PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats vs. Rams week pre-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
...and on we go to London to face the Rams.

Discuss....

Anyone wants to predict the number of yards Sam Bradford will bomb our secondary with? :D

At least we won't have to worry about Amendola :)

...and on we go to London to face the Rams.

Discuss....

Anyone wants to predict the number of yards Sam Bradford will bomb our secondary with? :D

The post is great right up until the negative part. Yup they haven't been great but jeez do we need to start out negative. Yes I saw the smiley face you posted and you are probably being sarcastic but lets not start negativity so early in the week. :(

Holy crap I totally forgot this game was in London. Who'd have thought that we'd be in a situation where this game not being in St Louis and on a neutral field would be such a huge break. I feel pretty good about our chances at 5-3 heading into the bye.

I like our chances against this team. We have a stout run D to stop Jackson and their only passing weapon is hurt. Moreover, the site is neutral (and probably more of a home game for us). I think we gonna head 5-3 going into the bye which is perfect for all the ailing players to heal.

Then we have home games vs Bills and Colts before the Jets showdown and meadowlands. I think 7-3 going into that game vs Jets is VERY likely.

Last edited:
Holy crap I totally forgot this game was in London. Who'd have thought that we'd be in a situation where this game not being in St Louis and on a neutral field would be such a huge break. I feel pretty good about our chances at 5-3 heading into the bye.

By the number of Pats fans that will be at Wembley, this might as well be a home game for us :) not to mention, Pats will have traveled through 5 time zones, while the Rams would be traveling through 6 ;)

Guys what do you think it would take for Pats to be consistent on Defensive end?

I mean if you look at players individually, they look good.

We have Mayo, Spikes and Wilfork. All very good run stoppers. With addition of Chandler Jones(who was named DROTM), gives us pass rush and we have promising player in Hightower.

So what's the problem? Coaching, lack of chemistry or we need to draft better CBs?

In NFL, some teams emerge as defensive juggernauts out of the blue. (Texans, Cardinals etc)

Last edited:
The post is great right up until the negative part. Yup they haven't been great but jeez do we need to start out negative. Yes I saw the smiley face you posted and you are probably being sarcastic but lets not start negativity so early in the week. :(

Unfortunately, the negative part is a very realistic one. I'm sorry, but Bradford is not Sanchez, and even without Amendola, he can be very dangerous from the shotgun. I don't know about you, but given our pathetic secondary, Bradford is my biggest concern in this game, followed by their pass rush.

Guys what do you think it would take for Pats to be consistent on Defensive end?

I mean if you look at players individually, they look good.

We have Mayo, Spikes and Wilfork. All very good run stoppers. With addition of Chandler Jones(who was named DROTM), gives us pass rush and we have promising player in Hightower.

So what's the problem? Coaching, lack of chemistry or we need to draft better CBs?

In NFL, some teams emerge as defensive juggernauts out of the blue. (Texans, Cardinals etc)

Nothing wrong with the front 7. It's the secondary that needs to be torn apart and rebuilt from scratch.

I think our defensive players live for the big play, like last year's Packers. I think they want to live off timely interceptions and forced fumbles.

Nothing wrong with the front 7. It's the secondary that needs to be torn apart and rebuilt from scratch.

The secondary has some good building blocks, it is a unit that weaknesses are hard to hide though. It is a player or two away from being good.

Brady is getting older,you can't suddenly become a great secondary by drafting a CB especially when the Bill/Brady window continues to slowly close and are not going to be here more than several more years together.

You start by signing a veteran Safety or CB and a player who has been known on his previous team to be a mentor to the younger guys and known as a playmaker as well.

You then go to the draft and draft the best talent on the board at S and CB

You then have the veteran help out the younger guys and create a successful,youngster/vet mix which is a good start to improving a horrid secondary.

Too much youth and inexperience in one area is NEVER good..and that is what we have right now.

Last edited:
Do you guys remember a few years back when Bradford was a rookie and came in here in the preseason? He lit this team the effff up back then ...

Unfortunately, the negative part is a very realistic one. I'm sorry, but Bradford is not Sanchez, and even without Amendola, he can be very dangerous from the shotgun. I don't know about you, but given our pathetic secondary, Bradford is my biggest concern in this game, followed by their pass rush.

This Bradford guy - - - is he as good as Peyton Manning?

their offensive coordinator is brian schottenhiemr so he knows the pats well...

Nothing wrong? The front 7 doesn't create havoc or demonstrate enough of a consistent pass rush to be considered anything better than good. That may be scheme/play-calling because Patricia is sucking it up this season.

I'm gonna keep my eyes on Janoris Jenkins. I know quite a few people liked him during the draft and i think he could've been a better pick than Hightower. The ****ty secondary from last year was desperate for talent.

Do you guys remember a few years back when Bradford was a rookie and came in here in the preseason? He lit this team the effff up back then ...

Funny, I seem to remember that game more for James Laurinaitis getting GRONKED.

The front seven has a lot of trouble getting pressure... but is it just me, or do the Patriots almost NEVER blitz? Any time the Pats get a sack, it's because a block was defeated. It's so frustrating, year after year, to see bad QBs have success against us, but Rex Ryan-style blitzing is what typically does poor QBs in and we don't seem to want to do it.

It seems as though they're happy to give a QB time if it means no easy TDs are given up (Seattle notwithstanding, you have to give them that; teams must sustain drives on the Patriots to score). But the one time they brought overload pressure on Sanchez yesterday resulted in Hightower's sack--arguably the play of the game.

It just seems as if the Pats are almost vanilla on defense, which is of course in stark contrast with the offense, that continues to innovate at a break-neck pace.

Forgive me if this just sounds like homerist spin, but I like to think BB is stressing fundamentals with this defense, and forcing them to go out and play honest football so as to improve, rather than 'lipsticking the pig' with a lot of exotic schemes that may do the trick in the regular season, but can get brutally exposed in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes