PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats Ravens AFCCG Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of thoughts.

The Ravens dinked and dunked us with great success. Opened us up and then sliced us up with intermediate passes.

The Patriots scored 13 points after a great offensive year. (remember 14 and 17 in the SBs). If I had polled the forum and asked if the Patriots would score 30+ today, I wouldn't find many who would be surprised if they did. Is JMc just a regular season coordinator? Washout in the big games?

After all the prep for JJ Watt and his batting down of passes, the Ravens seemed well-prepared to do the same.

Texts from people at the stadium noted wide open players on the many failed 3rd and shorts.

Finally - Demps 2013!

We saw something similar from GRONK in the KC game last year. Quite frankly, I NEVER want to see Brady doing that.

Ever.

Why, so we can have him for next year so we can crap our pants in the playoffs again? Go big or go home. It's the AFCCG, if not now, when?

Get ******* Branch off this team already. Ive never seen a more useless player.

Umm, as you might recall, Branch was a stop-gap measure—they didn't resign him until they had lost both Edelman and Stallworth.

We saw something similar from GRONK in the KC game last year. Quite frankly, I NEVER want to see Brady doing that.

Ever.

Not even if it's 2 mins left in the superbowl and you're down? This is the passion we need back on this team. We just can't beat every team by resting on our laurels. This is especially true in the playoffs.

Umm, as you might recall, Branch was a stop-gap measure—they didn't resign him until they had lost both Edelman and Stallworth.

Knowing this would require people to pay attention and not just spout off reactionary nonsense.

Why, so we can have him for next year so we can crap our pants in the playoffs again? Go big or go home. It's the AFCCG, if not now, when?

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make, so let me be blunt:

If the price of winning the Super Bowl is seeing Tom Brady risk a season-ending, career-ending, or, God forbid, paralyzing injury (remember Dennis Byrd?) on a play like the one in that video, count me out.

Being willing to put yourself out is one thing—and I'll freely admit that one of my frustrations is that Brady does refuse to take free yardage up the middle. But recklessness like the Helicopter play? No thank you. Watching GRONK land on his neck was scary enough. God forbid I had to watch Brady doing that.

Re: Coming up small in a big game..........Again!

hahahaha. Suggs was right. You arragant SOB's. Give respect where its due. WE OUT PLAYED YOU!!!!!! You are still in shock. How do u think we felt last year? Thats what i thought. Have a lovely evening. :) SUPERBOWL BABBBYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! HAURGHBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Congratulations.

You kicked our butts on the field. Your D took a HOF QB's weapons away, forced him into bad or misdirected throws and, tonight, your QB outplayed him. You also had a better game plan and out-coached us during the game. With two picks, a "headfirst" fumble, a crucial dropped pass by Welker (again) and lousy clock management at the end of the first half, that was the most complete meltdown in a Championship game by the Patriots in the last 12 years.

No excuses. No whining. The better team on the field won tonight.

Now, that I've been polite, here's a word of wisdom from a fan of the team that, despite its failure tonight, has been to seven AFCCG's and five SB's, winning three, in the last 12 years when you've been to three and two, winning just one so far.

It ain't over until you beat the 'niners. Until then, tonight is just a nice W that won't mean squat if you don't win in NO. Have a nice night and enjoy the victory.

I love Tom Brady but he's gone soft. When you can't suck it up and run 5 yards for a wide open first down in crunch time then your heart isn't in it. This was the AFCCG, if you can't sacrifice your body now then when? He doesn't have to be a running QB, but for christ sakes take one for the team when its right there.

This. He had Ngata 3 yards behind chasing him and decided to go down instead of trying to outrun him. Absolutely pathetic.

What was up with Wilcott tonight?

Did mumbles put a hex on him ... he was horribly awful and pouting on the bench even.

Last edited:
I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make, so let me be blunt:

If the price of winning the Super Bowl is seeing Tom Brady risk a season-ending, career-ending, or, God forbid, paralyzing injury (remember Dennis Byrd?) on a play like the one in that video, count me out.

Being willing to put yourself out is one thing—and I'll freely admit that one of my frustrations is that Brady does refuse to take free yardage up the middle. But recklessness like the Helicopter play? No thank you. Watching GRONK land on his neck was scary enough. God forbid I had to watch Brady doing that.

Elway was diving for a first down, why is it not reckless when a RB, WR or TE does it every play?

The difference between these teams is the defense. Ravens have a defense that can shut down one of the best offensives in the NFL. Pats on the other had have a defense that can make any QB look like a first ballet hall of fame player.

Pats defense simply is not good when it needed to be. The offense was getting their asses kick and when it was time for the D to step they let Flacco throw all over the field and were not able to cause a turnover.

Truth is I had no idea what the Ravens were doing in the first half by running the ball. It is zero coincidence that the second the Ravens started to throw the ball it was over for the pats.

Elway was diving for a first down, why is it not reckless when a RB, WR or TE does it every play?

It is reckless regardless of who does it.

In any case, there's a difference between diving for a first down and taking a flying leap that puts you over the defense.

Truth is I had no idea what the Ravens were doing in the first half by running the ball. It is zero coincidence that the second the Ravens started to throw the ball it was over for the pats.
Apparently you missed the pass defense up until Talib's injury. It was absolutely fantastic.

Deion Branch had a very nice burn on Terrell Suggs. Good on you Region...best thing you did for the team this year (unfortunately)

Apparently you missed the pass defense up until Talib's injury. It was absolutely fantastic.

It was 2 or 3 series. Let's not go nuts.

Plays that grinds my gears (just venting):

3rd and 2 at NE 42 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to W.Welker.

I believe Welker was wide open and Brady missed him

4th and 9 at BAL 35 Z.Mesko punts 27 yards to BLT 8, Center-D.Aiken, fair catch by E.Reed.

No trust in Gost? But pinning them at the 8 is pretty good. The old BB would have gone for it.

1st and 10 at BAL 10 (Shotgun) T.Brady scrambles left tackle to BLT 7 for 3 yards (E.Reed).
Timeout #3 by NE at 00:04.

Horrible time management.

4th and 8 at BAL 34 Z.Mesko punts 21 yards to BLT 13, Center-D.Aiken, fair catch by E.Reed.

Must really not like Gost

3rd and 8 at BAL 34 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to W.Welker.

Drive killer

1st and 10 at NE 39 (Shotgun) S.Ridley right tackle to NE 47 for 8 yards (B.Pollard). FUMBLES (B.Pollard), RECOVERED by BLT-A.Jones at NE 47. A.Jones to NE 47 for no gain (R.Wendell). NE-S.Ridley was injured during the play. The Replay Assistant challenged the fumble ruling, and the play was Upheld.

Patriot killer Pollard strikes again, and I still think Ridley's down.

2nd and 4 at BAL 19 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to S.Vereen. NE 12-Brady now has 5,862 career postseason passing yards, passing Brett Favre for most all-time.
3rd and 4 at BAL 19 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to W.Welker.
4th and 4 at BAL 19 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to D.Branch [H.Ngata].

Failed to get 4 yards on 3 plays. horrible execution.

He was injured early in the game and the Ravens did not start throwing the ball until the second half.

No trust in Gost? But pinning them at the 8 is pretty good. The old BB would have gone for it.
That was absolutely the right move. It was hella windy.

Plays that grinds my gears (just venting):

3rd and 2 at NE 42 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to W.Welker.

I believe Welker was wide open and Brady missed him

4th and 9 at BAL 35 Z.Mesko punts 27 yards to BLT 8, Center-D.Aiken, fair catch by E.Reed.

1st and 10 at BAL 10 (Shotgun) T.Brady scrambles left tackle to BLT 7 for 3 yards (E.Reed).
Timeout #3 by NE at 00:04.

Horrible time management.

4th and 8 at BAL 34 Z.Mesko punts 21 yards to BLT 13, Center-D.Aiken, fair catch by E.Reed.

Must really not like Gost

3rd and 8 at BAL 34 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to W.Welker.

Drive killer

1st and 10 at NE 39 (Shotgun) S.Ridley right tackle to NE 47 for 8 yards (B.Pollard). FUMBLES (B.Pollard), RECOVERED by BLT-A.Jones at NE 47. A.Jones to NE 47 for no gain (R.Wendell). NE-S.Ridley was injured during the play. The Replay Assistant challenged the fumble ruling, and the play was Upheld.

Patriot killer Pollard strikes again, and I still think Ridley's down.

2nd and 4 at BAL 19 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to S.Vereen. NE 12-Brady now has 5,862 career postseason passing yards, passing Brett Favre for most all-time.
3rd and 4 at BAL 19 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to W.Welker.
4th and 4 at BAL 19 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to D.Branch [H.Ngata].

Failed to get 4 yards on 3 plays. horrible execution.

The game was horrible. No need to get to that much detail :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST