PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Brady said that it was a great catch and that he thought he led him too far.

Again, that's exactly what Brady would say.

I would have to assume that the odds of winning an even turnover game where one barely gets into the 19:00 minute mark for TOP is remarkably low.

I'm guessing less than 10 percent at best.

Yup, they won on talent, not on smarts tonight.

Almost half the fans around me left after they missed the 2 pt conversion..like it was over....1/4 of the stadium filed out..like all over. It was far from over!

Stayed till the end having a heart attack but we won. I knew it wouldn't be a blow out. 5-2 baby F the jets
Pats fans need to grow up. We are so freaking spoiled right now that everybody is complaining about this win because it wasn't a good enough one. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of mistakes that had me flustered, but half the fans and media seem to think that because they didn't blow out the jets this was as good as a loss. On to Chicago!

that DA catch...just an awesome catch...no other words

That catch was very, very impressive. Hopefully he can start to get a better feel for having the ball in his hands, which may end up leading to a creation of more opportunities somehow. If he's able to get open or they develop some plays for him specifically, he may still be able to turn things around and contribute more.

In the meantime, we may as well have him returning kicks. He's excelled in that role before.

Pats fans need to grow up. We are so freaking spoiled right now that everybody is complaining about this win because it wasn't a good enough one. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of mistakes that had me flustered, but half the fans and media seem to think that because they didn't blow out the jets this was as good as a loss. On to Chicago!

Like I mentioned in another thread, the first meeting between these two teams is normally very close.

I believe the last 6 years have shown 3 losses and 3 wins--and those 3 wins were by scores of two, three, and three. Very close games, particularly the first meeting of the year.

These two teams can battle each other--despite whatever record they may carry at the time.

Just wait until local talk radio and even the media in the NFL how they will spin this W as more of a L type game...

Also here is my solution for losing mayo. Your base turns into a 5-2. No point having a 4-3 with a bad LB or a going 4-2-5 cause it begs for a first down run.

Jones-Walker-Wilfork-Jones-Nink It can get pressure and top the run. It will also be easier to do when Easley & Silga are healthy and you can rotate them.

Also here is my solution for losing mayo. Your base turns into a 5-2. No point having a 4-3 with a bad LB or a going 4-2-5 cause it begs for a first down run.

Jones-Walker-Wilfork-Jones-Nink It can get pressure and top the run. It will also be easier to do when Easley & Silga are healthy and you can rotate them.

Go 5-2 next week, and the Bears destroy this defense. No way.

Given that he does it all the time... Yes, he would.

No he doesn't.

Just like the Patriots with the Jets and Raiders games, I'm playing down to he competition here. :D

Of course, it is beyond you to actually give an example of what you are claiming.

What about 4-3 with Ninko moved to OLB?

No he doesn't.

Just like the Patriots with the Jets and Raiders games, I'm playing down to he competition here. :D

Given that you've never "beaten" me, I'd suggest you're pulling a late year Al Davis, and going full on delusional.

Go 5-2 next week, and the Bears destroy this defense. No way.

5-2 replaces the 4-3 looks which are pretty much just 1st down looks. There is nothing wrong with a 5-2. You have the exact same number of DBs as a 4-3 but you emphasis pressure. Also it allows you to move Nink to LB if you don't like the look.

This gives you a heavy 4-3 but i would prefer that over Skinner on the field & the fact they don't know when you are doing it means you can cover it up better.

Also to the people complain about Wilfork. He is a old, big DT on 4 days rest. I should have seen this coming. Guys like him are the guys effected the most by short weeks.

Edit: @ Shmessy: Yeah that was also part of my thinking too but i think showing that as an intiatial look or having to rely on Moore as a DE is not good right now. When Easley is back it might be worth considering more i think cause he is a more natural all around DE than Moore.

Given that you've never "beaten" me, I'd suggest you're pulling a late year Al Davis, and going full on delusional.

Sad, sad Deus. Not irate, just sad.

Sad, sad Deus. Not irate, just sad.

I agree with the adjective. I suspect we have different subjects in mind, however. I'll leave it at that.

What about 4-3 with Ninko moved to OLB?

I would imagine that we'll see that at some point, shmessy.

I'm not exactly an "X's and O's" type of guy as much as some other much better posters are, but I would assume that may be a viable solution since he's obviously familiar with the role.

While we're on the subject, I saw them post a stat that claimed that (at the time) 191 yds was the most rushing yds ever allowed by a Belichick coached team---yet didn't we see Denver run for 200+ in last year's game at Foxborough? I could've sworn that Knowshon Moreno had 200+ yds just himself.

For what it's worth, I saw the stat pop up again during the post-game show on NFLN.

While we're on the subject, I saw them post a stat that claimed that (at the time) 191 yds was the most rushing yds ever allowed by a Belichick coached team---yet didn't we see Denver run for 200+ in last year's game at Foxborough? I could've sworn that Knowshon Moreno had 200+ yds just himself.

For what it's worth, I saw the stat pop up again during the post-game show on NFLN.

Yup, Moreno on his OWN had 224 that night!

Yup, Moreno on his OWN had 224 that night!

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Someone posted a very poor statistic, that happened to get shown multiple times during a review of the action later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3