PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rounds 4-7 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q Smith gone. Way early for a guy that won't be ready for start of the season. Super sleeper potential though.

The Saints are quietly having an excellent draft as well. Vaccaro, Armstead, Jenkins and Stills is a good haul.

The worrying thing about him is the susceptibility of being burned because of speed other than that he is a very very smart football player.

His knock is that he gets burnt deep. If he plays the nickel or dime or move to safety, I think that knock is minimized quite a bit because he won't be running man to man with outside receivers all that often.

Ryan Swope's tiny hands are really causing him to drop. Never thought Stills would go before him.

Another possible 7th round WR is Cobi Hamilton. Not a huge fan but good value in the 7th.

What is Welker's hand size? I am curious and couldn't find it searching internet.

*Not even pretending to compare the two, just using it as frame of reference in terms of hands :)

IMO -Patriots need to address the OL (C/OG) to backup starters.

Really, really wanted Barrett Jones.

Best would be to get a OG that can play C.

I think the biggest difference between Pats and Ravens fans is that there is a small very vocal group of Patriots fans who think because they have Tom Brady that the Pats are almost guaranteed to win the Super Bowl every year and the only reason the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since the 2004 season is because Belichick the GM has snatched Super Bowls away from this team. I mean the Pats were clearly the most talented team in 2007, but it was Belichick's draft that made David Tyree catch an impossible catch with his helmet.

Be forewarned, if the Ravens do win one or two more Super Bowls in the next five years, expect there to be a contingent of fans who expect the Ravens to win the Super Bowl every year and kill Newsome whenever they don't.

Heh, I hear you. We do have a smaller version of that argument (Brady should equal SB win every year, etc) in terms of the Ravens and it was "Ravens have top 3 defense every year and if only Newsome could have found a serviceable QB and/or WRs from 2001-2008 we could have won 7 SBs."

LOL about Tyree being BB's fault. Yes, people like to cram square-shaped facts into round holes even if it means transparently tortured logic.

As for your friendly warning, I can only hope to experience that situation (means more SB wins :) )

Heh, I hear you. We do have a smaller version of that argument (Brady should equal SB win every year, etc) in terms of the Ravens and it was "Ravens have top 3 defense every year and if only Newsome could have found a serviceable QB and/or WRs from 2001-2008 we could have won 7 SBs."

LOL about Tyree being BB's fault. Yes, people like to cram square-shaped facts into round holes even if it means transparently tortured logic.

As for your friendly warning, I can only hope to experience that situation (means more SB wins :) )

No offense, I hope you never have to experience that. Not that I don't want the Ravens to win a few more Super Bowls, but I am concerned about your sanity of dealing with illogical Ravens fans if they do. :D

BB will be on NFL Network in 10-15 minutes!!!

Giants just drafted a 6'4, 230 pound Safety from Richmond that nobody has ever heard of. Let's all go to the Giants' board and pile on Jerry Reese!

If Lattimore is healthy that could happen in the future, but he doesn't guarantee a SB or replace James, correct?

:confused:

Gore will be 30 next month. Best case is that Lattimore is Gore's replacement in future years.

Down goes the punter!

Giants just drafted a 6'4, 230 pound Safety from Richmond that nobody has ever heard of. Let's all go to the Giants' board and pile on Jerry Reese!

Excellent point, because the 5th round is exactly like the first 3. :bricks:

Just on twitter. Jeff Demps trade imminent (poss 6th rounder).

If Lattimore is healthy that could happen in the future, but he doesn't guarantee a SB or replace James, correct?

It's not a "backup to Gore" best scenario, which is what I was referring to.

Excellent point, because the 5th round is exactly like the first 3. :bricks:

In this years draft the end of the 3rd and the 5th aren't that far apart.

Well with Demps gone: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, there's room for one more.

Well with Demps gone: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, there's room for one more.

Demps more or less has always "been gone." I'm hoping we get a pick this year for him.

In this years draft the end of the 3rd and the 5th aren't that far apart.

They're miles apart. Give your insane homerism a rest once in a while, and learn to understand that opinions formed while trying your best to be unbiased, instead of while bathing in the vats of KoolAid, can be a good thing.

There is indeed room for a short yardage back. We have 2 fullbacks on the team. Also, we could go with only four running backs. We need the roster spot for an additional wide receiver, considering that we have 2 rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back