PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats at Ravens Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the bogus PI calls, why didn't the Pats go deep?.I can't remember any long passes

this game could hurt come playoffs if we have to go there....hell we are 1-2 right now..won't talk playoffs now

Serious question here to the people who like to say things like "The refs suck, but....."

How do you expect a sports team to overcome bad officiating when it's involving game and possession changing calls?

Exactly the game starts with the first play of the game everything on that play effects the remaining plays in the game. Cause and effect in action-;)

Serious question here to the people who like to say things like "The refs suck, but....."

How do you expect a sports team to overcome bad officiating when it's involving game and possession changing calls?

This was by far the worst officiated game I've ever watched. You just could not escape the flags. Yellow is now officially my least favorite color.

Re: Our pass defense flat-out sucks (again)... can we just admit it please?

Did I miss a Ridley injury tonight? I'm trying to understand why Woodhead was out there so much.

I hate the Pats conservative style on 3rd and anything over 10, and how they sputter in crunch time. I really thought the play calling tonight was poor. It seemed the minute any momentum would build, they'd move away from what was working.

Also, did Gronkowski play tonight?
You think Woodhead played poorly? Forgive me, but you sound like a dope.

Did I miss a Ridley injury tonight? I'm trying to understand why Woodhead was out there so much.

I hate the Pats conservative style on 3rd and anything over 10, and how they sputter in crunch time. I really thought the play calling tonight was poor. It seemed the minute any momentum would build, they'd move away from what was working.

Also, did Gronkowski play tonight?

He had to help on the line blocking, thats a waste of a big weapon.

1. BB is too conservative in his philosophy.
2. Gronk has not been used to his full potential. I guess that either means Josh McDaniels is an idiot or our Oline is really that bad that we need Gronk to protect at ALL times.
3. What is Josh McDaniesl fascination with Woodhead? Dude is terrible.
4. Whats up with Ridley not carrying the rock tonight? He looks like a potential Stud but he barely got any snaps.

did he break a tackle all night?

This was one of the most infuriatingly frustrating games I've ever watched. Props to the Ravens, and our Pats for looking much better tonight on offense. I wonder how this game would have gone if almost every Ravens drive hadn't been kickstarted by a questionable call (not that we didn't get own favorable nonsense calls, but the timing wasn't always as critical).

If you really look at McCourty's play tonight objectively, aside from the missed tackle that led to a TD, the two INTs that he dropped, and that PI that led to the GW field goal, he did all right. :bricks:

He had three noticeable bad plays in my eyes:

- The second dropped INT
- the nmissed tackle which was more Gregory's fault
- the PI in the end

The rest of the night he was solid. You can argue that when he was bad, he was really bad. But he was mostly solid. The first dropped INT was a great play by McCourty that was broken up by the receiver.

Arrington was far worse with getting burnt multiple times and falling down on what would have been a game winning INT. Yet, people aren't trashing him.

Last edited:
Exactly the game starts with the first play of the game everything on that play effects the remaining plays in the game. Cause and effect in action-;)

It's not even that. If you get a bad false start call on 2nd and 1, you can still work with 2nd and 6. If you get a bogus PI on 3rd down, though, the entire game is completely changed. Instead of getting off the field and getting the ball, the other team is given a whole new set of downs.

Ravens looked like they overcame some questionable calls. You do realize that they would have been saying the exact same thing as you are if they had lost, don't you??

Bottom line--you control what you can control and the Pats could not get a first down when they needed to (for the umpteenth time) and could not make a play on D when they needed to (for the umpteenth time). Regular refs or replacement refs, Running into the back of a marginal NFL Wide Receiver on the most important play of the game is not making a play.

That being said, we hung with a SB favorite on the road in a revenge game. That shouldn't be overlooked.

Do you have the slighest effing idea what you just watched?

yes I watched a bunch of soft corners who can't press and cover in man 2 man let alone tackle

If you really look at McCourty's play tonight objectively, aside from the missed tackle that led to a TD, the two INTs that he dropped, and that PI that led to the GW field goal, he did all right. :bricks:

Ive thought of a new name for McCourty.

"The Matador"

It's as though our cornerbacks are clueless against the high pass. Seems all they can do is run alongside or slightly behind the receiver. Probably works wonders during practice because Brady never throws a high pass.

i loved the phantom call on mayo and mccourty on 3rd down tonight

I didn't say that.

I just think Ridley would have made more of the same opportunities. He hasn't given anybody a reason to doubt his ability this season.

Dont know how many blitzes we called tonite but shouldve rushed flacco more. He made so many dump offs to ray rice that it was maddening.

Today's number of the day = 503.

That was the amount of offensive yards we gave up.

I really don't want to get into a discussion about the refs when that figure sticks out like a sore thumb. We barely got near Flacco, the Linebackers seemed lost, and the secondary were awful for about three quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back