pats signed him, the team doesn't need the distraction.

Hopefully Josh doesn't convince BB to bring him here,
the circus is absolutely not worth it.

I firmly believe that once he clears the waivers, becomes an FA, and finds out that on one is interested in his services as a QB, he will start bending with regards to what positions he’s willing to play. Tebow is a humble and good guy, but not a stupid one. I can’t see him going to play in the CFL just for the sake of playing QB.

So your theory is that he was strategically fibbing in order to force the Jets to release him, thus letting him pick his own landing spot? Certainly possible.

At the end of the day, if the right coach/team approaches him, and offers him a starting/primary position (TE, HB), he will consider.

Offers him a starting position in a role he's never played or trained for?

Tebow wouldn't be a distraction at all, they might bring him in if he is willing to be a non QB. If he wanted to be a FB/HBack for example. I bet a call is made, but the kid seems to want to be a QB, so he won't be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST