PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats vs. Rams week pre-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Hunter starting LT?

Chandler Jones is going to have a LOT of fun there!

Wayne Hunter starting LT?

Chandler Jones is going to have a LOT of fun there!

Eh, I don't think so. If the Rams are smart, they'll chip him and double team him like the Jets did.

This game could be better than most people are giving it credit for. Like the previous two NFC West teams the Patriots have faced, the Rams have a good defense.

I'd like to see them run some plays designed to get Jones into the backfield.

Baltimore ran a good play the Patriots could easily use - Ngata from the snap just mauled the LG & C and left a hole for Suggs to loop through for an easy sack.

Wilfork could do the same thing Ngata did and Jones has more speed than Suggs to get through the gap created.

Here it is: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...rell-Suggs-sacks-Schaub-in-return-from-injury

Last edited:
I want to go deep in this game ! I just want to see TB connect with llyod for once ! I am so sick of the BS dinks and dunks . Is Tommy arm so weak or what ? I always want him to pretend that randy moss is on the field and just let it rip !!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. He should just, like, throw it deep and stuff.

I want to go deep in this game ! I just want to see TB connect with llyod for once ! I am so sick of the BS dinks and dunks . Is Tommy arm so weak or what ? I always want him to pretend that randy moss is on the field and just let it rip !!!!!!!!!!

Those BS dinks & dunks won us 3 SuperBowls.
The Moss style offense years, not so much.

...and on we go to London to face the Rams.

Discuss....

Anyone wants to predict the number of yards Sam Bradford will bomb our secondary with? :D

Maybe we can get Alamo to start a Predict How Many Yards the QB of the [Name of Team Here] Will Throw Against the Patriots thread.

The Rams don't have that good of an offense but Bradford is better than Sanchez, Wilson and Fitzpatrick, so my guess is around 335 yards with two TDs and two INTs.

Eh, I don't think so. If the Rams are smart, they'll chip him and double team him like the Jets did.

This game could be better than most people are giving it credit for. Like the previous two NFC West teams the Patriots have faced, the Rams have a good defense.

I second that. This game can turn to a Pats vs. Seahawks very quickly. Rams pass rush is for real. The only difference is this time is that we are not playing at Century Link :)

Maybe we can get Alamo to start a Predict How Many Yards the QB of the [Name of Team Here] Will Throw Against the Patriots thread.

The Rams don't have that good of an offense but Bradford is better than Sanchez, Wilson and Fitzpatrick, so my guess is around 335 yards with two TDs and two INTs.

Agreed. Thank god Amendola is out or else would have been royally ****ed.

(as opposed to slightly ****ed :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
isn't jeff fisher on the other side of the field? I hope our players don't get any cheap shots and get injured

From the beginning of the season, I have been very cautious of this matchup.

Not only did the previous 2 NFC teams that we faced (and lost to) have good defenses, but the St Louis Rams beat both of those teams already this year.

There will be many who do not take this game as seriously as they should, but I think it will be a tough game, not only to run the ball, but also to protect Brady and establish any kind of consistent offensive attack.

All reports so far say that the Rams had their best practice of the year today, as the return of Danny Amendola gave them a lot of energy and quite a lift in spirits. Hopefully they will save Amendola for their next game, which occurs after the upcoming bye. If he has any shot of playing, this game could be a battle until the finish. Not only that, we may not even come out on top.

The Rams have done an excellent job of limiting their turnovers this season, with 4 games in a row with only one turnover, so that may make things a bit harder too. I expect the secondary to struggle as usual, so that isn't making me feel any better about our defense's tendency to allow other teams to stay in the game.

One other thing that concerns me is the difference in coach's opinions on when to leave for London. I think that I may side with Fisher on this one, as they have already gotten there, got accustomed to the time change/jet lag etc, and have actually had a very decent practice. We won't even do much of anything until Saturday, as Friday will be a totally wasted day. Time will tell who had the better approach, but to me this one has upset written all over it. The only thing that's making me feel slightly comfortable is the low percentage (in my opinion) of Amendola playing on Sunday.

I don't think we're playing the Rams, I think we're playing these guys.
London_Silllnannies.jpg

Hoping the Patriots faithful will be loud and proud in representing us there in Wembley. I was a bit disappointed to be honest at how partisan the crowd sounded against New England last time our team was up there facing the Bucs.

Hoping the Patriots faithful will be loud and proud in representing us there in Wembley. I was a bit disappointed to be honest at how partisan the crowd sounded against New England last time our team was up there facing the Bucs.

Look at it from there point of view. Would you root for the team whose mascot harkens back to a ragtag band that humiliated you in a war, or would you root for badass pirates?

I don't think we're playing the Rams, I think we're playing these guys.
London_Silllnannies.jpg

No, they're still the Rams from here in America.

St.Louis--midwest United States ;)

STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES — This will be NFL’s sixth regular-season game played overseas. Patriots won second game played in London, beating Tampa Bay 35-7 in 2009. Rams playing first international game but canceled plans for games in 2013-14 to ease fan discontent and concentrate on stadium lease negotiations. ... Patriots have won two straight and four of six in series. ... Patriots coach Bill Belichick 4-1 vs. Rams; Rams coach Jeff Fisher 1-5 vs. Patriots. ... Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels held same position with Rams last season. ... Patriots beat Rams 20-17 in Super Bowl to end 2001 season. ... Patriots 38-12 vs. NFC under Belichick and Brady 34-8 vs. NFC. ... Patriots have NFL’s top offense, averaging 31 points and 436.1 yards. ... Patriots QB Tom Brady has 2,104 yards passing, most in AFC. Brady has 49 career 300-yard games, tied with Warren Moon for seventh on career list. ... WR Wes Welker leads NFL with 54 receptions, 688 yards. ... RB Stevan Ridley has 589 yards rushing, third-best in AFC. ... K Stephen Gostkowski kicked tying and winning field goals last week vs. Jets and leads AFC with 71 points. ... Rams 10th in NFL in total defense (324.4 yards) and point allowed (20.1). ... RB Steven Jackson has 501 yards from scrimmage, including 354 yards rushing, in last four games vs. AFC. ... RB Daryl Richardson third among NFC rookies with 282 yards rushing. ... WR Chris Givens first rookie with 50-yard catch in four consecutive games since Bears’ Willie Gault in 1983 and averages 27 yards on 10 receptions. ... DE Robert Quinn tied for third in NFL with seven sacks. ... WR Brandon Gibson has 25 catches, best among active Rams. Danny Amendola leads team with 32 receptions despite missing last three games with collarbone injury. ... Rookie P Johnny Hekker third in NFC with 49-yard average.

Interesting nuggets in this matchup, especially the coaches - Belichick 4-1 vs Rams, Fisher 1-5 vs Patriots. Fisher must have fond memories of Brady throwing for 5 TDs in one quarter (NFL record) in the snow in Tennessee. That would be nice, especially if it happens in the 4th quarter.

Well like in America it tends to be if you aren't a fan of the Patriots then you hate them :p

So it was probably 70,000 people against them last time, even though hardly anyone is a Bucs fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back