PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THIS IS OUR YEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Excuse this long post/rant, but I couldn’t help myself, and had to spill over all the emotions and the over-processing my brain has had in the past week… :(

As we draw closer to the big game, I’m starting to feel more and more confident.

Although I’m agnostic by nature in my daily life, for some reason, I do feel as if there is some form of divine intervention and everything happens for a reason. You can call it God, football gods, spiritual forces, what have you... but I do feel there is something at play here that will be taking this team towards the ultimate goal. I’m a firm believer in the theory that everything happens for a reason, as well as in karma. What controls things and how exactly it’s done is a separate discussion...

Over the last several days, while this whole ‘****gate’ fiasco has been unfolding, I had some time to think as to why this has happened to OUR team, as well as question the timing of it all - right after the AFCCG and right before the almighty big Superbowl… At first, things appeared to be very bad. I will never forget how ecstatic I was, driving home back from Gillette after having witnessed my beloved team annihilate the Colts. As I was coming down I-95 towards CT, and while listening to the NFLN in my car, news broke that the league is looking into whether the Patriots had deflated their game balls. Needless to say, my initial reaction was a complete and utter shock and disgust. I thought to myself, “Oh no, not again, not now!!!” as well as “Why? Why did you guys have to resort to such low tactics?”. I was angry, I was upset, but most importantly, I was disappointed. My happiness of having just won the championship game was instantly gone and replaced by sadness and disappointment. :(

As the week drew on, the lack of any word from the league along with the press conferences from BB and TB, my opinion shifted by the day. Just like everyone here, I now realize there was no foul action at play, and even better, this might turn into some form of sting operation that originated from the Ravens and/or Colts. This in turn might just come back and bite these two teams in the ass, but that’s their problem. We hopefully, will be watching from the sidelines, licking our chops.

As mentioned above, I have been doing quite a lot of thinking… living in the middle of Jets/Giants land, I’m surrounded by a whole bunch of assholes at work who would like nothing more than to see Belichick’s ass fried and this organization put to shame. My beloved Patriots have been ridiculed on a daily basis for the past week. Everywhere I go, be it to work, listening to the media, watching TV, etc., I witness my team's reputation being dragged through the mud. Heck, even today at Costco, I was harassed by some random douchebag who bumped into my shoulder and whispered ‘deflategate’ into my ear before quickly disappearing around the corner and into another aisle. Luckily for him, I was with the wife and kids and the store was packed. I didn't want to start something that may end up with me being handcuffed in the back of a cruiser... :mad:

And so, after doing a lot of thinking, I truly believe this is our year. And I list here the reasons as I see them (feel free to add or comment if you think of anything elise). Some are obvious, some have already been discussed, but this deflategate ******** has brought this to whole new level with regards to where this team is going.

1. This is the best team we have had in roughly a decade, some will claim even best ever.

2. The team is healthy as can be. Unlike in past years, and especially this year, where we never seemed to shake the injury bug off, we seem to be good to go!

3. Defense! We have THE secondary! We have the best cornerback in the league, and our other cornerback is like a shark in bloody waters.

4. Healthy Gronk! Gronk is playing out of his mind and is probably as good as he’ll ever be. Jeremy Lane is a little piece of turn who is about to learn a thing or two about doubting Gronk.

5. The law of averages is on our side. Having lost the last two Superbowls, it is now possibly where the law reverses course.

6. The team is hungry, young, and super-motivated. You can make this statement about a lot of teams out there, but none of them are clearly good enough to being where we are at. More importantly - they did not have to go through what this team has gone through this past season (more on this point, coming up…)

7. The week 4 loss to KC and all the naysayers who jumped the bashing bandwagon, and were quick to doom this team, as well as calling Tom Brady a washed out, old quarterback. Bring on the bulletin board material, you bunch of *****es. :mad:

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST! :eek:

8. Deflategate! This is clearly the biggest of them all, and appears to have been set up by the Ravens and Colts should the Pats advance to the Superbowl. Anyone questioning the timing of this investigation and the whole fiasco as it transpired should stop and realize this is nothing but a coordinated witch hunt by the thankless piece of turd – Harbaugh, and his pal, Pagano. Both of whom I used to have a lot of respect for, but not anymore (to say the least). This saga has done nothing but achieve the complete opposite of what it was supposed to do. Sooner or later the league will have no choice but to acquit the Patriots. If we are lucky enough, we may even witness an investigation opened against the Colts for tempering with their own footballs (imagine the irony :cool:)

This fiasco is the latest and final boost this team needed (if it needed any after all the doubters bashed it all season long). Rest assures the team is now focused more than ever on one objective – WIN THE SUPERBOWL. The team is hungry, motivated, healthy, and most importantly, now also ROYALLY PISSED OFF!!! :mad: A week from today, our fellas will make sure this organization’s reputation is redeemed in the uttermost, baddest fashion. Good luck to them all, and…

GO PATS!
patriots.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk