PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The worst part on opening on MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two main factors here

#1 His main purpose is to take away double coverage on Lee Evans

#2 James Hardy was injured in his rookie season, and he may not be 100% until mid season.

Yeah, TO's made a career out of helping other guys look good and filling in for injured players. Yep. That's should work out real well. :rolleyes:

Yeah, TO's made a career out of helping other guys look good and filling in for injured players. Yep. That's should work out real well. :rolleyes:

Well, it's a one year deal so he may be heading your way in 2010 (lol)

Moss and Owens, that should be interesting :p

Last edited:
I don't understand this thread. I know about all the BS between Comcast and the NFL Network, but is this game going to be broadcast on ESPN or the NFL Network?

I HATE the NFL Network because I can't get it. When it first came out, I had it for a few weeks, and then they yanked it from my cable package...kind of like dangling a carrot in front of me. I hate the NFL Network because I can't watch the Thursday and Saturday games later in the season unless I go to a bar. Those games are ALL on the NFL Network. That's a hugely alienating move by the NFL to place those game outside of a lot of people's reach.

For these reasons, I don't feel guilty for accessing the games in certain ways without the NFL's expressed written consent.

The NFL didn't yank your NFLN, a cable company did.

Friends of mine were looking into switching to Fios last week because their combined bundled cable, internet and phone bill is over $150 a month (without NFLN). They thought it was great they could get essentially the same service bundle for $99 and it would include NFLN for free as part of the basic digital package on Fios. Problem is they are golfaholics and Verizon can't carry the Golf Channel because it's owned by...Comcast, who includes it in their basic digital package... Was a $50/mo dealbuster for them.

I can't get Fios in my new apartment, or even RCN let alone a dish. Comcast has me by the short hairs. But I will drop the sports tier and digital itself come May 1 if they don't get this settled. That will save me over $25 a month since I only have digital service because it was an additional base requirement to get the sports tier...

The NFL didn't yank your NFLN, a cable company did.

Friends of mine were looking into switching to Fios last week because their combined bundled cable, internet and phone bill is over $150 a month (without NFLN). They thought it was great they could get essentially the same service bundle for $99 and it would include NFLN for free as part of the basic digital package on Fios. Problem is they are golfaholics and Verizon can't carry the Golf Channel because it's owned by...Comcast, who includes it in their basic digital package... Was a $50/mo dealbuster for them.

I can't get Fios in my new apartment, or even RCN let alone a dish. Comcast has me by the short hairs. But I will drop the sports tier and digital itself come May 1 if they don't get this settled. That will save me over $25 a month since I only have digital service because it was an additional base requirement to get the sports tier...

Acoording to this, FIOS carries the Golf channel, in HD no less:

Verizon | It's Tee Time for FiOS TV Customers - Golf Channel Now Available in High Definition in Massachusetts

I just wish FIOS was available in my hometown, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

Does anybody here want to discuss the Monday Night game at all anymore, or what?

Is the game going to be on ESPN or the NFL Network? Does anybody know this yet?

Does anybody here want to discuss the Monday Night game at all anymore, or what?

Is the game going to be on ESPN or the NFL Network? Does anybody know this yet?

Have you checked ESPN or NFL networks website yet?

Have you checked ESPN or NFL networks website yet?

No.

Unfortunately, I'm staying at a friend's house that has a dial-up connection. Hunting for information can be a huge pain. I was looking for the easy answer.

This thread was about the Monday Night game, and turned almost immediately into a discussion about cable, dishes, and the NFL Network. I figured there might be a reason for that.

No.

Unfortunately, I'm staying at a friend's house that has a dial-up connection. Hunting for information can be a huge pain. I was looking for the easy answer.

This thread was about the Monday Night game, and turned almost immediately into a discussion about cable, dishes, and the NFL Network. I figured there might be a reason for that.

I suggest a new friend (lol)

I suggest a new friend (lol)

What are you doing later? LOL

I'm a Bills fan, too. And, ironically enough, I'm also living in Fort Myers, which is right down the road from you, as you know. My aunt actually lives in Port Charlotte. I'll be up there next week and from time to time. I stay there sometimes. Her friggin' dog is sure to bite me at least once every time...the irony of it all...Bills fans living in Southwest Florida talking on a Patriots board.

Where do you go to watch the games, or do you have Direct TV? Maybe I can watch the games at your house, drink your beer, eat your food, and surf your Internet anytime I want. What do you say, new buddy?

Just kidding around. What are the best places to go to watch games in Port Charlotte? I usually go to a bar called Ron Dao's to watch the games in Fort Myers. I've been doing that for the past 5 years, but things are kinda different this year. I'm bound to be in Port Charlotte for at least a few games. I might just watch some of them online this year, as there are ways to do that. Of course I'll need a better connection.

As far as having a dial-up connection goes, that sucks. It's been that way for the past few months. I always have a game of Spider Solitaire going on that I can play as I wait for pages to load.

Did people just start watching football on TV or something??

Monday night games are always on ESPN. the 7pm game (patriots) will be the Mike Torico, Jaws and Kornheiser. The 10:15pm game is usually Mike Green and MIke Golic.

NFL network doesn't start broadcasting until November.

Did people just start watching football on TV or something??

Monday night games are always on ESPN. the 7pm game (patriots) will be the Mike Torico, Jaws and Kornheiser. The 10:15pm game is usually Mike Green and MIke Golic.

NFL network doesn't start broadcasting until November.

Thanks.

I forget these things.

I don't get it, why do you have to watch it all day? I literally don't turn it on until kickoff with the exception of Super Bowls

I don't get it, why do you have to watch it all day? I literally don't turn it on until kickoff with the exception of Super Bowls

With my DVR, I don't usually turn it on until 1/2 an hour after kickoff.

For all the people complaining about comcast...just drop it and get FiOs. It's cheaper and better.

For all the people complaining about comcast...just drop it and get FiOs. It's cheaper and better.

If Verizon FIOS was in my area I would so jump. Sadly.... no Verizon FIOS. :mad:

What are you doing later? LOL

I'm a Bills fan, too. And, ironically enough, I'm also living in Fort Myers, which is right down the road from you, as you know. My aunt actually lives in Port Charlotte. I'll be up there next week and from time to time. I stay there sometimes. Her friggin' dog is sure to bite me at least once every time...the irony of it all...Bills fans living in Southwest Florida talking on a Patriots board.

Where do you go to watch the games, or do you have Direct TV? Maybe I can watch the games at your house, drink your beer, eat your food, and surf your Internet anytime I want. What do you say, new buddy?

Just kidding around. What are the best places to go to watch games in Port Charlotte? I usually go to a bar called Ron Dao's to watch the games in Fort Myers. I've been doing that for the past 5 years, but things are kinda different this year. I'm bound to be in Port Charlotte for at least a few games. I might just watch some of them online this year, as there are ways to do that. Of course I'll need a better connection.

As far as having a dial-up connection goes, that sucks. It's been that way for the past few months. I always have a game of Spider Solitaire going on that I can play as I wait for pages to load.

Buffalo and New England fans go to Boomers on 41 in the center of Port Charlotte, the game will be on nearly every big screen TV that night, inside and outside!
http://boomersportcharlotte.com/
http://boomersportcharlotte.com/photo.html

I will buy you the first beer...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case