PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The pace Jamie Collins is on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawrence Taylor was already that guy at 22.

He only got better. There has never been a more feared pass-rusher, and that includes Reggie White. And, when asked to, he could also cover at a pretty good level. And he was phenomenal against the run. I don't know if the cocaine helped or hurt him, but I do know he was almost never out of position, and almost never got beat, or blocked. Some of that was, I'm sure, Belichick simplifying things, but I could then ask, isn't he doing the same for Collins?

This isn't to say that Collins isn't a great player, and he's got a chance to be the best LB that has ever played here (although he's got a ways to catch Andre Tippett) for sure. But Lawrence Taylor is, in my mind, and I think in Bill Belichick's mind, the greatest linebacker to ever put on shoulder pads. That would make Taylor the best LB Belichick has ever coached.

And JJ Watt is better than Richard Seymour ever was. The two really don't merit comparison. Seymour was very good and filled his position very well at times. JJ Watt is a disruptive force in both the run and pass game, and an exponentially better athlete.

Interesting that Andre Tippett was also #56 which is who I thought the picture referred to when I saw it.

In its defense it's done very good.

The problem is every offense they've faced has an inexperienced/inconsistent/flat out shaky passing game.
Exactly. All the QBs he has faced tend to crap themselves when under pressure and make mental mistakes. They throw stupid passes that turn into picks. I doubt that happens with brady.

Does anyone have he video of Collins sack vs. the Jets Sunday? Haven't been able to find it.

Jamie Collins should be illegal, shouldn't be possible to move as fast as he does at his size.

#JamieCollinsGate

I don't see a lot of excess bodies in the Defensive Front Six/Seven. These are guys who repeatedly get hit by men -- or by combinations of men -- who are stronger than they are. Depth, both for in-game rotation and against injury, is crucial.

There IS a ridiculous excess at safety at the moment, but I imagine that will shake out before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back