PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Theismann down on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
46bcd3dbfccdd97c_tombrady7909.jpg

It may not be Foxboro, but there's some effort going on. :cool:

He and Wes look really fat and lazy in those pictures. Slackers.

Brady looked pretty effin' motivated in the 4th quarter against Buffalo, and that was week 1. In week 2 he lost Welker for two weeks. Edleman filled in...and then he broke his arm. And Taylor went down for several weeks over the course of which Brady cracked and reinjured ribs and broke his ring finger, Moss injured his back so badly he could barely walk, then at some point seperated his shoulder, Maroney developed the dropsies and then Welker went down for good. In between the transitioning defense lost it's ROY for 6 weeks and played in fits and starts. Aloof might be the wrong word. Introspective and overwhelmed...more likely.

I don't need to read the game logs. I need for the people making claims to back those claims up. The Patriots lost 6 games:

Jets
Broncos
Colts
Saints
Dolphins
Texans

Which games on that list did Brady actually lose for the Patriots?

Jets - Defense gave him multiple chances in the 4th quarter but Brady couldn't move the ball.
Broncos - Defense got the ball back for the offense late in the 4th but the drive stalled at midfield. Game went into overtime and the Pats lost.
Colts - 4th and 2
Saints - I didn't count the Saints because the Saints were going to score anyways. However, Brady threw some pretty terrible passes that game.
Dolphins - Zero points in the second half.
Texans - Threw ridiculous pass in the 4th quarter to help the Texans take the lead.

5 out of their 6 losses I blame on Brady.

Last edited:
Jets - Defense gave him multiple chances in the 4th quarter but Brady couldn't move the ball.
Broncos - Defense got the ball back for the offense late in the 4th but the drive stalled at midfield. Game went into overtime and the Pats lost.
Colts - 4th and 2
Saints - I didn't count the Saints because the Saints were going to score anyways. However, Brady threw some pretty terrible passes that game.
Texans - Threw ridiculous pass in the 4th quarter to help the Texans take the lead.

I agree with four of these. The Saints game should not be listed (for obvious reasons) and the 4th and 2 was not Brady's fault. The play was predicted by the colts and the defender stopped Faulk after the completion.

That said, your point is a good one, and know it all posters like Deus will never admit that, because they think they are right about everything all the time :rolleyes:

Last edited:

He had ONE receiver to throw to, who was being covered by Revis and a safety.

Funny you absolve the same defense that allowed the game-tying TD in the 4th. And I guess the strip-sack was all Brady's fault too

Colts - 4th and 2
It was a first down and Brady didn't cause Faulk to bobble it enough to give the refs valid excuse to mis-spot the ball.

NITPICK AND LIE, 352 yards in a place he always struggles. 7 points in the 2nd half.

Last game of the season and meaningless lol. Now this is just rock bottom pitiful.

The only game I left off was the Saints game in which the whole team played bad but the defense allowed 21 points in the 2nd quarter.

Not being able to WIN the game in the 4th is NOT the same as LOSING the game for the team. There's a lot more to a football game than the 4th quarter. To blame these losses on Brady for not winning them is beyond stupid. Beyond stupid.

and know it all posters like Deus will never admit that, because they think they are right about everything all the time :rolleyes:

You have a nice tendency to disrespect and insult any poster that disagrees with you. Deus, while I've disagreed with him heavily on certain issues, is a far better poster than you... troll

If you aren't a "know-it-all", then why are you so sure you are correct in this argument?

Last edited:
You have a nice tendency to disrespect and insult any poster that disagrees with you. Deus, while I've disagreed with him heavily on certain issues, is a far better poster than you... troll

If you aren't a "know-it-all", then why are you so sure you are correct in this argument?

As if I'd take a shill/homer like you seriously. Tell me, what didn't the Pats do right this year,emoney?

A bunch. When the offense was failing to convert 3rd downs in the fourth quarter and not getting at least into field goal range thereby putting their defense back on the field....or worse throwing picks after marching down the field in the second half.

The 2009 record is not a fair judge for TB performance and effort. During the continual idiotic "push rush" threads, I have continually stated that the 2009 Pats would have been 16-0 to 14-2 with 2002-2007 Brady.

What we should be judging 2009 is what should be realistic for a QB coming off of blowing out his knee. We should have never expected a "classic" TB year. 2010 will be the real year of evaluation.

I think we will see more from Brady this year now that he has played a season since the injury. I think it was still effecting his energy levels last year.

Colts - 4th and 2

Brady is not the offense. He's one player on the offense. Claiming that Brady lost the Broncos or Dolphins games is a joke, and Blaming Brady for 4th and 2? You've got to be kidding me.

Frankly, your post would have made more sense if you'd blamed Brady for New Orleans than any of those 3 games.

Last edited:
blaming him for the Houston loss?? LOL

Nothing but added motivation, keep em coming as far as I'm concerned

I find the comments of Theismann, Felger and others ridiculous, but, in a sense, it's a backhanded compliment to Brady that people start scratching around in their own subconscious to manufacture explanations (work ethic, children, motivation, etc) when Tom Brady doesn't get his team deep into the playoffs or put up lights out numbers. They just can't accept that he was coming off a major injury, got hurt some more and was playing on a team with a rebuilding D.

Last edited:
Being sidetracked with family issues? Do you know anything about Kevin Faulk's family? Or Ty Warren's family? No, of course not, all these guys have lives outside of football. Besides, would you rather he be a single bachelor going out to clubs and bars every night of the week? I guarantee you Brady has more time to spend on football now than he did when he was a single, eligible bachelor living in Boston. There's a consistency that having a family provides, and he's actually spoken about this very issue on WEEI.

If Mike Reiss, Perillo, and the other beat guys that I respect say Brady's demeanor and work ethic are stronger than ever, I'm going to take their word for it.

If you're going to quote me maybe you should actually read my post. In it I was posing hypothetical scenarios that possibly could affect ANYONE in their professional life. That's why I said "whatever the reason(s)" I was just going out on a limb and throwing a few guesses out there. In my eyes, Brady wasn't as sharp as he has been in the past. In fact, the whole team (minus a few players) didn't look as sharp as they have in the past but the original subject was about Brady.

This is what sucks about having so many outlets for these 'experts' former players that they hang around forever getting paid to offer unsubstantiated opinions.
Joe Theismann (pronounced Thees-man until someone told him he was a Heisman candidate at ND) has probably not been within 100 yards of Tom Brady this season and he comments on what Bradys attitude and demeanor and it starts a thread of people who now consider it fact.
There is no way that someone can be 'diagnosed' as aloof by anyone who isnt personally interacting with them.
It is just ridiculous.
Theismann is wrong by trying to make a buck by giving an opinion he has absolutely none of the knowledge necessary to make. For there to be this long of thread discussing that manufactured, unsupported opinion as if it were fact is scary.

what we saw this year is our brady
28 TDs 10-12 INTs

the difference this year was he didnt have the D to bail him out this year, we need to get better on D

Brady is not the offense. He's one player on the offense. Claiming that Brady lost the Broncos or Dolphins games is a joke, and Blaming Brady for 4th and 2? You've got to be kidding me.

Frankly, your post would have made more sense if you'd blamed Brady for New Orleans than any of those 3 games.
+1 Couldn't agree more.

what we saw this year is our brady
28 TDs 10-12 INTs

the difference this year was he didnt have the D to bail him out this year, we need to get better on D

No

Statistically it was decent. He had 2 WRs and not much of a run game

With a legitimate 3rd WR to take pressure of Moss and Welker his season would have been much more impressive. Not to mention it wasn't the "unearthly calm, cool and collected" Brady we're all used to seeing. He looked a little shaky for most of the season

The 2009 record is not a fair judge for TB performance and effort. During the continual idiotic "push rush" threads, I have continually stated that the 2009 Pats would have been 16-0 to 14-2 with 2002-2007 Brady.

What we should be judging 2009 is what should be realistic for a QB coming off of blowing out his knee. We should have never expected a "classic" TB year. 2010 will be the real year of evaluation.

Than you're no brighter than some of the other geniuses in this thread. It wasn't Brady or his knee, it was injuries to and the the lack of viable weapons on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News