PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another example of how this is a slanted report, from the Kraft statement:

In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.

Wells pulled this **** with Incognito/Martin, and he pulled this **** with deflategate.

i actually they will suspened tommy. they should boycott the 1st game if that happens.

So is Belichick in the clear of this whole thing?
pretty much.

We do not believe that the evidence establishes that any other Patriots personnel
participated in or had knowledge of the violation of the Playing Rules or the deliberate effort to
circumvent the rules described in this Report. In particular, we do not believe there was any
wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Patriots Head Coach Bill
Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated. We also do not believe there
was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots Head Equipment Manager Dave
Schoenfeld.

Straight up ****ing witch hunt, as expected. The NFL has seen its last dime from me.

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 15m15 minutes ago
Certain to be skipped in all this. The texts saying the balls from the officials come back OVER-INFLATED. Clown show

Bingo, that's what I took out of this most too. The refs (and by extension the NFL) don't give two ****s about the air pressure in the footballs. It's never been regulated before, and they used the technicality of the rules to screw the Patriots. **** this league.

Back at the beginning of this situation, I was a sourpuss (I usually am) and predicted suspensions
for Brady and Belichick , loss of draft picks, and a million dollar fine. There is no definite proof but
I predict a one game suspension for Brady, loss of our 2016 #1 draft pick, and the million
dollar fine.

You can't take a pick from a team because of the action of a player.

if the coaches and management were not involved, as the report says, you can't take a pick.

So the most logical explanation isn't that the initial measurements were wrong/misremembered/non existent and the weather brought down the PSI of each teams balls equally (13.5 to ~12-12.5, and 12.5 to ~11-11.5). It can't be that the text messages are about two guys joking about how strict Tom is with preparing the game balls, complaining that the refs pumped the balls up BEFORE the pre-game inspection. No, it's clearly them discussing letting out air after the inspections. Of course. Way more "probable", because i say so!

What I don't understand is that they only tested four Colts balls at halftime and THREE OF FOUR were under the minimum spec... They claim that this is irrelevant because the Pats balls lost more pressure than the Colts balls, but they are basing their starting pressure on the memory of Walt Anderson who said "The Pats balls started around 12.5 and the Colts around 13.0". One hundred percent of their mathematics is based upon assumptions.

NFL paid for the report it wanted. This huge bit of info will be pushed aside.

Also just look at the friggen measurements. On one ball Blakeman has 11.85 for the Pats and on the same ball Prioleau has 12.30.

That ball lost 0.45 of PSI by putting the needle in twice and taking it out once

No mention of possibility that the Colts and Patriots inflated their footballs in different environments, especially since the Colts had "expressed their concerns" prior to the game. Seems pretty crazy not to look into that...

I don't understand the science part of this. Maybe someone who more than just skimmed it can clarify. I don't see where they came up with the starting numbers of 12.5 PSI for the Pats and 13.0 PSI for the Colts. That would be the determining factor in what the drop in pressure was. It's like they just made up a starting number for each team and ran with that. Does anyone else have an idea on this?

During the pre-game inspection, Anderson determined that all but two of the
Patriots game balls delivered by McNally were properly inflated. Most of them
measured 12.5 psi. Two tested below 12.5 psi and Anderson directed another
game official to further inflate those two game balls, which Anderson then
adjusted to 12.5 psi using a pressure gauge. Most of the Colts game balls tested
by Anderson prior to the game measured 13.0 or 13.1 psi. Although one or two
footballs may have registered 12.8 or 12.9 psi, it was evident to Anderson that the
Colts‟ inflation target for the game balls was 13.0 psi. No air was added to or
3released from the Colts game balls pre-game because they were all within the
permissible range.

Page 163 two officials measured the balls at halftime, Clete Blackman and Dyrol Prioleau. Notice anything screwy? You will. When measuring the Patriots footballs Clete Blackman consistently came up with PSI readings .4 less than Dyrol Prioleau but when Clete Blackman measured the Colts balls they came in much higher than Dyrol Prioleau

Although I did notice this, I considered that one of them might have measured the opposing balls first, and every time you measure it, air escapes.

CEV1uAgWAAAoH6V.png:large

I'm disappointed Kraft is taking this lying down. Why not have Harvard, MIT, and Yale
check the effect of cold weather on air pressure in footballs.

guys, it's over. the whole bathroom incident is what everyone outside NE thought - mcnally went into the bathroom to deflate the footballs. this was a clear break in protocol as mcnally was not supposed to take the balls outside of the officials' lockerroom.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
No it isn't. Goodell warned the Pats after Spygate that he would come down on them really hard if they were caught cheating again. He might use Spygate saying the Pats already had their first offense and this time it is going to be even worse.
If that's the case, then this league, and this Vince McMahon wannabe commissioner, can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. I'll find better ways to spend my free time.

Back at the beginning of this situation, I was a sourpuss (I usually am) and predicted suspensions
for Brady and Belichick , loss of draft picks, and a million dollar fine. There is no definite proof but
I predict a one game suspension for Brady, loss of our 2016 #1 draft pick, and the million
dollar fine.

Brady suspension maybe, but they exonerated the coaches and ownership so I don't see them docking us a draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents