PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Unforgiven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asante Samuel.

That piece of crap can catch all the other INTs except the one that seals immortality. I hope he breaks his hands this year.
He was also picking his nose when the Tyree catch went down. There should've been at least 3 players including (Rodney Harrison) jumping up for the football.

Ty Law - turns down a 6 year 36 million dollar guaranteed contract, calls it a slap in the face, calls BB a liar, and says "we all got to eat".

Asante Samuel - drops an interception in SB 42, is out of position on the Tyree play, lands a huge contract with the eagles (not that there is anything wrong with that) and then tells the media at this press conference that he wanted to sign with a team that has a chance to win Super Bowls.

Agreed on Samuel, letting the championship sealing INT pass through his wide open hands after holding out all camp.

I'll add Goodell to that list too. The penalty for spygate was completely over the top. Videotaping the signals did not give the team that significant an advantage, and the crime was no more egregious than Denver breaking cap rules or Indy pumping in fake crowd noise. The punishment should have been a 3rd rounder, 2nd tops. Goodell dropped the ball because he allowed himself to be suckered into the media circus created by ESPN, feeding a fire that it was his job to douse.

Agreed on Samuel, letting the championship sealing INT pass through his wide open hands after holding out all camp.

I'll add Goodell to that list too. The penalty for spygate was completely over the top. Videotaping the signals did not give the team that significant an advantage, and the crime was no more egregious than Denver breaking cap rules or Indy pumping in fake crowd noise. The punishment should have been a 3rd rounder, 2nd tops. Goodell dropped the ball because he allowed himself to be suckered into the media circus created by ESPN, feeding a fire that it was his job to douse.

Very well said. I will always wonder if his over the top ruling had to do with not just the media circus, but the fact that he was formerly employed by the Jets, the team that turned rat fink on the Patriots.

Perfect.

Goodell is nothing more than parasitical SCUM.

I wish him ill.

Going down through history...

1. The ref who called Sugar Bear Hamilton for the phantom roughing the passer call that took away our first Super Bowl win (because, YES, we would have KILLED the Vikings in the SB!)

2. Don Shula for crying like a baby over Mark Henderson and his Magical John Deere!

3a. Richard Seymour for always being about Richard Seymour.

3b. Asante Samuel for being a money-grubbing ho, even though in hindsight, he now looks like the multi-enth coming of Chad Eaton, Damien Woody, etc., AND for blowing our perfect season against the Giants.

4. Dan Marino for so many Sundays (and Monday nights) that I had to walk away from the OB and JRS in the loser's colors for the 35 years I lived in South Florida and rooted for the Pats!

5. Jets fans because they just are...

6. Roger Goodell

7. Eric Mangini

8. Adalius Thomas for trying to make the Pats locker room into a bloody mess

9. The Hitman, who even though I LOVED watching him play, paralyzed our boy Daryl Stingley on a cheap shot in a pre-season meaningless game

10a. Whiner Steeler fans, led by their Big Chief Whiner, Joey Porter.

10b. Raider fans crying after the Snow Game, led by their Big Chief Whiner, Chah-lee Woodson!

Last edited:
. .

I think for me at the top is Parcells. What he did before SB against GB has NO excuse. making calls and getting ready for the Jets off season before our SB while he was still our coach is beyond anything that I can accept. He knew what he was doing, did it, and continued to do it, and it was not like he was in the middle of a heated game where one might excuse it as over zealous play or officiating. I even remember he had this "i don't want to be here look" coming out of the tunnel for the intorductions for the SB. Sorry I can't really forgive him for that, and he was dead to me after that betrayal.

+1. Coaching is a cutthroat business and nobody ever said NFL that coaches are saints. However....Parcells' ego and bluster have always masked some glaring weaknesses. When fans see up close what he's really made of and realize that he doesn't walk on water, he just takes his act to another town and takes all the credit for everything his employees and coaches do behind the scenes.

Next would have to be Asante. Like Adalius, he never bought into the Patriot Way, nor had an appreciation for the history of the game. He was literally laughing after he missed what would have been the biggest INT in history. Hell, he may have even been in the tank for that game for all we know.

The Eagles-- the most vocal whiners about the Patriots "cheating" them out of a super bowl crown--were the perfect fit for this bozo. I would pay good money to hear what Rodney thinks about what happened in our secondary to make Eli Manning look like John Elway in SB42.

Ugh, Mercury Morris during the almost-undefeated season. The guy just wouldn't shut up. I've never seen such an irrevelent person get so much camera and radio time.

I just think it's hilarious how for so long Bill Belichick was subordinate to Bill Parcells... and then BB went out and won as many Super Bowls as BP has even been to.

In some ways it's a bad thing that people don't think of BB as a wiz like they do of BP, but then again it's a good thing. When teams are in the bottom of the barrel, Parcells is always the guy that comes to mind to turn things around. "We need a Bill Parcells type!" You don't hear that about Belichick, but for good reason - BB actually stays with teams for more than a few years at a time. Parcells would've given up on this Pats squad after the 2002 season.

Ugh, Mercury Morris during the almost-undefeated season. The guy just wouldn't shut up. I've never seen such an irrevelent person get so much camera and radio time.

That guy! I can't stand him! Good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore