PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Vikings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Reiss on EspnBoston

"3. There have been times in the past when Patriots coach Bill Belichick has used an early season rotation on the offensive line with the intention of keeping players fresh from a conditioning standpoint. But though Belichick rotated first-year player Jordan Devey and veteran Ryan Wendell as the fifth and sixth linemen in the 2014 season opener, the decision seemed to be less conditioning-based and more about a competition along the interior that hasn’t yet sorted itself out. "At some point, if there is a separation and we see that one guy or one group is the one we want out there, then we’ll make that move," Belichick said on 98.5 The Sports Hub last Sunday. "I’m not sure we’re there yet." I think Belichick would ultimately like rookie center Bryan Stork to be part of that mix, but his missed time in training camp (leg injury) stunted his progress."

Anyone hear the Vikes' sideline reporter on 98.5 about a half an hour ago. What a moron! Crying that Peterson is a victim of double jeopardy because the first grand jury delivered a no bill and then the second grand jury chose to indict.

It certainly isn't anything close to "double jeopardy," but it does show the flawed system of the states who still use the grand jury.

The prosecutor has the right to keep putting that through until he reaches the "true bill" findings that he's looking for. While Peterson's case brings up a sore spot for the grand jury indictment system argument, it's definitely nothing new.

From Reiss on EspnBoston

"3. There have been times in the past when Patriots coach Bill Belichick has used an early season rotation on the offensive line with the intention of keeping players fresh from a conditioning standpoint. But though Belichick rotated first-year player Jordan Devey and veteran Ryan Wendell as the fifth and sixth linemen in the 2014 season opener, the decision seemed to be less conditioning-based and more about a competition along the interior that hasn’t yet sorted itself out. "At some point, if there is a separation and we see that one guy or one group is the one we want out there, then we’ll make that move," Belichick said on 98.5 The Sports Hub last Sunday. "I’m not sure we’re there yet." I think Belichick would ultimately like rookie center Bryan Stork to be part of that mix, but his missed time in training camp (leg injury) stunted his progress."

He must have some intent on shuffling things, since he has an extra OL active today with 8 (Stork).

Kline is also active today as well.

Ryan Wendell inactive, interesting. Would be cool if stork got the start. Looks unlikely, though.

Wendell was inactive as of late Friday or early Sat afternoon. I believe he's hurt.

Gronk locked in on the parachutist. He was asking himself, "Is jumping out of an airplane risky for a guy with a bad knee, bad forearm and bad back?"

Oh no! We can't escape Jenny Dell!

LETS GO

It certainly isn't anything close to "double jeopardy," but it does show the flawed system of the states who still use the grand jury.

The prosecutor has the right to keep putting that through until he reaches the "true bill" findings that he's looking for. While Peterson's case brings up a sore spot for the grand jury indictment system argument, it's definitely nothing new.

Not to hijack the thread. I don't have a problem with the grand jury system, but I do have a problem with how SOME prosecutors abuse it.

HERE WE GO

That's how you neutralize Patterson in the kicking game.

Thompkins the odd man out as a healthy scratch.

Pretty much saw this coming all offseason, although I'm sure it will be different if LaFell doesn't turn it up today.

At the moment, I'm somewhat torn on this. A grand jury doesn't establish guilt or innocence, merely the question of whether criminal charges should be brought.

Right now, I lean towards being able to re-air charges before a grand jury being OK, but safeguards need to be in place to prevent railroading. [After all, as hard as it can be to swallow, it is better that guilty men go free than innocent men go to prison.]

Jones at OLB

Nicely done, Chandler. Way to sniff that out.

Jones is pretty good at DE.

There's Chandler Jones playing his natural position. In the backfield quickly on both plays.

Let's get a 3 and out

d%#*!@t they will miss collins on these TE plays

New 55 is about as good as the old 55 in coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3