PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If thoese stupid txt messages didn't exist this wouldn't be an issue. But they do and like it or not they look bad.

Since the footballs measured at exactly the expected drop in PSI, according to the Wells, report, what do you think the 2 Patriots employees did?

And since the old texts were so relevant, what do they add to the fact that the balls were the exact PSI as expected?

And since this McNally guy ran away with the balls for the first and only time referees have ever seen it happen, what's the relevance of the previous texts when, apparently, only the refs brought the balls to the field? Never the ball guy?

answer these and I'll take you seriously.

Thanks to destroying the tapes and the kind words of Mr Influence who has found out who the real schmuck is.
And the destroying of tapes is also interpreted by non pats fans as doing the pats a favor

Every Patriots ball came in within the range Headsmart labs had it. The folks who proved asbestos is safe are no scientists.

Uh, the Wells guys at Exponent got the same numbers that Headsmart got. Same thing.

It strains my ability for reason for an NFL report to conclude there was NO WAY the NFL saw the Ray Rice video and everyone thinks that's absurd (it is) to then give overwhelming support to an NFL report that says maybe something happened and maybe Brady was generally aware that it did happen. Ok, yeah that's iron clad.

Dan WetzelVerified account‏@DanWetzel
Seems like Brady will allow his attorneys to respond to Wells Report, which is wise. NFL should expect a serious fight.

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen 1m1 minute ago
Rich Eisen retweeted Dan Wetzel
Plus-1. In meantime, he will take PR beating outside Patriots Nation.

Chris BrockmanVerified account‏@chrisbrockman
those out for blood will get it any way they can. be up front about your intentions. TB doesn't care what you think his legacy is.

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen 56s56 seconds ago
Rich Eisen retweeted Chris Brockman
He is on to Pittsburgh.

Uh, the Wells guys at Exponent got the same numbers that Headsmart got. Same thing.

Well, they got them.....but then said they couldn't be right because the results of the "Control group" were empirically different. Trouble was , there really wasn't a control group, since only a few Colts balls were tested, and they did not take into account what temperature the balls were stored at prior to going to the ref's area for testing.
The difference in any Pats balls compared to their predicted PSI amounts to a butterfly fart. It is infuriating to me that people are accepting the specious conclusions of the Wells report as gospel.

I do think that if Brady WAS in any way complicit to rule bending, that we will ultimately know. There is no way that the ball attendants will hold their tongues once TMZ and the like come around waving checkbooks, and Tom will have to preemptively come clean. I do not believe this to be the case though.

And the destroying of tapes is also interpreted by non pats fans as doing the pats a favor
Once again thanks to Goodell and Mr. K. It just shows you how stupid the media and public is. Everybody here knows that Goodell leaked to Glazer the most damning tape. The other tapes showed that other teams were doing the same thing especially the Jets

People who assume the texts are a smoking gun should stop and think.

The balls actually came in at the same PSI that the Wells science people predicted they would. In other words, you can't start from the idea that the balls were tampered with. If they were tampered with, it's a wonder they weren't below the level that the scientists predicted they'd be at due to temperature change alone.

So, there's only the texts to look at for incriminating evidence. And not the PSI. Because the PSI doesn't show any abnormality.

The texts say Brady was pissed at the two guys for allowing overinflated footballs. Then those two schmucks start yucking it up and cracking jokes (apparently one of them didn't get Uggs from Brady and wanted recompense.

Here's the thing though. What do you think the 2 Patriots employees did?

One is accused of leaving with the footballs and bringing them to the field. Video evidence shows him going to a bathroom for 90 seconds. The refs say that has never happened before. The first time ever a ball guy took the balls to the field instead of the refs, which is proper NFL protocol.

Since this McNally guy ran away with the balls for the first and only time referees have ever seen it happen, what's the relevance of the previous texts then? Never before had a guy been left alone with the balls. So how did they deflate them in the past?

After all, apparently, only the refs brought the balls to the field? Never the ball guy?

Personally I think the refs are lying. I think the ball guys probably do deflate the balls (especially when the refs are pumping them up to 16 PSI). Aaron Rodgers has said exactly this in the past. The refs screw up the balls. But apparently, there are enough occasions when the guys don't deflate the balls. Otherwise, the balls wouldn't be at 16 PSI a day after agame. Regardless, that's all innuendo.

No one gets caught redhanded doing it. Plenty of people admitted doing it. Rodgers for instance had the balls adjusted. Others like the Vikings were caught doing it on camera.

The question is, were the balls at the AFCCG tampered with? The PSIs show they were at a 1.2 drop average. The calculations in the Wells report show they should have been at a 1.22 drop.

Don Yee on CNN just came out and said that TB had no involvement. I think the gloves are coming off (and had a nice put down of Rachel Nichols regarding the signed gifts)

Well, they got them.....but then said they couldn't be right because the results of the "Control group" were empirically different. Trouble was , there really wasn't a control group, since only a few Colts balls were tested, and they did not take into account what temperature the balls were stored at prior to going to the ref's area for testing.
The difference in any Pats balls compared to their predicted PSI amounts to a butterfly fart. It is infuriating to me that people are accepting the specious conclusions of the Wells report as gospel.

I do think that if Brady WAS in any way complicit to rule bending, that we will ultimately know. There is no way that the ball attendants will hold their tongues once TMZ and the like come around waving checkbooks, and Tom will have to preemptively come clean. I do not believe this to be the case though.

If the Patriots balls agree with the calculations, then the so-called control group is a problem. Not the balls that reacted as expected.

Don Yee on CNN just came out and said that TB had no involvement. I think the gloves are coming off (and had a nice put down of Rachel Nichols regarding the signed gifts)

Any other things he said? What specifically was the put down? (Can't get to a TV).

I really really want someone to address how McNally could have deflated the balls before every game if he only went into the bathroom that one time. And if he has been going into the bathroom before every game for the past 10 years then why not just say so, that would be the most damning evidence of all.

And wouldn't that only be possible for the 8+ home games per year since the away teams version of McNally handles the footballs in other stadiums?

Quick question, is McNally and company still employed by the Pats?

Why are people also ignoring this

Using the Colts measurements as a control group and further refining the test parameters to maximize the chances that the Patriots ball measurements would match those from Game Day

So they used the Colts as the control group yet Walt Anderson said the Colts bolls were higher than the Pats when he measured them.

btw if you don't know what control group means

The group of test subjects left untreated or unexposed to some procedure and then compared with treated subjects in order to validate the results of the test.

Why the hell would you use the Colts measurements as the control group? Every measurement in the experiment should be the Patriots measurements.

F*CKING SHAM

I really really want someone to address how McNally could have deflated the balls before every game if he only went into the bathroom that one time. And if he has been going into the bathroom every game for the past 10 years then why not just say so, that would be the most damning evidence of all.

I also want to know how he does it on the road.

Oh wait he doesn't because he doesn't travel with the team.

Any other things he said? What specifically was the put down? (Can't get to a TV).
I only caught the end and that point blank denial was the only thing of substance I caught, but there was this:

NEPD_Loyko
Don Yee says on CNN that Brady spent a full day answering questions from 4 lawyers and his cell phone was probed thoroughly.
5/7/15, 7:43 PM

Nichols was probably asking the questions which they agreed on. To either confirm or deny. He may have put her down but her line of questioning helps builds the case instead of softball questions.

NEPD_Loyko
Don Yee says on CNN that Brady spent a full day answering questions from 4 lawyers and his cell phone was probed thoroughly.

Oh ya Brady going to be coming hard at the NFL depending on what they do.

I only caught the end and that point blank denial was the only thing of substance I caught, but there was this:

NEPD_Loyko

latest

"The War Has Begun"

He stated that Wells didn't understand how normal it is for players to sign items for the staff personnel but that someone like Rachel, who is around players all of the time, should know better.

Also said that reason to not submit texts was that it would set a bad precedent for future disciplinary cases since the league doesn't have subpoena power and that even if they did, it was a losing proposition for TB

Reason for the phone calls was to check up on the status of the equipment guy since he wasn't use to being in the national spotlight

Said TB had proclaimed lack of knowledge in his previous press conference and throughout day spent with the lawyers (implied that they were idiots, my interpretation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST