Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Open

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Ciara's Dad, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Ciara's Dad

Ciara's Dad Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Royal Birkdale,
    England
    Greg Norman goes into the final round with a 2 shot lead over last years winner Padraig Harrington, and Korea's KJ Choi. Not bad for a 53 year old who only plays the occasional tournament these days. He plays tennis wife his new wife, Chris Evert, more often these days. I think he is as gobsmacked as the rest of us. The conditions have been horrendous for the first 3 rounds, but today it looks as if they will be quite favourable.
    I would like to see him complete the fairytale, but given that he has been known to choke when leading, my money is on Padraig to do the double.
  2. Ciara's Dad

Ciara's Dad Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Norman drops 3 shots after the first 3 holes. Harrington with a 1 shot lead going to the 4th.
  3. Ciara's Dad

Ciara's Dad Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

After 10 holes, Norman and Harrington are tied for the lead at +7.
    The wind is causing havoc on the golf course. Norman is +5 for the round so far, Harrington is +3. Suddenly, there are 7 players on +8, +9 and +10 who are all in with a shout.
    Typical scouse weather.:D
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  4. Ciara's Dad

Ciara's Dad Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Congratulations to Padraig.:D Back to back Opens. No mean feat.
    Final scores http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/live_scores/7510391.stm.
    Hard luck to Greg Norman, he couldn't quite hold it together. Never mind. Walking away with his arm around a very fit looking Chris Evert,;) and with a mulit-million dollar buisness empire, I'm sure he'll get over it!!