PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Chiefs at Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs are awful.
Romeo is a dead man walking, and Pioli will need a miracle to survive firing.
Cassell will never be a starting NFL QB again.
So much for Patriots 2.0

Yup.

It is truly cringe-worthy to watch.

Naturally people are going to blame this performance on Cassel. He gets zero support from his OL or skill position players.

3 Turnovers, none of which are Cassel's fault, and he'll be the one getting ripped all week.

3 Turnovers, none of which are Cassel's fault, and he'll be the one getting ripped all week.

I'd call the fumble in the end zone his fault.
But I'd criticize him more for not getting any points on the board.
He just really hasn't been very good for a long time.

I'd call the fumble in the end zone his fault.

Not even close to his fault.

But I'd criticize him more for not getting any points on the board. He just really hasn't been very good for a long time.

He moved the team down. Bowe fumbled. He moved them down again, twice, and Daboll called run plays which failed. Then the kicker missed one of the two FG attempts. Now we've got players missing easy ones off their hands.

Blaming Cassel for not getting more points makes no sense at all.

you would think the chargers were playing the saints,lol

The Cheeves stink, but the Chumpers aren't worth writing home about. Crummy game. :bricks:

You don't expect your QB to hold onto the football? Pretty low standard.

He moved the team down. Bowe fumbled. He moved them down again, twice, and Daboll called run plays which failed. Then the kicker missed one of the two FG attempts. Now we've got players missing easy ones off their hands.

Blaming Cassel for not getting more points makes no sense at all.
19-29-181 is not good QB play.
It seems you are using a standard of you can't blame him if you can list some excuses while I am using a standard that I expect my QB to make plays, move the team, put points on the board and overcome mistakes.

you would think the chargers were playing the saints,lol

as an enemy fan, somewhat, I cannot emphasize to you enough how much disgust I have for what Goodell did to the Saints fanbase this season with this ill conceived Bountygate jihad...just look at what has happened here....this bloviating gasbag has accomplished only ONE thing so far....crapping all over the fans who he so disingenuously claims he does everything for...

Saints fans paid the price for this ridiculously formulated attack by Goodell...nobody else...the Saints owner still gets receipts, the players are still playing, the coaches contracts are still being paid...but the ones who PAY for all this ??...stabbed in the back by this rhinocerous-like slimy weasel.

Last edited:
You don't expect your QB to hold onto the football? Pretty low standard.

19-29-181 is not good QB play.
It seems you are using a standard of you can't blame him if you can list some excuses while I am using a standard that I expect my QB to make plays, move the team, put points on the board and overcome mistakes.

Chiefs first half drives:

First drive - 17 plays, ends in WR fumble after 10 yard pass to SD 23 yard line
Second drive - 9 plays, last 3 are pass complete on 1st down followed by 2 runs. FG kicked
Third drive - 1 play kneel down

Chiefs second half drives:

First drive - run for minus 1 yard, 10 yard pass by Cassel, run for no gain
Second drive, post fumrec - Inc on 1st down, 2 runs follow, missed FG
3rd drive - 9 plays starting at KC 7, Cassel brings Chiefs to SD 28, run for minus yards, false start penalty, Inc, completion for 13, FG made
4th drive - starts on KC 8, penalty for false start, 1 yard run, Cassel sacked when Stephenson completely blows his block and hangs Cassel out to dry
5th drive - starts on KC 20, moves to SD 48, then McCluster fails to catch easy pass, resulting in pick 6

Game's over at that point, and the last drive resulted in a garbage TD. Not one KC drive failed because of the QB in the entire game

Last edited:
as an enemy fan, somewhat, I cannot emphasize to you enough how much disgust I have for what Goodell did to the Saints fanbase this season with this ill conceived Bountygate jihad...just look at what has happened here....this bloviating gasbag has accomplished only ONE thing so far....crapping all over the fans who he so disingenuously claims he does everything for...

Saints fans paid the price for this ridiculously formulated attack by Goodell...nobody else...the Saints owner still gets receipts, the players are still playing, the coaches contracts are still being paid...but the ones who PAY for all this ??...stabbed in the back by this rhinocerous-like slimy weasel.

Goodell is a genial sociopath. Either that, or a cyborg programmed by the owners. Rogerbot. "I am Rogerbot. You are a fan. You want an 18-game regular season with many injuries and concussions. But, we are against concussions. I am Rogerbot. You want two teams in England. You want touch football with no kickoff returns. I am Rogerbot."

I just can't stand that forced smirk he displays all the time, like he's the friggin' president of the United States or something

he's basically lost the edge he used to have, and that was his mental toughness

he is just very stupid these days

Romo and Rivers......Gravediggers for a coach's soul:attention:

best line of the night, from a chiefs fan

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar
i hope they don't fire that old lesbian coaching the chargers. she seems nice.

Yeah, Brian Daboll, you've got the right to complain... your offenses in Cleveland Miami and now KC have been soooo potent.

Yet another of Bill's Division III-matriculated, yes-men assistants who, upon leaving the nest
in Foxborough, prove incapable of thinking - or delivering the goods - on his own.

Of course the fumble in the EZ was his fault (his & his lousy OL's).
He knew he was being chased; that's why he was running in the first place. At that point in time,
ball security becomes Job 1, and he failed, miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST