PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official When Will Glass Maroney Score a TD Thread. Post guesses here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty weak if some of you are gonna come back NOW. I admit, I lost some excitement for Maroney because I didn't understand why he wasn't being used at all. If you people are saying theres nothing to be excited for, consider the fact that Maroney didn't run all over the Jets/dolphins earlier, it's clear Belichick was saving Maroney for the stretch run to and in the playoffs.

Maroney does not need to be a 1500 yard back. If teams see Maroney can hurt them, it just kills the defense. Suddenly they can't shut down the apss or Maroney eats them up, but god help them if they load up.

It seems to me as if everyone is down on Maroney because of Addai's great stats. It's a fact folks, every running back in the Indy offense has a field day. Addai is good, but his stats are clearly inflated. Why does James go from pro bowler to nothing in zona? why is it Indy' back up RBs always collect yardage? Because, like Addai, that running back faces softer run defense. People, Maroney is in his 2nd year. Relax, we're fine with him.

there are accually only a couple of "fans" that are down on LM but they were a very vocal thread starting minority

Last time I checked, Freeney and Sanders were winning a super bowl last february and playing in the pro bowl the week after. Glass won't sniff a pro bowl this year, while we will all be lucky if he is not on the shelf for the super bowl game. Comparing pro bowlers to glass is like comapring a mercedes to a ford. Let's get serious.

Serious ? You are a walking full time JOKE.

Wow, you guys are unreal. So unless I worship every pats player and talk sh*t about every colts player, than I must be a colts fan? Give it up. Sorry, but this thread is about the DISSAPOINTING Glass Maroney.

No it isn't. Its a cry for attention...

These threads are funny because NSA is the gay. I guess I need to update my sig again. :) We need to start calling NSA the prognosticator for how good he is with predictions.

Last edited:
NSA = No Such Ability

Or,

Nostradamus Strikes Again

Heh heh heh.
Awesome, AWESOME thread!:rocker:
It must burn the haters.

Again, I hope you guys are going to come back and post in this thread if Maroney gets shut down in the playoffs against good defenses. I don't want to hear no crying from you guys that it was the gameplan, offensive line, or weather's fault either. If this guy is the GOODS, than he will deliver the goods against ANYONE we face in the playoffs. Last time I checked the Jets and Dolphins will be watching the playoffs from the couch so I don't think Maroney will be able to feast on them anymore. It's time for Maroney to stop beating up on the CUPCAKES and start beating up on upper echelon NFL defenses. I, for one, don't think he will be able to do it.

Last edited:
You are a troll. I had complaints about Maroney, but I'm now absolutely convinced you're a Colts troll just screwing with people.

Maroney looked good the last two weeks. It won't kill you to admit it. He ran with authority, hit the hole hard, and showed the speed he's capable of.

You are a troll. I had complaints about Maroney, but I'm now absolutely convinced you're a Colts troll just screwing with people.

Maroney looked good the last two weeks. It won't kill you to admit it. He ran with authority, hit the hole hard, and showed the speed he's capable of.

Buddy, sorry if you are CONVINCED Maroney is finally the goods because he ran well against the Jets and Dolphins. That's your opinion. Fred Jackson and Justin Fargas also looked like world beaters running against Miami. I want to see the kid do it against a GOOD defense for once. Lots of backs look good against bad teams. Good lord. I said the kid ran well against the Jets and Dolphins. For cris sakes, he should have! Let's see him run well against a good team. Sorry, but it takes more than running well against two of the worst defenses in the league to change my opinion.:rolleyes:

Again, I hope you guys are going to come back and post in this thread if Maroney gets shut down in the playoffs against good defenses.

Did I just hear you change your argument because you had your ass handed to you?

Did I just hear you change your argument because you had your ass handed to you?

Change what? I always said the kid was MEDIOCRE and I still say he is MEDIOCRE. I haven't changed my argument at all. What, I'm suppossed to be convinced he is NOT mediocre because he tears is up against the Jets and Dolphins????? Fred Jackson and Justin Fargas are MEDIOCRE backs that also tore it up against the Dolphins. Big deal. Sorry, but it takes more than that to get me excited.

Again, I hope you guys are going to come back and post in this thread if Maroney gets shut down in the playoffs against good defenses. I don't want to hear no crying from you guys that it was the gameplan, offensive line, or weather's fault either. If this guy is the GOODS, than he will deliver the goods against ANYONE we face in the playoffs. Last time I checked the Jets and Dolphins will be watching the playoffs from the couch so I don't think Maroney will be able to feast on them anymore. It's time for Maroney to stop beating up on the CUPCAKES and start beating up on upper echelon NFL defenses. I, for one, don't think he will be able to do it.

Gotta love the excuses from you NSA. I have you figured out. You're actually a Colts fan masquerading as a Pats Fan.

Marooney.jpg

Laurence Maroney doing well against the NYJ and MIA of the club scene.

I am curious and want to see how he does in the coming weeks. I hope hes capable.

Change what? I always said the kid was MEDIOCRE and I still say he is MEDIOCRE. I haven't changed my argument at all. What, I'm suppossed to be convinced he is NOT mediocre because he tears is up against the Jets and Dolphins????? Fred Jackson and Justin Fargas are MEDIOCRE backs that also tore it up against the Dolphins. Big deal. Sorry, but it takes more than that to get me excited.

Do you even know what the definition of MEDIOCRE is? It means average. You've said Maroney was a coomplete bust and that he sucked.. You can't have it both ways.. He's either a bust or he's mediocre. The two are not synonymous.

BTW, Justin Fargas is a pretty good RB so I'm not sure why you are dogging him.

One last thing, half the teams in the play-offs have bad run defenses.

Gotta love the excuses from you NSA. I have you figured out. You're actually a Colts fan masquerading as a Pats Fan.

LOL! Ok buddy. You got me. :rolleyes: Heaven forbid if somebody says something negative about a player for the team he roots for. What an outrage! Puhleaze. Anyone that has their opinion changed on Maroney because he runs well against the Jets and Dolphins is obviously somebody that's opinion changes with the wind. I mean it's flat out embarassing for anyone who doubted Maroney to all of a sudden come on here and say they were wrong just because he ran well against the Jets and Dolphins. It's absurd. Running well against the Jets and Dolphins is equivalent to some college football team spanking some cupcake and all of a sudden thinking they can play with the BIG BOYS. It's night and day. Let's see what LoMo does against a defense that can actually play.

LOL! Ok buddy. You got me. :rolleyes: Heaven forbid if somebody says something negative about a player for the team he roots for. What an outrage! Puhleaze. Anyone that has their opinion changed on Maroney because he runs well against the Jets and Dolphins is obviously somebody that's opinion changes with the wind. I mean it's flat out embarassing for anyone who doubted Maroney to all of a sudden come on here and say they were wrong just because he ran well against the Jets and Dolphins. It's absurd. Running well against the Jets and Dolphins is equivalent to some college football team spanking some cupcake and all of a sudden thinking they can play with the BIG BOYS. It's night and day. Let's see what LoMo does against a defense that can actually play.

Competition is a factor when Maroney does well, but when he plays the top run defenses in the league that fact doesn't matter. That's the crux of your entire argument. You were wrong, are wrong, and until you smarten up, you will always be wrong.

As a cowboy fan, all I can is thank God we got the other former Minnesota's running back:D :D

NSA, c'mon, stop playing around.

Maroney has a great ypc number for the year, the last 3 games he has been solid and hasn't been dancing around, he hits the hole hard, and if there is an opening, he is gone. What more can you ask for?

If this guy is the GOODS, than he will deliver the goods against ANYONE we face in the playoffs.

That is a ridiculous standard... there isn't a back in the league who can meet that standard. Every one can be shut down if a good team (like us) decides that's how to beat them. Remember future-Hall-of-Famer Marshall Faulk in SB XXXVI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick