PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The plane from yesterday's game (look closer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C5 was from Westover AFB in Western Mass. from the Patriots Squadron !!

Got a tour of one at an airshow at Quonset Point RI a few years back. The crew gave me a Squadron decal which I proudly display on my van along with my Patriot decals .

16581420_BG1.jpg

Got a tour of one at an airshow at Quonset Point RI a few years back. The crew gave me a Squadron decal which I proudly display on my van along with my Patriot decals .

I remember seeing a C5 at the airshow with Pats logos on the tail (and maybe elsewhere, too). I seem to remember making "Big Vince" jokes regarding the monstrous size of the thing!

I remember seeing a C5 at the airshow with Pats logos on the tail (and maybe elsewhere, too). I seem to remember making "Big Vince" jokes regarding the monstrous size of the thing!

"BIG VINCE", we have bingo.

This was cool to watch - nice to see the added detailing

Didnt see any of that..I was just starring like a 10 yr old and his toy trains

As has already been stated it was from Westover in chicopee, named "patriot wing". As I understand it every plane there has a patriots logo on the tail.

16574182_BG2.JPG

Last edited:
i wonder how mr.kraft got the USAF to put "Go Pats" "MHK" and "Pats Logo" on there

must be that pocketbook

That C-5 came from Westover Airforce base in Massachusetts. I know that because MEPS is there and thats where you go in new england to enlist and ship out! I went to Westover Airforce Base to ship out!

They've that "Flying Elvis" on the a/c tail since shortly after the Patriots adopted it. I remember seeing it in the late 90's when they brought a C-5 up to NAS Brunswick, Maine, for an airshow.

Back in the 70's, while working at Northop, I was the production controller responsible for mfg of the C5's guidance/navigational system which used a K7G gas bearing gyroscope. Nice to finally get to see in person where those gyros were being used. New technology has since replaced them with the advent of GPS.

BTW..Those C5's are HUGE !! :eek:

This exact bomber was at the airshow in Las Vegas this past November that I went to. It is unbelievably massive. We could walk through the cargo bay which is big enough for a two lane road.

Attachments

• Pats bomber.jpg
    Pats bomber.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 342
  • Pats bomber 2.jpg
    Pats bomber 2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Pats bomber 3.jpg
    Pats bomber 3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Those C-5's are enormous planes. Saw one in person once. They hold 5 tanks or 6 helicopters!

And even more amazing both Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan and fit in one at the same time. An ordinary 747 can only carry one of them.

16581420_BG1.jpg
I use live about 5miles from Westover, when they practice there touch and goes they sometimes fly over very low...they blot out the Sun just like the B52's use to .

Last edited:
I was at Lackland AFB (TX) in Dec. for my son's BMT graduation. The C5's were constantly flying around, doing touch and go's. Once in a while PJ's would jump from them. As soon as I saw that huge beastie Sunday I knew it was a C5, lol. very cool.

It's not Mr Kraft, it's the freaking government and the NFL. I really wish we could put a stop with that along with all the Army commercials. I'm tired of seeing the government force the army and the monstrosity that it has become onto football. Reminds me of Nazi propaganda. I don't wanna see it anymore. I'm sick of it.

That's what air shows are for. Use commercial jets and private airplanes if you want to create a show. Use new NASA technology that actually inspires people. I do not want the Patriots associated with war. Not these wars anyway. This name actually means something, and modern government and politics is not at all what the true Patriots were about.

Disgusting. People don't understand what they are doing with these images they are displaying left and right, but it is pure propaganda. Brainwashing. That's all. Love football = Love the USA army.

Let the army by judged and celebrated by and for its own accomplishments. Sorry if I offend anyone in the army, it's nothing against the guys risking their lives. I just don't believe in the motives they are selling anymore. It stopped being about the people, democracy and freedom a long time ago and I don't want them attempting to push it down their throats on kids and young adults on Super Bowl Sunday. It's bad enough they're recruiting them before kids can think for themselves right out of high school.

Last edited:
Seems like a bit of an over reaction to me. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Our armed services are frequently represented major sporting events. What's next, no singing of the National Anthem?

Seems like a bit of an over reaction to me. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Our armed services are frequently represented major sporting events. What's next, no singing of the National Anthem?

That's fine. Of course they can sing the National Anthem but I'd prefer it if it wasn't done with a bunch of soldiers around. I grew up in a communist country and I understand the psychology behind what they are doing all too well.

Last edited:
that along with all the Army commercials. .

So....

commericals promoting the consumtion of beer -- okay for football games.

Commericals promoting cars going snow boarding -- okay for football games

commericals promoting people joining the military -- not okay for football games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back