PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This guy is available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all players that are released by NFL teams don't have the talent to make it in the NFL. Just like every player that isn't drafted doesn't have the talent to make it.

Chris Carter and Steve Largent come to mind as players that were released and had great careers.

I don't know anything about this guy from NLFE, but why belittle someone for saying that maybe the the team they root for should take a look.

This is a discussion board after all.

Not all players that are released by NFL teams don't have the talent to make it in the NFL. Just like every player that isn't drafted doesn't have the talent to make it.

Chris Carter and Steve Largent come to mind as players that were released and had great careers.

I don't know anything about this guy from NLFE, but why belittle someone for saying that maybe the the team they root for should take a look.

This is a discussion board after all.

Why not?

This is a discussion board after all. ;)

Yes, we understand this, but what's your point?

Again, there's a reason why the Patriots haven't. They make their decisions based on what data they have collected on the player, not what records he set in NFLE or what videos there are of him on YouTube. They're not going to go through all the work of a tryout and/or signing just for the hell of it.

I know what the Patriots make their decsions off of, Pats1. That doesn't change a damn thing. And my point was that he could be a potential player to look at for our questionable RB depth. Yes, that's right. The Pats have QUESTIONABLE RB depth. Especially with Faulk's injury history. And with Maroney getting hurt last year and having to have shoulder surgery this off-season. Now, I do also realize that they have Justise Hairston, Quinton Smith and Quadtrine Hill as other potentials, but they are also unproven. Just as Robinson is.

I know what the Patriots make their decsions off of, Pats1. That doesn't change a damn thing. And my point was that he could be a potential player to look at for our questionable RB depth. Yes, that's right. The Pats have QUESTIONABLE RB depth. Especially with Faulk's injury history. And with Maroney getting hurt last year and having to have shoulder surgery this off-season. Now, I do also realize that they have Justise Hairston, Quinton Smith and Quadtrine Hill as other potentials, but they are also unproven. Just as Robinson is.

I wouldn't dismiss anything out of hand. I made my remarks based on the kind of runner he is, his power, or lack of it and the competition.

You just don't run free in the NFL like that. Take Maroney. He had some trouble getting past the line.

If he got arm tackles or mack truck holes like that runner did, he would score a TD every play. No way he goes down in the open field after running free. This guy's a 1AA runner that might have had some success in 1A.

The NFL neutralizes these quick guys. You need some power IMO. Unless you're a receiving scatback like Fauk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back