PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three local idiots discuss Hernadez via Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh.. being a fan of tim the footballer is hard anymore. I really could do without the christian hoopla that surrounds him. At least these forums keep most of the over the top hate to a minimum.

LOL, Gotta agree.

Not sure what happened that all the rookie TT fans massed in one thread.

I like TT, think he gets a bum rap from the mass media, and 80% of fans because of the media over-playing his christian stuff, and think he can be a good EXTRA part of the overall team.

But, other than the reports about TT being his recruiting visit sponsor; I have read NO EVIDENCE that TT played any serious part in mentoring, corralling, motivating AH during their time at Florida.

Everything that has been written suggested that the Asst Coach (whose name I can't remember) who became his surrogate Dad was the one who kept him in check.

All the articles I read said they didn't have much to do with each other because of the age difference (4 years) and maturity level difference (15 years). They just had DIFFERENT INTERESTS (one: christianity, football, school // the other: football as a means to Drinking, women, drugs, & fame; and then also thuggery).

And as far as that and his ON-Field Leadership somehow being BETTER THAN TB (you have got to be kidding ).

As far as his OFF-Field Leadership ---
that same Christian Role-model thing he has going will work well WITH THOSE WHO ARENT PUT OFF BY IT. The vast majority of professional football players would in fact be put off by it (if he was over-the-top-proselytizing instead of just playing the role-model). And a guy like AH was not going to be adjusting his way-of-life just based "on one of the other 53 guys I see 4-hours a day 5-6 days a week lives a christian lifestyle." TT would have to be actively involved in being a 'BIG BROTHER' and sorry I don't see how TT would have time for that as a professional athlete & adult with his own life.
- maybe as a college athlete he might have the time if they lived in same dorm/vicinity - but I again dispute that it was ever that way in FL - I have read NOTHING to indicate that.

That's an easy one to explain.

This thread is a good opportunity for normal Tim fans to go on record as being emm...well, normal football fans (not saying that's good or bad) and gives me an opportunity to point out that people like American_Champion is a Tim fan outlier. The kind of Tim fan that Tim detractors often use to disparage all of us.

I'm busting American_Champion for being the pariah he/she/it is.

Aside from that, American_Champions points about Tim being a better role model than TB is exactly as other posters have pointed out...it's BS.

Brady and his family are exemplary.

I think it's interesting that the Tebow cult play up his "Christianity" and use that trait to look down their noses at other people... but the cult has nothing to say about other devout Christians in the NFL who also wear their faith on their sleeve, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick come to mind.

I suspect the color of their skin has a lot to do with it.

No...do NOT go back to lurking. Your opinion is welcome here as are all opinions of fans that truly want to discuss Patriots football. I am one of the Patriot fans that did not want Tebow here because of the tumult the Jets went through last season...but the more I thought it through the more I realized the Pats are NOT the Jets...in fact, no franchise or fanbase is quite like the Green Nyets. You will find many diverse opinions here and many times threads will get heated but is that NOT who we are??? If you have no passion for NFL football then I suggest you may be an oblivious android.

Wow, you guys are much different from TGG. They treated us like lepers. I think 99% of the Gators/Tebow fans just wanted to participate in football discussions, but they were hostile as hell from day one.

Funny thing is I actually LIKE the Pats and watch all their games because I enjoy watching the team. I can't stand Rex Ryan or the Jets and had a sad face every time I watch one of their games... unless they lose and it's all good then.

BTW, yes this article is ridiculous.

I think it's interesting that the Tebow cult play up his "Christianity" and use that trait to look down their noses at other people... but the cult has nothing to say about other devout Christians in the NFL who also wear their faith on their sleeve, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick come to mind.

See... thats not being fair. 1 guy brings that stuff up and the other 4-5 of us tebow fans participating in the discussion get lumped in with the crazies. This is where the "tebow cult" gets the bad rap, 1 out of 5 goes all holier than you and we all get treated like cultists for it.

See... thats not being fair. 1 guy brings that stuff up and the other 4-5 of us tebow fans participating in the discussion get lumped in with the crazies. This is where the "tebow cult" gets the bad rap, 1 out of 5 goes all holier than you and we all get treated like cultists for it.

It was just an observation. The cult likes to use his Christianity to look down their noses at others (which is not a very "Christian" attitude). And there are other very Christian players in the NFL today who wear their faith on their sleeve (like I said, Wilson and Kaep come to mind... and they are much better QBs too) but I think it's interesting you don't hear the cult give them the accolades they give Tebow.

And FWIW I do want Tebow to do well. He seems to be a good kid, and most importantly he's a New England Patriot, at least for now. If he does well all the better for my team.

Child please! The White guy (Tebow) is the only one I see being bashed for wearing his religion on his sleeves, how come the darker players don't get criticized like him?

Child please! The White guy (Tebow) is the only one I see being bashed for wearing his religion on his sleeves, how come the darker players don't get criticized like him?

TT brings a lot of attention on himself and subsequently with this attention, his sub par qualities as an professional quarterback are going to get a lot of negative scrutiny. I'd say 99.99% of Tebow criticism is based on his abilities and nothing else.

Like I said, I do think it's interesting that people who play the "Christian" card with Tebow don't worship some of the other Christian football players in the NFL. Reggie White was far more "outspoken" as a Christian than TT. Minister of Defense anyone? Yet he never got the same worship that TT gets from the cult. Like I said, I bet color of skin probably has a lot to do with it.

My only problem with Tebow was actually with the press. I forget the game, but the Broncos just pulled out another "miracle" win.

As they are leaving the field the sideline reporter asks an inane question. I don't even know where to look for specifics, but it went like this:

Stupid reporter: "Tim how did it feel to lead the winning drive?"

My first thought is to make fun of the reporter with something like "it makes me feel strangely morose, but in a happy way. And it makes me feel thirsty in an introspective kind of way."

He obviously had nothing prepared and went to his go to, "I'd like to thank my lord and savior ************."

Then stupid reporter waited, like the rookie was going to add, "when I saw the defensive set, I knew so and so and such and such." Instead her three seconds were up and she threw back to the booth after waiting for him to do HER job. And he ran off the field.

I got the impression his thoughts were all Christ all the time. Later, thinking it over, that sideline reporter was an idiot and he, frankly, was a rookie not ready for a sideline reporter accosting him. (Yes, he probably got that at Florida, but for months that was Orton's job and he did not have to think about it.)

New England is a parochial region populated by people of many faiths and denominations. The last thing anybody I know would criticize Tebow for is his faith...we are harsh critics of NFL play here, and as such, if you can't handle Tebow's game being taken apart and coldly analyzed, you probably won't have an initially positive experience here.

We Patriot fans have become accustomed to a level of coaching up players that works for the most part. When the Pats miss it is usually because that player won't put in the work or just plain doesn't fit. Hard workers with NFL experience find the Patriots a perfect place to hone their skills and in Tebow, I believe Bill thinks he is all of that and more. That's all that matters...I may not like it in every case but it WORKS here. Just look at the season records for the past 13 years.

TT brings a lot of attention on himself and subsequently with this attention, his sub par qualities as an professional quarterback are going to get a lot of negative scrutiny. I'd say 99.99% of Tebow criticism is based on his abilities and nothing else.

Like I said, I do think it's interesting that people who play the "Christian" card with Tebow don't worship some of the other Christian football players in the NFL. Reggie White was far more "outspoken" as a Christian than TT. Minister of Defense anyone? Yet he never got the same worship that TT gets from the cult. Like I said, I bet color of skin probably has a lot to do with it.

Reggie White was not a QB, QBs will always get a lot more credit. Tebow is arguably THE best college football player ever and led some incredibly intense and dramatic comebacks, he's also a helluva guy.

There's a reason people want to like him, I'm sure you see skin color because it seems that's what you want to see.

Exactly right Snake Eyes...SB and other liberals of his blood type WANT to see race.... They seek it out... Shouldn't someone tell them that Abe Lincoln took a Bullet to the Brain so we didn't have to see race anymore.. Aren't we all 1?...And he calls me a race baiter?.. Typical bleeding heart hypocrite... God Bless

Lol.

What is this Christian Tebow Cult are you talking about? Where is Tebow being worshiped? :rolleyes:

What I see are random people here and there who are into Tebow for religious reasons, but why does it bother you? Some girls watch Brady because they think he's good looking. Is that because of his race too?

BTW, who cares if certain white people like him just a little bit more because he is white? Is that against the law? Do black people not also do the same thing? Latinos? Asians?

I like NFL players who went to UF because I went to UF too. And so what?

I swear man, people get so wrapped up in this Tebow thing and think they have the right to question why someone is a fan of anyone.

Exactly right Snake Eyes...SB and other liberals of his blood type WANT to see race.... They seek it out... Shouldn't someone tell them that Abe Lincoln took a Bullet to the Brain so we didn't have to see race anymore.. Aren't we all 1?...And he calls me a race baiter?.. Typical bleeding heart hypocrite... God Bless
You are bat-shyt crazy. Please go away. You are an embarrassment to the guy you idolize, who I happen to think is probably an OK guy. But you're nuts, pure and simple, with the emphasis on simple.

If you people knew the things that I've done for the city of Boston, i'm sure you wouldn't talk to me with this blatant disrespect... Not only did I give $5,000 dollars of my own money to the Boston Marathon Victims... But I, along with others from my congregation founded a church donation rally for the victims, raising over 10k together... And as for my haters.... I just wish Abe Lincoln was here to hear these guys keep bringing up race into every topic... I think..... He'd be ashamed at what it as all become... God Bless

Reggie White was not a QB, QBs will always get a lot more credit. Tebow is arguably THE best college football player ever and led some incredibly intense and dramatic comebacks, he's also a helluva guy.

There's a reason people want to like him, I'm sure you see skin color because it seems that's what you want to see.

That's nice he used to be great in college. So was Ryan Leaf.

Like I said, it was just an observation about those who like to play the Christian card with Tebow.

Lol.

What is this Christian Tebow Cult are you talking about? Where is Tebow being worshiped? :rolleyes:

What I see are random people here and there who are into Tebow for religious reasons, but why does it bother you? Some girls watch Brady because they think he's good looking. Is that because of his race too?

BTW, who cares if certain white people like him just a little bit more because he is white? Is that against the law? Do black people not also do the same thing? Latinos? Asians?

I like NFL players who went to UF because I went to UF too. And so what?

I swear man, people get so wrapped up in this Tebow thing and think they have the right to question why someone is a fan of anyone.

Like I said... just an observation. I am not judging either way. I think it's interesting that other very christian players (including those who are much better players) do not get the following that Tebow gets. He is not the only Christian in the NFL.

If you people knew the things that I've done for the city of Boston, i'm sure you wouldn't talk to me with this blatant disrespect... Not only did I give $5,000 dollars of my own money to the Boston Marathon Victims... But I, along with others from my congregation founded a church donation rally for the victims, raising over 10k together... And as for my haters.... I just wish Abe Lincoln was here to hear these guys keep bringing up race into every topic... I think..... He'd be ashamed at what it as all become... God Bless
If ************ himself could see and hear what 's going on here, he would, indeed, be ashamed - of you. If you think for one second that you embody whatever Christianity stands for, you are out of your mind. And I'm out of here, you screwball.

Yaaaa, I think someone you're supposed to be glorifying in all you do (sound familiar?) had something to say about this kind of response. Some guy named Matthew recorded it. Chapter 6, Verses 1-3. You should check it out sometime. ;)

Matthew 6:1-3 ESV - Giving to the Needy -

40028714_384x288_generated.jpg

yeah...and the the cardinals got together and voted me pope!...yeah..and..uh ...they called me Pope Oriole because...uh.. because I got everyone together in one big nest and created world peace...yeah..that's the ticket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back