PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, d'ya think so? The guy comes off almost as shady as the NFL CHARITIES OFFICIAL WHO WAS STEALING KICKING BALLS DURING THE SAME GAME TO SELL ON HIS PERSONAL WEBSITE.

....you know, Scott Miller, whom the NFL knew had done the same thing many times over the past 6 years and they STILL ALLOWED HIM TO DO IT.

McNally is shady and should be gone, but compared to the league sanctioned officials, he's a choirboy.

And that just gets swept under the rug. Don't open the can of worms that the NFL doesn't know what goes on and basically doesn't care... that is of course until there is public outcry... then find a fall guy. Oh hey, it's the Patriots! We'll just bury this under a controversy, nobody will actually look at whats going on! Perfect slight of hand.

If i'm Brady or the Pats I have my lawyers send them a nice letter saying they were never "busted" for anything it is all hearsay and there is no indisputable proof anything was done.
My college buddy is a high-powered Boston lawyer (he tells girls at bars that plus I go to his office every now and then for lunch and its nice) and he said the report is..."purely speculative" and its a "standard proof" that is used by lawyers to "cultivate and service" a client to ensure that they "stay on the firms rolling billing list".

Sounds to me Wells was making sure he provides value to stay on the NFL payroll.

The difference is due to the ball deflating each time it is measured, ie when the needle is put in that is why #1 ref had all the Pats balls at a higher psi than ref #2, and all the Colts balls 'measured by #1 were lower than #2 measurements. #1 measured the Colts balls before ref #2.

Total cluster F, or FUBAR in military parlance.

If true than any ball 1st measured at 12.5 would be 12.1 if immediately measured there after and this would be the point where natural deflation would begin from. This means that expected PSI would in fact be lower than 11.27 and all balls would be withing anticipated range.

Given the league offices terrible track record for punishments that might not be until 2016.

Gooddell just handed the punishment decision to a guy that is in the Eagles hall of fame.

Here is a preview of what Vincent's verdict shall be...

ed-stark-beheaded_game__of__thrones.gif

Can Ian take down the deflate gate news on the ticker? Rather not hear idiots babble on about stuff they have no proof of. Its going to be there for weeks...

I think people are more angered that no one besides the Patriots fan base will ever truly appreciate the level of superiority and excellence the Pats have had in the past decade. It'll always be tarnished by others when other franchises like Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers etc will be always be glorified

And that IS too bad. I feel for Brady most of all.

Can Ian take down the deflate gate news on the ticker? Rather not hear idiots babble on about stuff they have no proof of. Its going to be there for weeks...

It's news. Let's not get all "trigger warning" sensitive, for crying out loud.

By the way for the Kraft-bashers amongst us...

No he's not disbanding the team or taking it to the new Kraft Football League. But he went about as far as he could. I'm actually loving the Kraft statement and hating the report.

Yes, group together everything you've got, fling some poo at Brady, hire the analysts who concluded that cigarettes don't hurt you, tie it up with a pretty bow, and you've got 99% of fans including 50% of Pats Fans saying "yeahhhhh smoke, fire, you know the deal."

But also keep in mind that this is the science-guys firm that said where there's smoke there's not cancer or emphysema :)

Sirrously... I can't tell you I "know" everything that happened. Reading this stuff is a continual invitation to speculate. I have a speculation-based theory and it's not a bunch of cupcakes and unicorns for TFB either. I am sure (I have been invited to speculate and am obliging) that TFB popped a gasket or two in his time screaming "GODDAMMIT THAT BALL FELT LIKE A WATERMELON." By the way I haven't gotten to the part where they explain the texts saying the refs inflated one to 16... 2.5 psi above regulation. This despite reliance on texts between these 2 low-level guys.

What I can tell you is that this report constitutes pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining. They don't know, and the difference is, they're pretending that they do. They're paying a consultant to bolster that claim. They're dealing with "probably" and "maybe" and throwing out 2/3 of the Colts' balls in the "physical evidence."

And oh yeah, how'd that second half go when the balls were "whatever the Colts said was good"?

This is going to make 2007 look like chickensh1t.

This whole thing still stinks like another Pats bashing campaign.

1. It does look like Mcnally (under Tom's guidance) tampered with the footballs to deflate them but it also looks like he did that to make sure they were at 12.5 or somewhere close to that and not 14psi. In one of the texts he mentions that the Refs screwed them because the pressure was at 16. So yes it looks like they tampered with it but I don't think it was to get them down to 10 psi just to get them at the minimum regulation.

2.Without crunching the numbers to hard it looks like the report indicates that the Pats footballs pressure readings were slightly below what they would expect during game time environment and therefor they have concluded that they were tampered with. If this correct it means that they would have done all of this to gain something like 0.5 psi difference in the balls. Yes weather effected them and yes ball rubbing raised the temps and yes gauge variations did happen but when you put all the numbers together the variations were out of a predicted range created by using simulated tests. I can accept that but it does bother me that they used the Colts footballs as the baseline for some of their test results.

3. The Colts did bring this to the attention of the NFL and the NFL did have the ex Jet monitor the investigation at the AFC championship game. They knew Brady like to have his footballs at 12.5.

- Did they check to see if this was common practice across the league? Or are the Pats going to take the wrap for everyone else again?

Yeah so, unfortunately Tom is going to hear about this for a long time. Mcnally probably will have a book out on it a few years from now. Pat fans will never really give a crap about it but the rest of the nation is going to post this in a blog every time someone in a Pats uniform farts.

Bottom line is Tom beat the Seahawks with regulation footballs, beat the Colts with regulation footballs, won three super bowls in the beginning of his career with regulation footballs.

Can't wait for the Colts game this year!! 65-0

We're on to SuperBowl 50.

If Brady is suspended, everyone should boycott the opening game. I know it would never happen, but it would be great if Gillette was empty on that opening night.

Reading the report, there's no doubt in my mind the NFL received the report it directed Wells to deliver. That is disappointing.

Yep. I feel like a complete idiot for arguing the investigation and report would be done fairly and that the Patriots would be cleared because of it. From now on I will only take the most cautious and judicious approach I can to any issue involving the NFL league office, which means both middle fingers raised high in the air right at them. F.ck the NFL, the league office is a f.ckng joke. Patriot fans should boycott all NFL gear of any kind for as long as Goodell and Kensil remain in power.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports is supporting the team as well.

I'm just glad this forum exists, especially since I no longer live in New England. I don't post too often but visit everyday. It's nice to read intelligent posts instead of people just saying "cheaters!". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3