PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"...this is unacceptable playing." - Woody thinks it's Tebow Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks COMPLETELY acceptable from my point of view.

Agreed. I love it when a plan comes together.......

images

just read that holmes contract is guaranteed next year at 7.5 million, so they cant even dump his gimpy footed anti-team bottom.

That's hilarious. there roster is such a joke with over half of the salarycap dedicated to 2 horrible qbs, a CB with gimpy knees(2years going) and a crappy wide reciever.

The contracts that they handed out to Harris, Holmes, Cromdaddy, Sanchez, Pace, and Scott are all embarrassments. Mismanagement of both the cap and personnel has caused a snowball effect where they're not just overpaying players, but their giving them contracts such that there's no good way out of. Oddly enough not a single one of the "cap is crap" crowd has taken notice of the fact that the model franchise for such logic is imploding in spectacular fashioned, and was even before 2, count them, 2 injuries delivered the killing blow.

just read that holmes contract is guaranteed next year at 7.5 million, so they cant even dump his gimpy footed anti-team bottom.

That's hilarious. there roster is such a joke with over half of the salarycap dedicated to 2 horrible qbs, a CB with gimpy knees(2years going) and a crappy wide reciever.

Not even close on the QBs - the cap is $122 million and Sanchez counts $7.8 million and Tebow $2.5 million = $10.3 million - not bad, really, for what they have at QB. The Jets big mistake was extending Sanchez for four years, so there's more than $20 million guaranteed that is dead money if they move on.

More than $60 million of the Jets 2012 cap is tied up in eight players: Holmes, Revis, Cromartie, LB David Harris, LB Bart Scott, LB Calvin Pace, Mark Sanchez and OL Nick Mangold. Two of those guys are finished for the season.

It certainly seems like they have bit of a prolem with "unacceptable ownering."

Last edited:
Spalding Smails: I want a hamburger. No, a cheeseburger. I want a hotdog. I want a milkshake. I want potato chip...

Judge Smails: You'll get NOTHING, and like it!

Woody: "I want Brett Favre.... No Tim Tebow.... I want Peyton Manning. I want...."

Tannebaum: "You'll get Sanchez and like it!"

Last edited:
The contracts that they handed out to Harris, Holmes, Cromdaddy, Sanchez, Pace, and Scott are all embarrassments. Mismanagement of both the cap and personnel has caused a snowball effect where they're not just overpaying players, but their giving them contracts such that there's no good way out of. Oddly enough not a single one of the "cap is crap" crowd has taken notice of the fact that the model franchise for such logic is imploding in spectacular fashioned, and was even before 2, count them, 2 injuries delivered the killing blow.

Agree re contracts, BUT...
were we to lose our 2 best O & D players, Brady & Wilfork, we'd be toast too.

Last edited:

We'll see how the Jets do, but I think it's fair to say if they drop to 4-12 that they handled this adversity worse than the Pats would've handled your theoretical adversity. That doesn't even take into account that comparing Revis and Holmes to Brady and Wilfork is like comparing apples to an apple and a pile of dog vomit containing mostly regurgitated dog doo.

Clemens is no Montana but they never should have dumped him,he has been decent in a few games in his career and can throw a football better than Tebow

To be fair, we DID lose Brady for a season and still went 11-5..... :rolleyes:

While true, this is the big indictment on that top 5 pick named Mark Sanchez. Does anyone here really think that a decent backup like, say, Orton, couldn't do what Sanchez does?

To be fair, we DID lose Brady for a season and still went 11-5..... :rolleyes:

However that team included Bruschi,Moss and Harrison and some other veteran players who had been too good of a players to let one star player destroy the team's year.

This team is way different and younger....losing those guys would not result in an winning record for sure

Last edited:

You make a couple of great points.

1) The Patriots are so much better off with their best offensive player being the quarterback. For the Jets, Sanchez is is like their 6th or 7th best player on offense. If your best player is an aging WR, what have you really got?

2) The Patriots are also better off on defense if their top player is their nose tackle who sets the tone at the point of attack. When your best player is a cornerback, what does that really do for you? You just send your receiver on his side up the field and get him as far from the play as possible. The nose tackle is in a position to disrupt a play on every down.

3) I love Vince, but the Patriots have lots of depth at defensive line if he were to get hurt. It would not be terminal to the season if Kyle Love had to fill in for Vince and somebody like Deaderick or Brace stepped in for Love.

4) The only player on the Pats that is not replaceable is Brady, or so it would seem.

it would be pretty funny if the jets use a wildcat offense for 95% of the plays and occasionally run sanchez out there to throw an interception.

ROFL @ this comment :D

Hey, the NFL and the broadcasters could use it as a gimmick... rejoin our game after the break when the Jets will introduce Sanchez for his weekly pick-6. Which opposing player will he throw to this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back