PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This team can't do anything in the play-offs...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'fans' that think the season is over came aboard in 2007 and compare that season to every other. This is football now! No holes barred, take your BP meds and hold onto your seat. It's a season of tenacity, a test of heart not just skill! Every game reminds me more and more of the 2001-2003. It's not pretty but they get it done. If they can make it to the bye with another win, well get some rest and reinforcements. And then were off to the races.:)

looking at the rest of the schedule

Dolphins
bills
steelers
ravens
panthers
texans
browns
Broncos

I see two more potential losses,

fins bills browns and steelers are all bottom tier teams, the ravens could end up being tough. I'd say at worst we are 11-5 this year and afc east champs.

The Phins and Bills are likely to be checked out by the time we face them, and the Texans seem to already be checked out, but I'm not counting any team with a decent defense out against us. We could easily lose to the Steelers, Browns or @Ravens.

Before we get into any playoff conversation, lets make sure we secure the division first.

I would have to agree at this point. But, we have the 2nd half of the season to round out into a real playoff contender. The question is whether we'll do it or not.

Between all the rookies, the injuries, Brady looking off due to injury, age, distrust in his receivers, not being on the same page, or a combo of all 4, every game feels rough and like it is going to slip away at any moment (2 of which have). It is skin-of-your-teeth sloppy ugliness (with a few awesome plays sprinkled in) that we are not accustomed to around here. The good news is we have somehow managed to win 6 games of this, and if we win the same number in the 2nd half of the season, we'll end up at 12-4, which is a miracle.

I'm glad the team never gives up and plays a full 60 minutes because that is the only consistent thing we have going for us right now.

Go Pats! I still think you'll right the ship (a weird thing to say about a 6-2 team) and take us far.

Right now I don't think they're playing well enough, but they could always improve. Hope they do.

League wide the only teams I think we have little chance at beating is SEA and SF. Both teams have run games that can trash us.

Other than that, we can theoretically match up with everyone else.

This is probably the most frustrating season ever for Pats haters. The Pats have no business being 6-2 from how horrible they've played. The win at ATL, against NO, MIA, and at BUF were all ultra-dramatic wins pulled out of their $#%%$s

We have probably the best kicker and cornerback in the NFL, but that's the only thing that's performing at an elite level. Everything else stinks right now.

Spoiled little ****s. That's what many Pats fans are.

Here we are, complaining about a 6-2 record, furious at how this team isn't demolishing everyone 45-3 and breaking a new record every 5 minutes. Every team has issues, the great ones overcome them and so far the Pats have.

This is probably the most frustrating season ever for Pats haters. The Pats have no business being 6-2 from how horrible they've played. The win at ATL, against NO, MIA, and at BUF were all ultra-dramatic wins pulled out of their $#%%$s

We have probably the best kicker and cornerback in the NFL, but that's the only thing that's performing at an elite level. Everything else stinks right now.

McCourty stinks? **** me!

When I say best, I mean its at least arguable:

Best FS
Best Kicker
Best TE
Best CB
Best Punter

Potential to be best if play improved:

QB
LT
LG

Not bad

If that is true, then you don't know how happy that makes me.

The rest of your post, well, you know what they say about opinions.

Seattle plays outdoors btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back