PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

the shoulder tackle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
is it me, or do you just hate seeing our DBs do that stupid shoulder tackle they TRY to do.. I noticed at least 3-4 times this past week that players just flat out whiffed with it and I find it ineffective most of the time as the players just bounce off and keep going.. It seems like they all do it except the dlinemen.. I just wish one of the defensive coaches or BB would get on them about doing that.. use the arms you were given and wrap up!

I hate that as well, but it isn't isolated to the Pats - it is league wide.

That's always been my biggest beef with Tebucky. He is (was?) always looking to make the highlight shoulder hit instead of just wrapping the guy up and bringing him down. More often than not he was in position to make the stop, but it didn't always happen.

It sure seems to be a league-wide epidemic now. The players don't seems to be satisfied with just making the tackle, they all want to be featured on "Jacked-up".

i was impressed with the way artrell was wrapping up around the ankles against the lions. as long as we don't have a repeat of the james sanders whiffing on javon walker 70yd td we should be fine.

Db's, LB's even Seymour last week. This is league wide and has been going on for years.

You would think that after seeing ball carriers get hit this way and not go down, then break a much longer run, that coaches would crack down on it.

Wrap up for god's sake - it will give a teammate some time to come over and help finish it without a break away.

Db's, LB's even Seymour last week. This is league wide and has been going on for years.

You would think that after seeing ball carriers get hit this way and not go down, then break a much longer run, that coaches would crack down on it.

Wrap up for god's sake - it will give a teammate some time to come over and help finish it without a break away.

A sad side-note - Seau was hurt while attempting good ankle-wrap tackle technique. At least he went out doing it the way it was supposed to be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back