PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Plays that Killed Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was, exactly where this game was lost, because Mcdaniels could get ONE first down.

I guess a leopard never changes his spots - just downplays them for a while like putting lipstick on his pig.

McDaniels wasn't on the field NEM. He didn't screw up by being the 12th man in a huddle. He had Brady in the shotgun because it gives Tom and the Oline a better shot at diagnosing the D and defending a blitz - from under center he likely gets killed on that drive.

Tonight the D folded - as it often has in our championship games. And the O just wasn't quite good enough to compensate. Not bad mind you, since they put up 27 and should have had 34-37 if not for Caldwell's drops alone. Sure the bad calls and non calls didn't help, but I have to break the news to you that BB hasn't complained to the league in 6 years and he's not gonna start now. He knows these things balance out over time - basically they called his kind of game, let the players play for the most part. We just didn't make enough plays - on either side of the ball. There are logical albeit unfortunate reasons why that happened, and then there is your tired old

NEM said:
:blahblah: :blahblah:

The D foleded cause they were on the field too long.

The D foleded cause they were on the field too long.

that
and because our safeties were artrell hawkins and james sanders
and our linebackers are slow and old

The officiating didn't have anything to do with us losing tonight, having a defence that was sick and overused did. That being said, does anybody know anything about this, I picked it up at another forum I go to:

Lastly but not leastly, in the words of Mike Pereira, the NFL supervisor of officials, "There is no such thing as face-guarding in the National Football League. It is legal to face-guard a receiver. In order to have pass interference you must have contact. Any act without contact is not considered a foul." The Hobbs PI call was pure, unadultered bull****. Oh, and the ball was underthrown and uncatchable, just for comedy effect.

I'm just honestly curious.

Good points by all, and I don't think this is the worst, but it was the most avoidable: Klecko's TD reception.

Never should've happened. Awful defense on a play the Pats should've seen coming.

The playcalling in the 3rd qtr was awful we ran into 9 men in the box on first doen, PA pass anyone? They never a winded D a break.

AHHH what are you smoking and what game were you watching? The Pats had TWO drives in the 3rd quarter to open the second half and on the one drive they scored a TOUCHDOWN and the other which I guess you are pissed about because it was a 3 and out they ran the ball ONCE and it was a EIGHT YARD GAIN!!!! Jeeze the revisionist history and the salivating to blame Josh is rediculous! THE 3RD QUARTER IS WHERE THIS GAME WAS LOST. The D did not even slow the colts down and let them drive for 76,76 and 67 yard touchdowns! The first 76 yard drive was an almost 7 MINUTE DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! That was to OPEN THE HALF. How is that the O's fault.

So ALL THE RUNNING PLAYS AGAINS 9 IN THE BOX in the 3rd quarter is what lost the game? OH you mean in the drives that didn't result in a PATS TOUCHDOWN....that would be ONE RUN!!!!!! So Faulks 8 yard run into 9 men in the box lost the game for the Pats...wow you ought to write a book. Football 101 for those in an alternate universe.:rolleyes:

The play that killed us was the 3rd and 4 play with 3 minutes left.

1 - Troy ran the wrong route. You could see it both his and Brady's reaction after the play. It was likely an option route and he should have gone outside not inside.
2 - Sanders made a good break on the ball.
3 - Brady missed Heath Evans who was open on an angle route out of the backfield.

Leave the entire rest of the game as is and convert that play and the Pats are going to Miami.

It wasn't about coaching or officiating or anyhting else because if they make that play they win the game. And in the past, we ALWAYS make that play.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 3 lane highway Adai had to run through for thier last touchdown. Wilfork didn't show up on that play and was pile driven into the ground. If we hold and they kick a field goal, different ending entirley, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back