PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The plane from yesterday's game (look closer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the USAF by the way.

Cool flyover - would love to see them fly over Indy before kickoff.

That's fine. Of course they can sing the National Anthem but I'd prefer it if it wasn't done with a bunch of soldiers around. I grew up in a communist country and I understand the psychology behind what they are doing all too well.

I did too, but then I left MA for NH

The plane was a welcome relief from the noise that preceeded it.

I for one would have much preferred having a military band playing the anthem over that saggy, raspy-voiced, butt-ugly, dressed like a hooker has-been named Steven Tyler.

Couldn't they do better than that?

I liked him back in the day, as in 30 years ago, but dude... it's time to stop performing

Last edited:
Wow, do the Krafts really have that kind of clout? That's incredible.

Also, that plane is a thing of beauty. I have always been fascinated by the toys that our military, especially the air force, has to play with. That thing is absolutely beautiful.

This is a cool looking plane too:

300px-Lockheed_Martin_F-22A_Raptor_JSOH.jpg

And this is the plane my dad flew:

F8carrierl.jpg

It was the USAF by the way.

Cool flyover - would love to see them fly over Indy before kickoff.

the dome kinda spoils that

I did too, but then I left MA for NH

New Hampshire? All I know is I got to Europe and turn on the news they still show HAPPY people, celebrations..life!

That's why I just stick to sports now. And every time I see the "its not science fiction" commercial on ESPN I wanna throw up. Considering it's all fake in the first place and that's exactly what it is.

But what does a 17 year old in high school know? He thinks it's so cool!

That's fine. Of course they can sing the National Anthem but I'd prefer it if it wasn't done with a bunch of soldiers around. I grew up in a communist country and I understand the psychology behind what they are doing all too well.

I know I haven't seen what you've seen from your background. I can only speak from growing up in the US.

I don't find pride in one's country, or volunteer army, to be anything to shy away from. I don't see it as coercive, in a manner of advertising. Having a military is sort of a "fact of life". We can't exactly turn a blind eye to it. I'd much rather see it proudly represented and respected than treated as something less than desireable.

It seems to me that you have a problem with those giving them their orders, than those carrying out the orders?

FYI, in my son's class, ages ranged from 18 - 35 (he is 25). I think it is not what one thinks that the military is primarily made up of 18 y/o's unable to think for themselves.

Commercials help generate revenue for the NFL and their owners who in turn pay their players and employees.

It's called Capitalism.

I love Capitalism :rocker:

I know I haven't seen what you've seen from your background. I can only speak from growing up in the US.

I don't find pride in one's country, or volunteer army, to be anything to shy away from. I don't see it as coercive, in a manner of advertising. Having a military is sort of a "fact of life". We can't exactly turn a blind eye to it. I'd much rather see it proudly represented and respected than treated as something less than desireable.

It seems to me that you have a problem with those giving them their orders, than those carrying out the orders?

FYI, in my son's class, ages ranged from 18 - 35 (he is 25). I think it is not what one thinks that the military is primarily made up of 18 y/o's unable to think for themselves.

Exactly. The Army was created to protect democracy and the population, like the Boston Patriots. Now it protects the government and a bunch of politicians.

When it's back into the people's hands we can be proud of it again. I'm sure there are plenty of honorable people in the Armed forces that are good people and fight the good fight and they need to be there and should be there. God bless them but I feel they are getting smaller and smaller by the number.

Frankly I'd much rather see them fly the new Virgin Galactic space plane or something similar that's inspiring overhead instead of fighter jets.
Why not fly this?
Virgin-Galactic-02_1197103.jpg

Virgin%20Galactic%20SpaceShipTwo%20Feather%201.jpg

It's a lot more interesting than that USAF plane.

Does even half of the population know that there's even a space port in New Mexico? i doubt it. But they would probably recognize King Abdullah's at first site.

Do they know who Richard Branson is?
Virgin_Galactic.jpg

There's a true entrepreneur. A rich guy who actually does something useful with his money. He could very well be a modern day Christopher Columbus if you ask me. I'd rather my kids go work for him, and follow his vision so we don't have to sell out or fight this guy for his oil...

Everyone recognizes him, no?
king-abdullah.jpg

F8carrierl.jpg

Nice. I remember the F8U when I was in the Navy. Top line jet back then when it was first introduced. That model in the photo flew in 1974 as a photo recon platform.

Open the dome in Indy i say, so we can see the Patriot Wing fly overhead:D

F8carrierl.jpg

What type of jet is that? The second one that your dad flew....is that a P9?

Commercials help generate revenue for the NFL and their owners who in turn pay their players and employees.

It's called Capitalism.

I love Capitalism :rocker:

Uhm, that's not capitalism. What I posted is an example of Capitalism. What the Army is doing is nothing of the sort. It's closer to communism and fascism You and I are paying for those commercials which in turn pay the media, who is also mainly controlled by politics nowadays to influence our youth the way they want to. The Army isn't supposed to have an advertisement budget that includes ESPN and Super Bowl Sunday.

That's not how Capitalism and Democracy is supposed to work. Are you ok with paying taxes so the Army can show CGI animation that's make belief and sell your kids on the cool factor of war, in Hollywood fashion, when it's not even close to reality?

I like Capitalism too, but sorry, I'm not cool at all with that. I'd rather not have it smudge something as great as American Football. Which has nothing to do with it. Separation of church and state is a huge part of what made this country great. So was separation of army and a monopolistic Federal government.

When it was created it was only supposed to last during WW2. They forgot to shut it down cause it makes too much freaking money.

Last edited:
The C5-A's are stationed out of Chicopee, Mass. at Westover Airforce Base.

If you go to their huge airshow every two years and see the planes up close, you'll see all sorts of Patriot logos all over the planes.

After all, they are called the "Patriot Wing" : 85-0009 tail | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

GO PATS AND USAF!!!!

I like Branson & Virgin Galactic even though he's one of our British Oppressors.

Go Elon Musk & SpaceX!

I like Branson & Virgin Galactic even though he's one of our British Oppressors.

Go Elon Musk & SpaceX!

I honestly believe things have changed. He probably just wants to get the hell off this rock and do what they did 500 years ago. Start over:D

My point is if they're going to make pharmaceutical companies post side effects on medication adds, why don't they make the USA ARMY?

Warning: "Side effect: death. Please talk it over with your family. If you happen to get shot, and the bullet penetrates your bullet proof vest we'll take it out of your paycheck. Sometimes you may have to fight for the wrong reasons like good old cash and a Oil barons. This is a for-profit corporation."

At least be real about it and I have no problem with it.

Isn't there a Political BS thread for this kind of discussion? :confused:

Doesn't the USAF have a forum for the rest of it?

See? This is exactly why they did it. So this thread exists and people talk about it. So why not allow the other point of view and the opposition if that's allowed?

Last edited:
Well gosh. You mean if I join the service I might get shot at? I just joined for the great benefits!

Really, this is rediculous. If we're breeding them that dumb, then we may as well start over.

What type of jet is that? The second one that your dad flew....is that a P9?

The first one is the F-22 Raptor. The one my dad flew was the F-8 Crusader. Won the Navy Cross in Vietnam. (yes, I'm proud of my dad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back