PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The really Official Patriots vs Giants Preseason Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baggs just insured a roster spot another 5 years...

I had the amusing thought that Brady actually just SNUCK onto the field to be the holder for the PAT.. hence the ensuing confusion ;)

That was a nice play action by Nassib, fooled the hell out of me.

Ebner is such a solid tackler.. his man always goes down.

Did Malcolm Butler get pulled?

Opening day CB2, calling it

Vagiants need a flag!! Vagiants need a flag!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

so they don't call real PI anymore...just the ticky tack stuff? makes sense

James Morris...too bad

how was that not a penalty on Ryan? That was... really egregious.

Meanwhile the NYG announcers are ranting about how it was a clear case of faceguarding. Someone should probably tell them that that faceguarding hasn't been a penalty for about 10 years now.

Morris down, Anderson should probably make sure to keep his phone on.

Beauharnais just got himself a roster spot with that tackle on Morris.

I'm a bit behind because I'm watching a recording, but whoever is playing DT next to RDE is absolutely destroying the Giants starting LG and C. Is it Worthy?

Obviously they're Jet announcers moonlighting for a few extra quarters and nickels

Morris walks off...good for him

For those of us without video, how bad does it look?

Nice stop Pats. I will say that Hillis still has some pretty solid burst out of his cuts. And John Conner still sucks. Better luck next year, sorry your career highlight is going to end up being a preseason on Hard Knocks.

The problem with Beauharnais, though, is that as good as he is in tackling and run-stuffing, everything I've seen of him in the preseason suggests he's terrible in coverage, l remember at least five or six instances in the Eagles game where he was absolutely torched.

Edit: Wanted to also add that if he does it make, I think it will be strictly for specialized situations like the goal-line defense we just witnessed.

Damn, that was a nice play by Ebner. Even with the terible angle he took earlier this is looking like a net positive day so far.

The problem with Beauharnais, though, is that as good as he is in tackling and run-stuffing, everything I've seen of him in the preseason suggests he's terrible in coverage, l remember at least five or six instances in the Eagles game where he was absolutely torched.

Everything you saw says he is terrible in coverage? Even the interception he returned for a TD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back