PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "Who Cares How They Look?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Granted, this is easy to post when the team looks so horrendous, but people will likely go overboard about how truly, spectacularly AWFUL this team looks. The OL is out of sync and short of starters. The QB's are inexperienced and, well, crappy. Overall, it's a terrible job by a team that will be leagues better in a few weeks. All it does is give BB some great talking point in terms of humble pie.

Carry on.

Ya gotta start the season somewhere.

The toilet is as good a place as any.

There have been alot of positives. Mayo Wheatley Crable as advertised. Woods showing good things. Sanders making a couple plays. Merriweather hitting hard. Slater looking Ok on offense.

On the down side, Cj looked like shi t.

Granted, this is easy to post when the team looks so horrendous, but people will likely go overboard about how truly, spectacularly AWFUL this team looks. The OL is out of sync and short of starters. The QB's are inexperienced and, well, crappy. Overall, it's a terrible job by a team that will be leagues better in a few weeks. All it does is give BB some great talking point in terms of humble pie.

Carry on.

Oh Patsox you homer (I'm just saying it to save all the Jets fans the trouble). Seriously, did any 1st string offensive skill players besides Maroney even get into the game? Agreed our biggest problem appears to be offensive line, and that's probably why Brady didn't even play. Cassell really is terrible. I understand that the O line wasn't doing him any favors, but he can't get out of his own way. Gutierrez at least has some moves to avoid the rush, and O'Connnel appears to have some skills. Why does it appear that Cassell has regressed so much? Wasn't he much better 2 or 3 years ago?

Crable and Mayo look good, as does Slater.

Overall, I don't care how anyone looked this game, but I do think the fact that Cassel seems to have struggled so much and made some really bad decisions is concerning to me. Well, as concerned a guy can get that his team doesn't have a legitimate #2 QB on the roster.

Cassell really is terrible. I understand that the O line wasn't doing him any favors, but he can't get out of his own way.

This is a fairly awesome description of Cassell's "skills", or lack thereof.

Considering this team has SB dreams, the drop off from Brady to whoever #2 ends up being is just frightening...............

Yeah, Woods is making a case for himself out there.

Considering this team has SB dreams, the drop off from Brady to whoever #2 ends up being is just frightening...............

Next week I would start Gutierrez to see if he can do something against another team's #1 D. If he can, I would seriously consider putting him ahead of Cassell. He looks better, but it's hard to tell if that is because he's playing against lesser players. Cassell clearly can't stand up to a #1 defense. I would also be on the phone to Chad Pennington after this game if I was Scott Pioli to see if there is any way he would come here.

i look forward to hearing BB's comments after the game.

Carry on.

I think that a game like this gives us the opportunity to look at players more than the team itself.

Cassel sucks.

Next week I would start Gutierrez to see if he can do something against another team's #1 D. If he can, I would seriously consider putting him ahead of Cassell. He looks better, but it's hard to tell if that is because he's playing against lesser players. Cassell clearly can't stand up to a #1 defense. I would also be on the phone to Chad Pennington after this game if I was Scott Pioli to see if there is any way he would come here.

I pretty much agree, besides the Pennington part. I've been saying this entire offseason Cassel just doesn't have the right attitude going into a contract year. Just from that, and seeing this game it looks like he will be cut. Gutz would have done better if he had Koppen/Mankins in front of him. Like you said, I would like to see him start next game and see how he does.

We don't need Pennington at this point. Let Gutz show himself one more game, and O'Connell is looking like a good #3

I pretty much agree, besides the Pennington part. I've been saying this entire offseason Cassel just doesn't have the right attitude going into a contract year. Just from that, and seeing this game it looks like he will be cut. Gutz would have done better if he had Koppen/Mankins in front of him. Like you said, I would like to see him start next game and see how he does.

We don't need Pennington at this point. Let Gutz show himself one more game, and O'Connell is looking like a good #3

I like Gutz but we saw NOTHING tonight that says he can play in the NFL. If Brady goes down, this team will be a below .500 club. Way below.

I like Gutz but we saw NOTHING tonight that says he can play in the NFL. If Brady goes down, this team will be a below .500 club. Way below.

No, no, no! Only Cassel, and then everything will be alright in the world again. Cassel is everything that is evil and Gutz is the greatest.

Last edited:
I don't think Cassel played well, but bear in mind he played against the Ravens #1 D with Gaffney as his best receiver and CJack as his first read.

Nothing made this more clear than the one play where Faulk came out and got a first down and I thought to myself, wow, so that's what a professional ball player looks like.

Gutz is like that chick that hangs out with other fat chicks to make herself look prettier. He did better than Cassel so he worth giving a shot.

True. But that is the case for most other teams too. Indy, Jacksonville, Dallas, the Giants, Pittsburgh, etc...

If there is not a big gap between your starting and backup QBs, then you're team probably isn't any good to begin with.

True. But that is the case for most other teams too. Indy, Jacksonville, Dallas, the Giants, Pittsburgh, etc...

If there is not a big gap between your starting and backup QBs, then you probably don't have a good starting QB to begin with, in which case it doesn't matter if the starter is healthy anyway.

the first preseason game....OK...let me repeat that...the FIRST preseason game...what Cassel did or didn't do in this game really doesn't mean much, as far as evaluating him...he didn't look sharp, but then it's hard to tell when the OL is a frickin' sieve like it was tonight. I'm GLAD Brady didn't play,and in that respect Cassel did his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes