Not open for further replies.

The_Dragon

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

October 4, 2007
Humble Pie
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
FOXBOROUGH -- As the media entered the Patriots locker room today at Gillette Stadium, many of the players were wearing the same T-shirt, with the same words on it.

The gray T-shirt had the words "I eat it" on the front. On the back were the words "humble pie."

The T-shirts were made by linebacker Adalius Thomas.

"It was just some fun, sort of a change-up," said Thomas, who was one player drawing a large media crowd today. "Be humble, or get humble. You have to humble yourself every day in life. It was just a fun idea to do it.

"Sometimes you do need some humble pie. You think you're better than what you really are, and so we get a nice dose of humble pie."

One player noted that a special sweatshirt was also produced for coach Bill Belichick, but the message was slightly different than what the players wore. The sweatshirt for Belichick had the words "I serve it" on the front, with the words "humble pie" on the back.

The players wore the T-shirts to their team meeting this morning.

Re: Think AD is settling in...?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

October 4, 2007
Humble Pie
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
FOXBOROUGH -- As the media entered the Patriots locker room today at Gillette Stadium, many of the players were wearing the same T-shirt, with the same words on it.

The gray T-shirt had the words "I eat it" on the front. On the back were the words "humble pie."

The T-shirts were made by linebacker Adalius Thomas.

"It was just some fun, sort of a change-up," said Thomas, who was one player drawing a large media crowd today. "Be humble, or get humble. You have to humble yourself every day in life. It was just a fun idea to do it.

"Sometimes you do need some humble pie. You think you're better than what you really are, and so we get a nice dose of humble pie."

One player noted that a special sweatshirt was also produced for coach Bill Belichick, but the message was slightly different than what the players wore. The sweatshirt for Belichick had the words "I serve it" on the front, with the words "humble pie" on the back.

The players wore the T-shirts to their team meeting this morning.
Leader, I smell a leader in AD.

I can actually see fans wearring these T-shirts too. Not because they're humble (I've never met a fan of any team in any sport that was), but simply because this is probably gonna become the team motto and whatnot. Similar to how "Cowboy up", was for the Sox a few years back.

Love it. AD is indeed fitting right in. Good stuff.

Love it. AD is indeed fitting right in. Good stuff.

He did the intros for the D on ESPN Monday night. It was easy to tell from that just how well he was fitting in - seems really at his ease.

I can actually see fans wearring these T-shirts too. Not because they're humble (I've never met a fan of any team in any sport that was), but simply because this is probably gonna become the team motto and whatnot.

Sorry, but no way am I going around town with the words "I eat it" across my chest!

Sorry, but no way am I going around town with the words "I eat it" across my chest!

I think you could get away with a 'I serve it' version...

I love AD. My kids love AD . My son has an AD shirt. We are a fans of AD family.

I had no idea he was into Classic Rock. He seems more of a classical guy to me.

We've got our McGinest back!

XD Doesn't have to be a front and back thing, could have both lines on one side, that way it'll make sense. With a Pats logo for good measure.

this took me 2 minutes, and is pretty crude, but hey, its free.

Just hope the Pats dont try to sue me :)

Actually, a t-shirt that just says, "Eat it!" pretty much sums up my attitude about this season and the NFL.

It seems to me that it is not just AD who is settling in so well, it seems like it is all of them. While new additions will always say the correct things to the media no matter what the team, these new Pats seem to me like they are 100% bought into the Pats innermost being.

We have the earlier interview with Moss that amazed us with what he was saying to the point we had to ask "Where is the REAL Randy Moss, and who is this guy who overdosed on koolaid?"

Now on the extra segments on Monday Night Football we see Wes Welker and Dante Stallworth cracking on Tom Brady as if they've been teammates for years.

Maybe it has been like this in previous years but I didn't see it. So often you hear what players are saying, but you just sense they are saying it because they have to for PC purposes, but they are really chasing the buck. These new Pats seem to love being here and want to be part of something special.

Last edited:

I had no idea he was into Classic Rock. He seems more of a classical guy to me.

tip of the cap to you

humble_pie.jpg

How bout this then:
Ieatpie2.jpg

Last edited:

I think AD brings the right attitude. This whole team is buying into it, and I think they really have the chance to do something special this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand