Welcome to PatsFans.com

Three Patriots makes Football Outsider's top 25 prospects

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,334 / 13 / -5

Here they are:

NFL - Ranking the NFL's top prospects - ESPN
  2. Simple Jack's Brother

Simple Jack's Brother Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

Appreciate the post since i don't have "insider content". Really interested to see if the pats can get back to effectively running with Ridley and Vereen in the fold now. Ridley really looked good in the opportunities he got, hitting the hole with authority and good burst.
  3. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Yes, I found Ridley's 'lack of speed' to be an interesting comment. He looked plenty fast using the eye test last year, but of course he probalby just looked fast in comparison to the other Pats backs (not much competition there).
  4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +619 / 11 / -6

Danny Woodhead had a 4.33 40.
  5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,795 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Game speed is different than combine speed. Ridley had plenty of burst. While I found the fumbling issues to be overblown on here, he does have to do a better job, regardless, of holding onto the ball. Looking forward to seeing what the Wol-Vereen (trademarking that nickname now in case he kills it when he gets more time) can do in our offense as well. As for Mallett, I think he's the quarterback of the future for us. He has good stature in the pocket. He's not mobile outside of it but is mobile within it (much like The Franchise) and has a cannon for an arm. He needs to work on his accuracy a bit, but the receivers that he'd be working with here are better than what he had at Arkansas. As for Cannon, I'd much rather see Waters manning the RG position as of right now and hope to not see the day when he plays RT. I'm not low on him at all, but he is susceptible to bull rushers, as the article has pointed out. That's why he's best suited to play guard. When Waters decides that he's going to join us, he'll be the much better option at that spot.
  6. randomk1

randomk1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

They trippin' on Ridley's speed man.
  7. Shockt327

Shockt327 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -2

Wait, huh?

I thought the best aspect of Ridley's game was his ability to beat the D to the sidline and then turn the corner. Takes speed to do that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.