PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ticket Score : Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So I purchased a buy-in on the Patriots during the season this year through ticketscore.com. I got a good price so I decided to go through with the deal. Every week you buy in on a team and if they make it to the superbowl, you get tickets. Its like gambling pretty much.

The past 10 days I thought I had for sure tickets to the super bowl. I just got an email this AM from Ticket Score saying they are shutting down and cannot give me the tickets. WTF!

This website has been on forbes, barstool, etc... and has been to the past 7 superbowls so I thought it was a reputable place. They are not.

Anyone else have the same issues? They re-funded me $$$ plus some $$$ and pretty much just said "good luck" getting tickets. Now I have to fend through brokers to get tickets. Plane and Hotel already booked up.

It's a great business model. Take money from fans of 32 teams. Keep from the 30 who didn't make it, apologize and refund the money to the people from the 2 teams who did.
Wonder what a good state AG could find to charge them with? Anybody on here know anybody in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Attorney General's office? Or does Mass have any kind of consumer protection agency that could step in to kick off an investigation?

Wonder what a good state AG could find to charge them with? Anybody on here know anybody in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Attorney General's office? Or does Mass have any kind of consumer protection agency that could step in to kick off an investigation?
The problem with that is it is very tough to recover monies from an entity which has gone out of business, as it appears this company has. Furthermore, the very model of their business sure sounds suspiciously like gambling. You can't really get consumer protection for an activity which is arguably illegal.

Impressed they lasted as long as they did. They were selling call options on SB tix and got burned.

I bet with all of the 19-0 talk before the season, a lot of fans bought in on the Pats. TS probably underpriced the option and quickly realized that they didn't have enough action on the other teams to cover ticket prices should the Pats make it. Even if they adjusted the price once the season began for late joiners, I'm sure the action was small in comparison to the preseason action.

TS probably strikes gold if Jax held on to win. I doubt action on Jax was strong and they had a boatload of Pats customers to fund the tix.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Thats because those same tickets are now worth thousands more than you would have bought them for. Lets say each ticket is now worth $5000.

I am guessing that you did not wager thousands for the tickets?

The same thing happened at the Seahawks super bowls. Fans from Boston paid for tickets in advance from a broker, booked flights and hotels, got to Phoenix only to discover that they had no tickets.

They paid around $3000 per ticket and a Seahawks fan would pay $9000 and up for the same ticket. The Brokers sold them for $9000 + then refunded the Pats fans $3000 plus sorry we mixed up the order money. I read in a Phoenix paper that the day of the game a Seattle woman paid $24, 000 EACH for 2 tickets for her and her son.

The NFL knew what happened and did not say or so a thing. Shortly after, the NFL took over Ticket Exchange where you could find deals on resale tickets because the sellers used to set their own prices. Not anymore, the NFL bleeds every nickel out of you.

It's a great business model. Take money from fans of 32 teams. Keep from the 30 who didn't make it, apologize and refund the money to the people from the 2 teams who did.
Sounds like a bookmaking racket to me.

Kind sir, you've fallen for what we in the biz call, fraud.

if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

The problem with that is it is very tough to recover monies from an entity which has gone out of business, as it appears this company has. Furthermore, the very model of their business sure sounds suspiciously like gambling. You can't really get consumer protection for an activity which is arguably illegal.

their terms of use state that they are at most liable for what site users paid. every time a user made a payment, most likely they had to check a box stating that they had read, understood, and agreed to their terms. so doubtful they have any recourse.

Terms of Use | Discount Sports Tickets, Cheap NFL Tickets, Cheap MLB Tickets, Cheap NHL Tickets

WITHOUT DEROGATING FROM THE ABOVE, IT IS SPECIFICALLY RECORDED THAT TICKETSCORE'S TOTAL AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY TOWARDS ANY SITE USER INCLUDING IN CONNECTION TO ANY FAILURE (FOR ANY REASON) TO SUPPLY SAID USER WITH TICKETS (UNDER ANY CONFIRMED TICKET ORDER AND/OR UNDER ANY CONFIRMED FUTURE) SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT SAID USER ACTUALLY PAID TICKETSCORE FOR SAID TICKETS OR FUTURES (AS THE CASE MAY BE).

Last edited:
What did PT Barnum say ?

Sounds like tickets might be seeing a high demand again this year? The Seattle Super Bowl was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST