PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Who Loves Vrabs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
re:

I don't like the end of his article, when he lists the Pats playoff records based on if they had a bye or not.

Did he ever consider the fact that the coaching staff has more to do with the playoff result than the seed!?

Secret Weapon Mike Vrabel is the MAN!

Now that Rosie is 100%, there's no one else I'd rather see next to Tedy than him. Our front 7 now is that much scarier with him and Tedy in the middle, and Willie and Rosie on the outside. Our rushing defense in the past few weeks is proof positive on this. IMO, our current front 7 is better than years past. With Hawk and Hobbs playing well, I do not forsee anymore defensive breakdowns, and unfortunatly any of our potential playoff opponents are going to learn this the hard way.

Vrabes is another guy who does not get Pro Bowl consideration. But, look at the value he has to his team.

Brady#12 said:
would it be fair to say he's a bitof a patriots legend?

Just the memory of him flying around the edge and tomahawking the ball out of Delhomme's hands in the Superbowl makes him that to me.

Add to that his pressure of Kurt Warner that led to Ty's INT in SB 36 and his TD catch in both 38 and 39 and yes I'd have to say that like Brady, Vrabes is a living legend.

I think Willie and Bruschi (Bru most of all, all things considered) fall into that category too. Harrison does too for sure, but he's easier to forget right now since he's been out all season.

I think out of our linebackers the two I'd hate to lose most right now would be Vrabes and Bru. Willie is a mackdaddy but I think his role could be filled. Colvin is developing into a great player, but he's not Vrabes or Bru yet.

I hate to even imagine our LB crew after Willie retires and Bru is finally forced to move on (people forget how long in the tooth he's getting in addition to the whole stroke situation).

We need to live this era up while we can. Much appreciation for Vrabel, Willie and Bruschi. They're alltime great Pats.

So far on offense really only Brown and Brady fall into that living legend category. Defense has a few more guys like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News