PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The WORST fans on the web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
With the sad news recently casting a bit of a damper on the sprits, I thought we could lift the mood by having a good laugh at the Jests. :D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jay_mohr/12/21/mohr.sports/index.html

"I grew up on the East Coast and have heard -- probably from East Coast media outlets -- that New York fans are the most knowledgeable in sports. I have always agreed with that assessment until I recently visited a Web site devoted to and run by New York Jets fans. The site is called jetsinsider.com...."

"One poster seriously wrote that Al Davis purposely did not start Kerry Collins against the Jets to sabotage New York's chances at the number one pick. Not only is conspiracy garbage like this posted, but hundreds also RESPONDED to it."

T-ShirtDynasty said:
With the sad news recently casting a bit of a damper on the sprits, I thought we could lift the mood by having a good laugh at the Jests. :D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jay_mohr/12/21/mohr.sports/index.html

"I grew up on the East Coast and have heard -- probably from East Coast media outlets -- that New York fans are the most knowledgeable in sports. I have always agreed with that assessment until I recently visited a Web site devoted to and run by New York Jets fans. The site is called jetsinsider.com...."

"One poster seriously wrote that Al Davis purposely did not start Kerry Collins against the Jets to sabotage New York's chances at the number one pick. Not only is conspiracy garbage like this posted, but hundreds also RESPONDED to it."

Bunk. The majority of Jets fans at Jetsinsider are dedicated fans. Mohr is a classic media idiot, failing to use a control group to back his theory. The rants of the Jets fans are no different from any other NFL team's fans (including New England). Not to mention, message boards facilitate "venting". Waste of an article.

Oh well so much for having a good laugh, debunked in one post. ;)

Jay Mohr is a talentless douchebag. I remember right before SB 36 he was on the Best Damn Sports Show ragging on the Pats all week long leading up to the game. He said "it would be 65-0 by the end of the first quarter". Ive hated him ever since.

SoonerPatriot said:
Jay Mohr is a talentless douchebag. I remember right before SB 36 he was on the Best Damn Sports Show ragging on the Pats all week long leading up to the game. He said "it would be 65-0 by the end of the first quarter". Ive hated him ever since.

UGH, I remember that. Heck, I've hated the guy ever since he played his part a leeeetle too well in Jerry Maguire.

Shut up, Bob Sugar.

Man, that place has gone to the dumps. Didn't all of their good posters defect to somewhere awhile back?

He's a comedian. You folks know that right?

Yet you're holding him to some journalistic standard?

Funny guy (haven't read this particular article yet), seen him perform a couple times. His show "Action" was the funniest non-animated show I've ever seen. Unfortunately, it only ran about 6 episodes before advertisers pulled the plug.

Mohr is an idiot. I know people who have met / talked to him in sports bars and originally had a high opinion of him. Now they wished they never met him.

I think if this team had a 3-11 record we'd be pretty pissed on this messageboard as well.

dryheat44 said:
He's a comedian. You folks know that right?

Yet you're holding him to some journalistic standard?

Funny guy (haven't read this particular article yet), seen him perform a couple times. His show "Action" was the funniest non-animated show I've ever seen. Unfortunately, it only ran about 6 episodes before advertisers pulled the plug.

I was just thinking the same thing......See what Dennis Miller on MNF has caused?

HA! the worst fans are philly, then the next worst are oakland.

I visit Jest insider from time to time. It is a really funny site for me to look at.

I started when Ty was rumored to sign with them and I was looking for info on that. Here is how it went over there by the majority of posters.

August - biginning of september: We ( the Jets) will be SB champions for sure. The PAtriots suck and their dynasty is over. Make room for the new dyansty the J-E-S-T. Just send the Lombardi to us.

September through the Beginning of October: Pennington sucks! Why don't we ever get a good QB. He's the worst in the league- noodle arm.

After Pennington & Fiedler got hurt: Poor Chad and Jay. They were two good QB's that would have lead us to th SB. Why does this always happen to us. Herm Ewards sucks and is the worst coach in football.

Mid Novermber on: We must lose the rest of our games so we can get Reggie Bush. Everyone except Vilma Sucks. We have the most injuries of any team -ever. Why does this always happen to us. Herm and the front office must go.

That is pretty much what it's like over there.

PATSNUTme said:
I visit Jest insider from time to time. It is a really funny site for me to look at.

I started when Ty was rumored to sign with them and I was looking for info on that. Here is how it went over there by the majority of posters.

August - biginning of september: We ( the Jets) will be SB champions for sure. The PAtriots suck and their dynasty is over. Make room for the new dyansty the J-E-S-T. Just send the Lombardi to us.

September through the Beginning of October: Pennington sucks! Why don't we ever get a good QB. He's the worst in the league- noodle arm.

After Pennington & Fiedler got hurt: Poor Chad and Jay. They were two good QB's that would have lead us to th SB. Why does this always happen to us. Herm Ewards sucks and is the worst coach in football.

Mid Novermber on: We must lose the rest of our games so we can get Reggie Bush. Everyone except Vilma Sucks. We have the most injuries of any team -ever. Why does this always happen to us. Herm and the front office must go.

That is pretty much what it's like over there.
That is exactly the timeline it followed over there. Good call. (I lurk over there because the filthy talk excites me.)

I have to nominate Steelers fans... awful people.

Seymour93 said:
Man, that place has gone to the dumps. Didn't all of their good posters defect to somewhere awhile back?

Indeed it has. The other place is Jetnation.com or "cheapimitation.com" if you try to type it over at Jetsinsider. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back