PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats vs. Rams week pre-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident, the stats don't lie we are UNBEATEN at Wembley!

It will be split in my opinion, without doubt we'll have more fans there, but us Brits love an underdog who will support the less known rams and not forgetting the thousands who don't give a **** who will cheer for every pass and run.

I see this as being a possible trap game. I hope the Pats don't underestimate the Rams.

I am definitely not confident about this game. I can see us easily losing this by 10 or more points if our O keeps screwing the pooch. We will need 30+ points in this game to win.

ahh I hate 10am games means I have to start at 1 am for work :(

But I think the pats should take care of them Im a little worried about Bradford with this D but Brady will be to much for their defense to handle im saying like 35-17

Not a cake walk here, rams d can dial up the pressure. Would be great to blow them out though and that douche fisher. Give them a long ride home to think about it. But honestly this secondary is garbage and bradford will have a chance to exploit it and if the rams d can get after Brady....could look a lot like the last two weeks. Patriots 24 Rams 21

I see this as being a possible trap game. I hope the Pats don't underestimate the Rams.
Trap games usually involve a tougher opponent the week afterward. The Pats have nobody else to worry about for two weeks after the Rams. They better not be looking ahead.

Trap games usually involve a tougher opponent the week afterward. The Pats have nobody else to worry about for two weeks after the Rams. They better not be looking ahead.

Obviously looking ahead to that big bang clock.

The Pats, with what's happened this year so far, will not take anyone too lightly

IMO the Rams also have an underrated special teams. Anyone get a chance to see that kicker yet? Beast Leg.

IMO the Rams also have an underrated special teams. Anyone get a chance to see that kicker yet? Beast Leg.

They dont call him Greg the Leg for no reason, thats for sure.

After the Giants, I think the Rams might have the 2nd or 3rd best defensive line in the league. This is going to be interesting.

ahh I hate 10am games means I have to start at 1 am for work :(

But I think the pats should take care of them Im a little worried about Bradford with this D but Brady will be to much for their defense to handle im saying like 35-17

you're on the wrong coast..i am in nevada right now for the next 5 days before i go back to MA..MNF at 5:30? and 1 pm games at 10AM don't feel right...at all

This Bradford guy - - - is he as good as Peyton Manning?

Bradford is no Peyton Manning. The problem is that our secondary makes the likes of Russell Wilson and Mark Sanchez look like Manning even though they are nowhere close in terms of actual talent. *sigh* How to fix this cursed secondary?

The good news is that Jackson was never a burner of a RB and our defensive line is built to stop power runningbacks like him cold, see Spikes hit on Greene. The Pats should be able to suppress the Rams running game. Also Amendola is out for the Rams so they don't have a lot of weapons in the receiving game.

I think the Pats should comfortably win unless there's a lot of jetlag. But I could as easily see a high scoring shootout depending on how badly our secondary performs.

Being a Pats fan and a Rams fan (From stl) I will say that the pats cannot underestimate the Rams.

The Dline plays very well and Brockers is getting better every week helping against the run.

I feel Brady can really expose the rookie Janoris Jenkins, Bradley Fletcher, and Craig Dahl/ Stewart throughout the game. Janoris does look promising, but every game he makes a huge mistake or too like locking on to the QB and standing in place getting burned.

While the Pats may stop SJ39, watch out for Daryl Richardson. This kid is fast and hits the hole HARD. Think of Chris Johnson a few years back. As for the WR core, Bradford is adapting decently so far. Brandon Gibson is showing he can make some tough catches, but it seems he is really a 50/50 chance of showing up during the game. He tends to make easy drops too. Chris Givens is starting to become more in sync with Bradford and is getting better every week. He is a straight deep play burner. Petis is good on 3rd down sometimes, but that is pretty much it.

The Oline is running on people from the streets, with Wayne Hunter and Shelly Smith being starters, if that gives you a hint lol. They are playing much better than expected though, but still average at best.

For special teams, the Rams are still trying to figure out their returner situation. Jenkins and Petis have both screwed up in the last two games. Jenkins runs without covering up the ball and risks fumbling while Petis doesn't like to call fair catch much and wants to get jacked up.

Legatron has seemed to recovered from missing 3 straight field goals against Miami. The one problem I am still seeing is his field goals are still close to the left goal post, which may be a sign of adjustment issues. He should be good for 65 if needed but his nerves can always get to him. Watch for him to break the record this year if he gets the chance again.

Also don't sleep on the punter Hekkler. While Legatron is getting a lot of press, Hekkler is playing great!

The Rams have extreme trouble scoring td's once in the Redzone. It is an epidemic. They may make big plays and march down the field, but once they cross that 20 its like they forgot how to call plays.

I think it will be considered a home game of sorts for the Pats, which will only make it harder on the Rams young group.

At the end of the day, it will either be a close dog fight with Brady getting pressured like against the Cards/Hawks, or Brady will target the rookie CB and lack of consistent safety play and have a party.

Prediction:

Rams: 23

Pats: 28

So the Rams left yesterday while the Pats are leaving thursday. Isn't this similiar to the 2009 game when the Bucs left early in the week for London?

Worried about this game being in London. Anything can happen.

St. Louis Rams | Depth Chart

When I look at the Rams offense, I'm stunned that Bradford can score any points at all with that OL and weaponry. I've always felt he was going to be a top QB.

But then I look at the defense and they have a lot of talent. The Patriots O is going to have some difficulty. I expect a low scoring affair.

That being said, I was also stunned to see Josh Hull at backup MLB. As a Penn State fan, this tells me that they are very very thin in depth.

Also don't sleep on the punter Hekkler. While Legatron is getting a lot of press, Hekkler is playing great!

Hekker. Only correcting you because he's a buddy of mine. He's been great this year and don't sleep on the fakes with him. He was Seattle Times player of the year as a QB and OSU used his fakes numerous times so the kid has an arm. He also threw a TD pass against the hawks this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News