PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Theismann down on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always tell when someone doesn't like a player, because before they beat on him, they say, "I love xxx as much as anyone, BUT..."

It's like saying, "I don't mean to pry, but..." before prying, or "I don't want to get personal, but..." before getting very personal.

Just leave off the subterfuge and say what you want.

Wow. I completely disagree with this post. I have all the Brady jerseys, bobbleheads, etc. Brady is my favorite player to ever step on a football field. However, I feel its completely acceptable to say, for instance, "I love Brady but, he used to be the hardest worker on the Patriots in the offseason program, now he is not the hardest worker."

Loving a player does not preclude you from sharing your opinion about that player, that others may interpret as negative.

Lets correct that to, the second-best statistical season ever.

Theres no way in hell that he was better this year than in 06. No way. I'd say that Brady was better than in 06 than in 07.

Please specify how he was better.

Lets correct that to, the second-best statistical season ever.

Theres no way in hell that he was better this year than in 06. No way. I'd say that Brady was better than in 06 than in 07.

Thank you, and well put.

However, I feel its completely acceptable to say, for instance, "I love Brady but, he used to be the hardest worker on the Patriots in the offseason program, now he is not the hardest worker."

You might want to check the facts though, for instance the award having to do with attendance at the facility not for being the "hardest worker". You might also want to check out what Brady was doing in February 2009 before you claim he is not "the hardest worker".

That's even before I get into the silly nitpicking of whether is the absolute hardest worker in uniform or not. Talk about a subjective and impossible to determine subject

Unless they say something positive, then they "get it" and are one of the best "talking heads" out there :rolleyes:

Okay, instead of making broad generalizations about the posters, how's about you tell us your opinion of Theismann's comments?

Wow. I completely disagree with this post. I have all the Brady jerseys, bobbleheads, etc. Brady is my favorite player to ever step on a football field. However, I feel its completely acceptable to say, for instance, "I love Brady but, he used to be the hardest worker on the Patriots in the offseason program, now he is not the hardest worker."

Loving a player does not preclude you from sharing your opinion about that player, that others may interpret as negative.

You never use the word "but" after making a "cushion statement". You cushion a critasism with an and.

Ex: "I Love Brady and he used to be the hardest worker on the Patriots in the offseason program; now he is not the hardest worker".

The other poster is right. You never follow up a cushion with the word BUT.

Last edited:
You might want to check the facts though, for instance the award having to do with attendance at the facility not for being the "hardest worker". You might also want to check out what Brady was doing in February 2009 before you claim he is not "the hardest worker".

That's even before I get into the silly nitpicking of whether is the absolute hardest worker in uniform or not. Talk about a subjective and impossible to determine subject

Are you serious?? Can't believe that you are nitpicking on an irrelevant Brady reference in an example made to illustrate a point that has nothing to do with Brady.

Are you serious?? Can't believe that you are nitpicking on an irrelevant Brady reference in an example made to illustrate a point that has nothing to do with Brady.

Umm... what?

Yesterday afternoon on 98.5 the Sports Hub, Joe Theismann said that he saw a different Tom Brady this year. Theismann described Brady as "aloof" , and claimed that Brady had a hard time getting excited and motivated to play football from week one this season.

Felger furthered the story on Sportstonight last night, with his usual negative spin. Felger stated that Brady's career was built from February through May in the offseason workout program in which Brady no longer participates with the same work ethic, that he had showed previously in his career.

I agree with some of what Joe is saying. I saw a different TB this year as well, but I don't think he was aloof, more like limited. Except for Welker, he never looked comfotable with the receivers and/or the routes.

Don't now where he goes from here but for the first time in his career, I've never seen him lose so many games for the Pats. In fact, there were games the defense actually gave him and the offense chances to win the game, only to lose it.

Don't now where he goes from here but for the first time in his career, I've never seen him lose so many games for the Pats. In fact, there were games the defense actually gave him and the offense chances to win the game, only to lose it.

Please list the games that Brady lost for the Patriots this season.

He was recovering from torn knee ligaments and then got injured multiple times on top of that -- and he still played 16 games.

He'll be back. Hopefully we can get him Branch back too.

Please list the games that Brady lost for the Patriots this season.

A bunch. When the offense was failing to convert 3rd downs in the fourth quarter and not getting at least into field goal range thereby putting their defense back on the field....or worse throwing picks after marching down the field in the second half.

A bunch. When the offense was failing to convert 3rd downs in the fourth quarter and not getting at least into field goal range thereby putting their defense back on the field....or worse throwing picks after marching down the field in the second half.

If there were a bunch of them, it should be easy to list them.

wow, i'm glad brady doesn't read any of this nonsense.

i hate when reporters try to convince me of something that common sense tells me is bs. i have to question anyone's iq that gives any credence to what felger says. just the sound and tone of his voice says bullcrap. man, the tinfoil hat brigade is out today.

Felger furthered the story on Sportstonight last night, with his usual negative spin. Felger stated that Brady's career was built from February through May in the offseason workout program in which Brady no longer participates with the same work ethic, that he had showed previously in his career.

Hmmmm, so Tom Brady didn't follow his normal vigorous offseason February to May workout routine last year.

Yet I seem to recall there might have been a reason for that.

I hope Felger use his journalistic skills to determine if there was anything different about last offseason compared to previous years and gets back to us about this.

Go here and read the game logs:

Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I don't need to read the game logs. I need for the people making claims to back those claims up. The Patriots lost 6 games:

Jets
Broncos
Colts
Saints
Dolphins
Texans

Which games on that list did Brady actually lose for the Patriots?

Last edited:
I agree with some of what Joe is saying. I saw a different TB this year as well, but I don't think he was aloof, more like limited. Except for Welker, he never looked comfotable with the receivers and/or the routes.

He looked plenty comfortable with Moss, for the most part, who was also banged up. And outside of that, our WR depth chart was a joke. Edelman was a find, but the arm injury to him was killer. Aiken is just not going to cut it at WR next year. We have to get much stronger at the position.

Again, to me, its pretty simple. The last time Brady had several legitimate offensive weapons, and with two of them being complete studs, he destroyed the record book. We have to use the draft in free agency to find a WR3, WR4, TE, and start to find a guy to learn from and eventually replace Faulk, who appeared to slow down a little bit this year (unless that was by design, to keep him healthy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back