PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is why the Pats are not allowed to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
losing to good teams and beating bad teams, sounds like a recipe for losing in the playoffs (if you even make it there)

So what happened last season?

I think the issue is when the Patriots win the Offense generally overcomes the shortcomings of the Defense. However, that is flipped in a loss and the shortcomings on D generally always show themselves during a loss, something the Offense cannot overcome if they play poorly.

I happen to think the Patriots outsmarted themselves this weekend and refused to make the proper in game adjustments against the Steelers. The coaches were adamant Mike Wallace wouldn't beat the Patriots over the top so the Steelers took what was afforded to them. Amongst all that and a pitiful New England performance, they still had a chance to win on the last possession against a good team in a hostile environment.

As I've mentioned before, the Patriots are still in the elite category of teams but all are seriously flawed this year. The Packers appear to be the least flawed of the lot, but they've got a potential HOF QB pulling the strings playing career football.

Last edited:
Debbie Downers and Homers are equally annoying to me. I suspect most people fall somewhere in between like I do.

We as Patriots fans are def spoiled little brats. No other fanbase would act this way looking at 5-2. However, it's equally true that no other team has a once in a lifetime QB (maybe Rodgers) so it's understandable to expect superbowls every year and to feel the sand slipping through the hourglass every time they one and done it. When Brady retires... I don't wanna think about that right now.

Also, it irks me when people try to quash criticism. Every one of us who has supported this team since we were kids has a right to demand perfection. Unfair? Only if we weren't paying for the privilege of watching grown men play a game and by doing so enriching them beyond reasonable expectations. Not enough criticism for the amount of money they are making in my opinion. We are literally their bosses and they are answerable to us. Period.

This thread and the negative ones are healthy though. This is why message boards exist. To vent and to quibble over meaningless crap.

I draw the line at some of the mean-spirited ad hominem attacks I see around here though. Grow up. It's a just a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back