PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is a traiter among us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted it on the Bills Board and I have not other personas.

If you actually read the whole thing I am actually very defensive of BB. But Wilfork's hit was a cheap shot and I won't defend it. Actually I start the post with with Wilfork in the hopes that once the Bill's fans read that half, they might be willing to read what I have to say about BB with an open mind.

Nobody wants to read it, don't you understand?

Think way back to last week, before you were a Pats fan.

It interests you and Buffalo fans.

So being a fan disqualifies you from objective thought?

GodwearsaGrayHoodie is a poster here. I don't think the OP wrote that. I find it a little condesending that a Pats fan posts something and you rip into him and his supposed loyalty just becasue he has only 3 posts.

11-12-2007 He posted 13 times on Monday. He never posted here before that. Then he posts on a Bills board and someone links his post to here.

Some reason for the burst of posting enthusiasm this week?

You don't need to be

10102420A~Peter-Falk-Columbo-Posters.jpg

To figure this one out, I'm guessing:D

Actually I have been a Pats fan since the late 70s early 80s. Although as more and more of the post-2001 bandwagon have become so obnoxious that it gives all real fans a bad name.

And if nobody was interested why is there a thread about something on another board?

Actually I have been a Pats fan since the late 70s early 80s. Although as more and more of the post-2001 bandwagon have become so obnoxious that it gives all real fans a bad name.

And if nobody was interested why is there a thread about something on another board?

You caught me. Did they have a team before 2001?:confused:

Call me naive, if you want to, but I tend to believe you. I may not agree with all that you say, but I believe you.

Mr. nem, or whatever your name is. Are you a new fan like me?

Come on, we all know who you really are!
eminem%20lose%20yourself.jpg

emiNEM

:D :D :D

Shhhhh, don't tell.

Some people think I am eNEMa though.

Well it does appear that you get up some people's arses! :D

Late 70s to early 80s can be a ten year span, which is it?

You'd think a real fan woud get a clue from my user name, if not from my sig. I guess this long time fan is just not very observant.:)

By the way, when did Irving ever make a fair catch? You're not counting that shiv from wifey, are you?:D

Last edited:
Ray, speaking of the hall of fame, I believe it is a travesty that Gino Cappelletti is not in the pro football hall of fame.

I had an on line petition last year to get signatures to send to the NFL HOF Selection committee to get his name in the hall.

The man has earned his way in with the numbers he put up in the early 60s.

Of course I'm for it.Unlike my man Houston, he didn't make the all AFL team, though.:D

I never realized he was that good a receiver though, the memory fades and i remember Colclough as the go to guy, though their stats are similar.

One of the greatest defensive backs in Patriots history.

I had the opportunity to meet him on a personal basis when I invited him down to our little league opening day, and he came down and spoke to the kids. He was living in Stoughton at that time.

I met Jim Nance too, the same way when I was still living in Mattapan before moving to Stoughton. Nance lived there with his wife and two HUGE white poodle dogs. I went to his apartment and spent some time with him and later he came down to our little league field, too.

Those were some great years.

He really was my favorite, i took a while to think about it. He would never give an inch, even in the last minute with a big lead. I remember receivers just slapping at him out of frustration.:D

I can't nail the exact date, I started getting interest in football. But ever since I was a kid, I rooted for the Pats. I know I was Pats fan for several years before watching my team get clobbered by the Bears. But as for the exact year I got interested in football I would say no earlier than '75 no latter than '81.

You'd think a real fan woud get a clue from my user name, if not from my sig. I guess this long time fan is just not very observant.:)

By the way, when did Irving ever make a fair catch? You're not counting that shiv from wifey, are you?:D

No. The name comes from a drinking game in college that me and my roommates made up. Back when the patriots were one of the locks at a top five pick(based on their own performances):D my college roommates and I figured that we had to keep the Pats games interesting, so every time Fryar signaled a fair catch(which seemed like quite often), you had to do a shot of Wild Turkey and shotgun a Bud can. I know it sounds stupid, but I still look back fondly on what I can remember of game-days in college and "fair catch fryar"!

Last edited:
No. The name comes from a drinking game in college that me and my roommates made up. Back when the patriots were one of the locks at a top five pick(based on their own performances):D my college roommates and I figured that we had to keep the Pats games interesting, so every time Fryar signaled a fair catch(which seemed like quite often), you had to do a shot of Wild Turkey and shotgun a Bud can. I know it sounds stupid, but I still look back fondly on what I can remember of game-days in college and "fair catch fryar"!

I'm sure he called for a fair catch as often as anyone, but playing it safe and Irving Fryar don't seem to go together in my recollection.:D

I can't really remember how long ago that was, somewhere between 1961 and 1990.:confused:

You'll have to forgive me, I did a few substances back then.:p

Last edited:
I'm sure he called for a fair catch as often as anyone, but playing it safe and Irving Fryar don't seem to go together in my recollection.:D

I can't really remember how long ago that was, somewhere between 1961 and 1990.:confused:

You'll have to forgive me, I did a few substances back then.:p

It's funny ,cause it was right around the Fryar's last days in NE and he was waving for fair catches quite a bit, or at least it seemed, considering the bottles of Wild Turkey we were going through on Sundays.

Interesting that's your memory of Fryar.
Outside of the Pee-Wee Herman dance, the thing I remember most about Fryar isn't him fair catching punts, but instead, fielding the punt and immediately running 5 yards backward, trying to outrun the coverage to the other sideline. It rarely if ever worked.

Interesting that's your memory of Fryar.
Outside of the Pee-Wee Herman dance, the thing I remember most about Fryar isn't him fair catching punts, but instead, fielding the punt and immediately running 5 yards backward, trying to outrun the coverage to the other sideline. It rarely if ever worked.
I think after the 3rd or 4th shot we were calling everything a fair catch.:D Thinking about it now, what kind of freakish numbers would Brady put up with Morgan and Fryar lining up at the LOS. I find myself contemplating stuff like this all the time now when I see Brady slinging it to Moss. As much of an ***** that Fryar was when he was here in NE, the combination of him and Morgan was really quite tandem.

Last edited:
Fryar was a pretty good player. He had some decent stats for his career, albeit most of them AFTER he left the Pats. Was a pro bowler for five seasons.

Here's his numbers

Rushing | Receiving |​
+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| 1984 nwe | 14 | 2 -11 -5.5 0 | 11 164 14.9 1 |
| 1985 nwe | 16 | 7 27 3.9 1 | 39 670 17.2 7 |
| 1986 nwe | 14 | 4 80 20.0 0 | 43 737 17.1 6 |
| 1987 nwe | 12 | 9 52 5.8 0 | 31 467 15.1 5 |
| 1988 nwe | 15 | 6 12 2.0 0 | 33 490 14.8 5 |
| 1989 nwe | 11 | 2 15 7.5 0 | 29 537 18.5 3 |
| 1990 nwe | 16 | 2 -4 -2.0 0 | 54 856 15.9 4 |
| 1991 nwe | 16 | 2 11 5.5 0 | 68 1014 14.9 3 |
| 1992 nwe | 15 | 1 6 6.0 0 | 55 791 14.4 4 |
| 1993 mia | 16 | 3 -4 -1.3 0 | 64 1010 15.8 5 |
| 1994 mia | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 73 1270 17.4 7 |
| 1995 mia | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 62 910 14.7 8 |
| 1996 phi | 16 | 1 -4 -4.0 0 | 88 1195 13.6 11 |
| 1997 phi | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 86 1316 15.3 6 |
| 1998 phi | 16 | 3 46 15.3 0 | 48 556 11.6 2 |
| 1999 was | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 26 254 9.8 2 |
| 2000 was | 14 | 2 16 8.0 0 | 41 548 13.4 5​

The last personal recollection I have of Fryar was one day, outside the Stadium> I was outside with my youngest son waiting for the players to come out after a practice. Most of them came out, talked with us (I have loads of photos of it)

But Fryar would have no part of any of us. (It was right after the affair with the knife) He jumped in his car and drove off. I was, maybe five feet from his car as he drove by and got a good pic of him behind the wheel looking really pissed off.

I still have all of those pics in an album.
If you were within five feet of Fryar's car in those days and lived to tell about it, you were doing pretty good.

Didn't he leave a game at half time once and get into an accident? I can't recall the specifics.

Of course he made the biggest personal and career turnaround this side of George Foreman and is now a minister, according to Wiki.

He was so talented, he still had fine seasons with the Pats, but trouble with a capital "T"

Last edited:
If you were within five feet of Fryar's car in those days and lived to tell about it, you were doing pretty good.

Didn't he leave a game at half time once and get into an accident? I can't recall the specifics.

Of course he made the biggest personal and career turnaround this side of George Foreman and is now a minister, according to Wiki.

He was so talented, he still had fine seasons with the Pats, but trouble with a capital "T"

I remember that game. He did leave at halftime and got into an auto accident, hiting a tree. He also got into a barroom brawl in RI along with his buddy 'Heartless' Dykes, a WR with incredible physical stats but unable to remain uninjured. Glad we don't draft WRs like that anymore. Anyway, guns were pulled but not discharged.

What a turnaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back