PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This might be worse than the Colts AFC finalist banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 - 3 Brady
0 - 6 Rex Super Bowls
1 chicken wing - 0 blue cheese left.

WTF does "13th man" even mean?

12th man may be a really stupid gimmick, but at least it kinda makes some internal sense.

The concept of the billboard may seem terribly cheesy, but the world sucks a little less for those who live in BUF. They are attempting to get the fanbase on board and make their football team relevant again.

The fans are excited, and they should be. They've waited for a glimmer of hope, and the front office was smart for immediately pursuing Rex Ryan when he was fired from the NYJ.

12th man may be a really stupid gimmick, but at least it kinda makes some internal sense.

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. That is a very odd concept.

13th man? Are they putting 12 on the field or something?

Buffalo's unseen 12th man...

feet.jpg

Maybe you get 12 in CFL rules... do I remember that right?... and they're just getting ready.

re: the "13th Man" thing. . . . apparently "12th Man" is a trademark of Texas A&M. If this is officially done by the Bills, then they can't use the phrase "12th Man" to refer to fans.

FWIW, Seattle has an agreement with A&M as well: after this year, they can no longer use the phrase "12th Man," but they can continue to use "12" to refer to them.

re: the "13th Man" thing. . . . apparently "12th Man" is a trademark of Texas A&M. If this is officially done by the Bills, then they can't use the phrase "12th Man" to refer to fans.

FWIW, Seattle has an agreement with A&M as well: after this year, they can no longer use the phrase "12th Man," but they can continue to use "12" to refer to them.

This is what fans of other teams care about.

This and power rankings.

When I was in Seattle recently the preponderance of #12 signs and jerseys are amazing.. thought I would have some fun... #12 is everywhere and #12 gear is sold in just about every shop.

I asked a teenager in the presence of his mother if he was honoring Tom Brady with his jersey?? His mother scurried him off.

Asked a few shop keepers in Pikes Market if they were honoring Tom Brady?? They could not swear, but gave me dirty looks.

Then I asked a man on the street if he was honoring Tom Brady wearing a #12 jersey?? He went off on Peter Carroll and really bugged, figured I had done my job so moved on with a big smile.

I guess if my team went 0-4 in Superbowls might think that team might be unlucky..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST