PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Theismann down on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Felger is referring to the infamous "parking space". The hardest workers in the offseason program are awarded priority parking for the upcoming season. Brady always had the best parking spot during the 3 super bowl title years. However, Brady has not had that priority parking for the last few seasons.

While it is surely possible that Brady is making up those offseason work out hours somewhere else in the country, it is definitive, he simply does not work out in Foxboro, the way he had earlier in his career.

Well, that is a little misleading. Yes, he hasn't won the award, but that doesn't mean Brady isn't working hard in the offseason training programs. By all accounts I have heard, he is there as much as virtually everyone and he is still one of the first guys to the stadium every morning to work out during the season.

As I said in my last post, Brady as a seasoned veteran probably just doesn't need the offseason work he needed earlier in his career. In a few years, he will probably need more work because age will start to seep in and he will need to work out more to stay as conditioned, but he is now in his prime years.

What the hell? Did Felger follow Brady around from February to May everyday to see what Brady was doing to be able to comment on his work ethic?

Yeah, that's why he is so cut.

They don't hate their jobs - they hate the talented athletes whose existence predicates the existence of their jobs. These media guys are pathetic. What does Bill Belichick owe them? What does Tom Brady owe them? Nothing. The Felgers, Mazzs of the world, these little twerps get a paycheck because Brady and Moss and Faulk go out and bust their asses off all year.

They don't hate their jobs or the athletes, they just love ratings, newspaper sales, etc. The more controversy they generate the better their ratings are due to added exposure. It is a fact of life for all media.

I love TB as much as the next guy, but sometimes people speak the truth. Some of Brady's decisions this season were just not Brady-like, and I'm talking about later in the year. Locking in on receivers, throwing some absurdly horrible interceptions (vs. Miami, vs. Houston, vs. Baltimore), failing to develop chemistry with ONE other receiver besides Moss/Welker. Brady had a huge life change. First he took one of the worst losses in the history of sports (SB42), then he blew his knee out, then he got married, rehabbed, traveled, had his second kid, etc. I have no doubt that he can rediscover his passion for football. It's not that he doesn't care.. .he cares a lot, but from my naked eye, there was something aloof about him last season. His level of intensity and preparation were not typical of the past Brady.

There was a receiver on the Patriots other than Moss/Welker?

Theismann was not down on brady but said he used to look like "we are going to kick your az" look to trying hard. He said brady was trying too hard to make things work and letting things not come naturally.
Felger brought about the whole wife /kids angle and theismann said that is just stupid. He said he won SB and had some big season after he was 33 while have kids, 2 radio shows and running a business. felger moved away as he could not argue when joe said that.

Brady will be back...that is what joe said. felger is a funny guy he loves to be loud and make some noise. I am sure he make good $$$ acting the fool.

Thanks for the clarification... I wish I had tuned in as I love the dynamic when Felger can't talk his more knowledgeable guests into his ****amamie theories...

Well, that is a little misleading. Yes, he hasn't won the award, but that doesn't mean Brady isn't working hard in the offseason training programs. By all accounts I have heard, he is there as much as virtually everyone and he is still one of the first guys to the stadium every morning to work out during the season.

As I said in my last post, Brady as a seasoned veteran probably just doesn't need the offseason work he needed earlier in his career. In a few years, he will probably need more work because age will start to seep in and he will need to work out more to stay as conditioned, but he is now in his prime years.

When you go from being the hardest worker to not being the hardest worker, it's perfectly acceptable for people to both ask why that's happened and to wonder if it's having an impact. I don't pretend to know either answer, but if the answer to the first question is because he was being comparatively slack in his workouts, it would make the second question pretty damned important.

There was a receiver on the Patriots other than Moss/Welker?

Kevin Faulk
thcoffee.gif

Thanks for the clarification... I wish I had tuned in as I love the dynamic when Felger can't talk his more knowledgeable guests into his ****amamie theories...

Theismann's quote was "I thought that Tom Brady was not into this year the way I have seen him before. I felt he had to force himself to get excited about playing football. I saw a disconnect and an aloofness I had not seen in him before. Tom had to try really hard to try really hard. "

Assumed he was not around as much as he was rehabbing from his injuries, we will see this year what happens.. glad this did not descend into a blame Gisele thread..

When you go from being the hardest worker to not being the hardest worker, it's perfectly acceptable for people to both ask why that's happened and to wonder if it's having an impact. I don't pretend to know either answer, but if the answer to the first question is because he was being comparatively slack in his workouts, it would make the second question pretty damned important.
46bcd3dbfccdd97c_tombrady7909.jpg

It may not be Foxboro, but there's some effort going on. :cool:

Anyone who brings up Brady having a wife and kids as a reason he doesn't "care" anymore (which is false, itself) is just absurd.

Kurt Warner has 7 kids.

Brady doesn't care anymore? Did you not see how visibly aggravated he was during the Falcons game? Would a QB who doesn't care decide to completely chew out a respected veteran receiver? Did you not see him throw 5 TDs in a single quarter?

Pathetic. I hate how people bring up Brady's personal life as if it's so different from any other NFL player.

1) Money
2) Married to a model
3) Has children

WOW! Tom Brady is the only athlete with all of the above. It's obvious he wants to retire at age 35 and go into politics.

Last edited:
I love TB as much as the next guy, but
You can always tell when someone doesn't like a player, because before they beat on him, they say, "I love xxx as much as anyone, BUT..."

It's like saying, "I don't mean to pry, but..." before prying, or "I don't want to get personal, but..." before getting very personal.

Just leave off the subterfuge and say what you want.

Who said he's not the hardest worker? Not his HC or his teamates. They say he works as hard as ever if not harder. The parking spot is about attendance at the facility in the optional offseason. Some pretty special players here never won it once...including some who live within spitting distance of the stadium. Richard never sniffed it, even as a youngster...

Who said he's not the hardest worker? Not his HC or his teamates. They say he works as hard as ever if not harder. The parking spot is about attendance at the facility in the optional offseason. Some pretty special players here never won it once...including some who live within spitting distance of the stadium. Richard never sniffed it, even as a youngster...

:confused2:

Attendance is certainly a part of "working hard" in terms of winning the award.

Last edited:
Theismann was a poor color analyst during broadcasts, but he is still a pretty good interview. In small doses I actually enjoy hearing what he has to say.

:confused2:

That's a reference to the parking space "award". Perhaps you missed it, and the line of discussion from there, when reading the thread.

You said he went from "being the hardest worker" to "not being the hardest worker". Maybe you want to clarify or back up your statement?

Kinda hard to argue. For whatever reason(s) whether it be injuries, being side-tracked with family issues,etc. I don't think anyone is going to argue with the fact that Brady was not himself this year. If that IS true about the off season workouts, hopefully, it will light a fire under his ass.

For heaven's sake people, Brady had his SECOND-BEST SEASON EVER in his career.

For heaven's sake people, Brady had his SECOND-BEST SEASON EVER in his career.

Lets correct that to, the second-best statistical season ever.

Theres no way in hell that he was better this year than in 06. No way. I'd say that Brady was better than in 06 than in 07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back